Sign in to follow this  
dallysingh101

The Sikh Revolution by Jagjit Singh

This Is one of the best books out there when it comes to describing the revolutionary achievements of Sikhi in relation to caste during the early days of the Khalsa. It's essential reading in my opinion. Hope some people learn from it:

https://ia802508.us.archive.org/17/items/TheSikhRevolutionAPerspectiveView/TheSikhRevolutionAPerspectiveView.pdf

(stub link now updated for download)

• Like 1

On 5/4/2019 at 8:59 PM, GuestSingh12345 said:

i'll read it when i'm done my exams,do you have more recommendations to add to my reading list,if so can you please share. 

Get this one done and I'll find some more for you after if you want. 

@AjeetSingh2019

If you are the artist formerly known as AjeetSinghPunjabi. I just refreshed myself on this book after a good few years. I remember you asking about how Sikhi is different from 'Hinduism'. I think this book does a top class job of highlighting that. You might want to give it a go. 

Start from chapter 7 onwards. 

On 2/1/2020 at 12:51 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

You should post on what's happening. Rarely even come to this section. 

People who read should jump into this section now and then. You might find some gems? Did you read the book? What did you think? 

5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

People who read should jump into this section now and then. You might find some gems? Did you read the book? What did you think? 

I would like to read it.

where can I get a paper copy ?

9 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

I didnt. But to be honest, i dont want to either. All my life I have been told how great sikhi is and how it was first religion to be egalitarian. First i read accounts by our own people. But they seem like bragging. Then theres accounts by british and muslims about how brave and amazing we were. 

But after awhile it just becomes wish fulfillment.  Especially after the reality. My own father who taught me these sikhi ideals is a big jatt casteist and a ruthless business man and a badal supporter. He had to realize to succeed in life, ideals dont help (not without lots of bhagti).

I know sikhi was meant to he great. And its teachings are amazing. But what if you just want to be normal? What if ur too weak to follow that path? 

And what if the rest of the world has already implemented all of sikhi ideals leaving the sikhs laughably behind. 

14 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

I didnt. But to be honest, i dont want to either. All my life I have been told how great sikhi is and how it was first religion to be egalitarian. First i read accounts by our own people. But they seem like bragging. Then theres accounts by british and muslims about how brave and amazing we were. 

But after awhile it just becomes wish fulfillment.  Especially after the reality. My own father who taught me these sikhi ideals is a big jatt casteist and a ruthless business man and a badal supporter. He had to realize to succeed in life, ideals dont help (not without lots of bhagti).

I know sikhi was meant to he great. And its teachings are amazing. But what if you just want to be normal? What if ur too weak to follow that path? 

And what if the rest of the world has already implemented all of sikhi ideals leaving the sikhs laughably behind. 

if you are too weak you lean on Guru ji and follow his footprints to avoid the landmines of life .  If you look closely the world has not even implemented as far as the Guru Sahiban have shown us as basic needs of the people, wildlife, nature  and planet .  We are meant to work hard to illustrate how the model is supposed to work. I'm sorry you father has tripped up and gotten into caste egotism but that was never a part of sikhi . SIKHI IS GREAT, WE ARE NOT ...YET ..  the fault lies with us

2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

if you are too weak you lean on Guru ji and follow his footprints to avoid the landmines of life.

So it's only those who can't bear the tribulations of life who seek refuge in the Guru? What of those people who overcome life's cruelties and emerge as stronger people without even knowing the existence of a Guru? Are they now greater than the Guru?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• Are you still active here?
    • Suleman reminds me of the vampires from the movie interview with the vampire! The vampires are sad and lonely, wondering around aimlessly, century after century and not able to free themselves from their bodies! Suleman says the same thing, how people in the joon of ghosts wonder around without aim and they feed on filth and rot. 
    • Its been 10 days since you posted this I wanted to welcome you too. It's always never late. I am a little new too so welcome to this amazing website where we can talk about our problems or ask reasonable questions. I hope you'll take as much laha and learn something from here. Have a blessed day ahead! 🌻✨
    • Jaggi aside, none of the above really contradicts Sikhi, because it's knowledge from the Vedic granths that even our gianis and parcharaks have to study for a grounding in Dharmic philosophy.  I know that if Sikh parchaar occasionally veered towards this really interesting type of spiritual and holistic approach it would attract many lapsed Punjabis, particularly those raised in the West, who currently feel quite disconnected and adrift but can't quite put their finger on how to get themselves out of various ruts and troughs. It might also help warding off the vulture-like attention of other faiths seeking easy converts. Our history and the malign affects of Brahmanical mischief are essential to understand who we are, where we came from, and why we're in the shape we currently are, but some deeper theory of how the individual can enact day-to-day positive spiritual change, is needed for those who are a little more thoughtful and inquisitive.

Important Information

Terms of Use