pooranmashi

Secondly if the nanaksahi calendar is so good, why does it not apply to Guru Nanak Dev Jis Birthday? This gurpurb still is celebrated by the Bikrami calendar by all sikhs! The answer is because the logic of nanaksahi does not apply to it, it fails so the great mr purewal decided to leave it out of the nanaksahi calendar

Fourthly if the gurus themselves celebrated gurpurbs with the bikrami calendar why should we change? are we saying the gurus were wrong to follow it?

Ques. 2:

- As i said earlier, the original date of Guru Sahib's parkash utsav is on 15th april. The actual date proposed by Mr Purewal was according to that date. But that met stiff resistance from Sant Samaji quarters, so SGPC compromised and in a meeting with different organisations (including Sant Samaj etc), decided that three dates (parkash utsav, divaali, and hola mohalla) should be celebrated in line with old dates, as the tradition has it that way. And, now you guys come up and say we don't accept it. At first, SGPC does what it can so that NC is accepted by all Sikhs...and we DO reach a solution. Nihangs get their Hola arranged as they want, Sant Samaj gets Parkash Utsav as 'Katak Di Pooran Mashi', but still you guys don't stop throwing dirt at our major institution. nonono.gif

Ques. 4:

- this is by far the best argument. the only answar i can give is: it was the calender used those days, there was no choice. but then you would say: oh, if they wanted they could create NC.

just a thought; if they wanted they could create sgpc also...but that had to be done by singh sabhaits. if they wanted they could have given us an authentic 'Sikh Rehat Maryada' in written form..

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

rsingh bhai ji, i might be a new member on this forum, and not as well versed on sikhi as many other people on this forum, but i HIGHLY resent being called NANG.

i mean here i was thinking that forum was open to new members to try and bring them closer to sikhi, my bad i guess.

All this is point less, waste of time.

The only true way to keep Guru Jee happy is

Take Amrit

Naam Jap

listen & read Paath

keep Sangat of Gursikhs

Thats the way to remember Guru jee not to fight over a Moon or if Guru jee was born on this day or that day. We should try our best to go Gurdwara every day. As this world is Fake. Every thing is Fake. The only Truth is Naam.

Seems like we tend to 'skip' the posts encouraging panthik ekta pray.gif

seriously we've made this small issue into a massive issue.

What the dates importance anyway? so tha we can remember the jeevna of our Wonderful Guru's right?

I think Guru Sahib would be a lot happier if we did extra paath and remembered their jeevan 2-4 day later/before than the original date rather than the Panth dividing and yelling at each other.

seriously - Sikhi's post is the most useful up till now..

let's get back to our normal Yahoo SAngat ruitine, and stop yellign at each other, due to a few dates here and there....

bhull chukk maaf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

thats a load of bull

http://news.waheguroo.com/633Q6-12649-443Q...3-13632-36.html

as u will see 95% of Sikh comm has acceppted the Nanakshahi calander its just GOI pitus /cults who wont, which make me wonder :T: and by that i am not reffering to the orgs stated in list above as i think the list is not true!

HINDU rituals is true, people who step on 2 beries dont like the truth. thanks we all love the forum, and i guess gso do u as u cant seem to stay away.

all these people go to other forums yet the sad nerds cant stay away!

goto gursikhijeevan.com than watch the video on nanakshai calenders. Don't disrespect Rara Sahib, DDt, Nihangs or any other sampardayee or jatha by posting nonsense

Hello Singh Bikramjit,

Why don't you go to that link and debate with him instead of making clown out of yourself on here?  LOL.gif

oh but my bother the only one lookin like a clown here is u rolleyes.gif

ur the one who started the arguement about the calenders and havent been able to make 1 point against bikrami other than "Its a hindu calender, everyone that follows it is RSS"

************* A MESSAGE FROM THE ADMIN ***************

pauVI ]

pourree ||

<

i>Pauree:

gurmuiK sKIAw isK gurU mylweIAw ]

guramukh sakheeaa sikh guroo maelaaeeaa ||

The Guru unites His Sikhs, the Gurmukhs, with the Lord.

ieik syvk gur pwis ieik guir kwrY lweIAw ]

eik saevak gur paas eik gur kaarai laaeeaa ||

The Guru keeps some of them with Himself, and engages others in His Service.

ijnw guru ipAwrw min iciq iqnw Bwau gurU dyvweIAw ]

jinaa gur piaaraa man chith thinaa bhaao guroo dhaevaaeeaa ||

Those who cherish their Beloved in their conscious minds, the Guru blesses them with His Love.

gur isKw ieko ipAwru gur imqw puqw BweIAw ]

gur sikhaa eiko piaar gur mithaa puthaa bhaaeeaa ||

The Guru loves all of His Gursikhs equally well, like friends, children and siblings.

guru siqguru bolhu siB guru AwiK gurU jIvweIAw ]14]

gur sathigur bolahu sabh gur aakh guroo jeevaaeeaa ||14||

So chant

the Name of the Guru, the True Guru, everyone! Chanting the Name of the Guru, Guru, you shall be rejuvenated. ||14||

iqlµg mhlw 4 ]

thila(n)g mehalaa 4 ||

Tilang, Fourth Mehl:

hir kIAw kQw khwxIAw guir mIiq suxweIAw ]

har keeaa kathhaa kehaaneeaa gur meeth sunaaeeaa ||

The Guru, my friend, has told me the stories and the sermon of the Lord.

bilhwrI gur Awpxy gur kau bil jweIAw ]1]

balihaaree gur aapanae gur ko bal jaaeeaa ||1||

I am a sacrifice to my Guru; to the Guru, I am a sacrifice. ||1||

Awie imlu gurisK Awie imlu qU myry gurU ky ipAwry ] rhwau ]

aae mil gurasikh aae mil thoo maerae guroo kae piaarae || rehaao ||

Come, join with me, O Sikh of the Guru, come and join with me. You are my Guru's Beloved. ||Pause||

hir ky gux hir Bwvdy sy gurU qy pwey ]

har kae gun ha

r bhaavadhae sae guroo thae paaeae ||

The Glorious Praises of the Lord are pleasing to the Lord; I have obtained them from the Guru.

ijn gur kw Bwxw mMinAw iqn Guim Guim jwey ]2]

jin gur kaa bhaanaa ma(n)niaa thin ghum ghum jaaeae ||2||

I am a sacrifice, a sacrifice to those who surrender to, and obey the Guru's Will. ||2||

ijn siqguru ipAwrw dyiKAw iqn kau hau vwrI ]

jin sathigur piaaraa dhaekhiaa thin ko ho vaaree ||

I am dedicated and devoted to those who gaze upon the Beloved True Guru.

ijn gur kI kIqI cwkrI iqn sd bilhwrI ]3]

jin gur kee keethee chaakaree thin sadh balihaaree ||3||

I am forever a sacrifice to those who perform service for the Guru. ||3||

hir hir qyrw nwmu hY duK mytxhwrw ]

har har thaeraa naam hai dhukh maettanehaaraa ||

Your Name, O Lord, Har, Har, is the Destroyer of sorrow.

gur syv

w qy pweIAY gurmuiK insqwrw ]4]

gur saevaa thae paaeeai guramukh nisathaaraa ||4||

Serving the Guru, it is obtained, and as Gurmukh, one is emancipated. ||4||

jo hir nwmu iDAwiedy qy jn prvwnw ]

jo har naam dhhiaaeidhae thae jan paravaanaa ||

Those humble beings who meditate on the Lord's Name, are celebrated and acclaimed.

iqn ivthu nwnku vwirAw sdw sdw kurbwnw ]5]

thin vittahu naanak vaariaa sadhaa sadhaa kurabaanaa ||5||

Nanak is a sacrifice to them, forever and ever a devoted sacrifice. ||5||

the point of our post:

stop arguing like little kids. talk respectfully. please. thanks. -8