What does it mean to be AKJ??

JagKaur

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Just a question...what does it mean to be a AKJ?? I hear lots of people saying "yaa I wear a dastaar because I'm a AKJ", or " I took AKJ amrit." What does that mean??

How/Why are AKJ people different from the rest of the Amritdhari Sikhs???

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

in the end were all bros and sis

we all belong to the same panth

if we look technically

some one who is an akhand keertan wud be someoone who wud do keertan nonstop

thas y its called AKHAND keertan

bhai sahib randheer singh je started this style of keertan, very nice

but if we say oh im akj, most often we mean that we follow the maryada that bhai randheer singh je and the majority of the akj keertanis practice

thas like the more common meaning of akj

someone who doesnt belive in raag maala as being gurbani, keski is a kakaar, not kesh, and other little things

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

vahguru Jee Ka Khalsa!

vahguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

someone who doesnt belive in raag maala as being gurbani, keski is a kakaar, not kesh, and other little

actualy veerji, when the panj explain rehat, raag maala isnt even mentioned, it is optional. many singh's read it that follow jatha reaht, while some dnt. it is personal pref.

You might find some people say that they are AKJ, but that doesn't mean anything like what you are implying:

How/Why are AKJ people different from the rest of the Amritdhari Sikhs???

Any Amritthari Sikh who has assocation with AKJ, those who attend smagams organized by the Akhand Kirtani Jatha, can be a part of the Jatha, since all the participation at smagams is by the Sangat directly. But however looking at Singhs/Kaurs associated with Jatha differently from other sangatta is wrong. This distinction should not be made by anyone, the person himself or by any others.

Why the hell would any one want to be part of any Jatha being AKJ, Taksal. We should try to be a Khalsa. No Jatha SIMPLE.

To take Amrit one goes to the Punj, a Jatha is not allowed to give Amrit only the Punj can give Amrit.

We should not promote one Jatha, this is how we are bring the caste system back into sikhi. So please dont say I have take Amrit from AKJ, Taksal or I am part of this Jatha or that Jatha.

Say you have taken Amrit from The Punj and you are trying to be a Khalsa.