Sign in to follow this  

One of my muslim friend has gifted me Quran . Should I continue reading from it ?

I don't think he's trying to convert me. But I see it has arabic and also its english translation side by side . 

I don't know what I should be doing with it . No disrespect intended . I am reading into it . Although it has too many primitive stories of Abrahamic prophets . But at the same time I respect all religions . 

In the past I have read vedantic lliterature sometimes, but first time I am gifted an abrahamic text.

I read the Quran out of curiosity and yes I found it primitive and almost felt like I was reading a death threat at times.

I honestly didn't learn anything from it, no gyan whatsoever, ad I read it with an open mind. 

Now nd then it tells you how you will suffer in her fire for eternity 

There's more to learn about kindness in the gospels than there is in the Quran 

43 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I don't think he's trying to convert me. But I see it has arabic and also its english translation side by side . 

I don't know what I should be doing with it . No disrespect intended . I am reading into it . Although it has too many primitive stories of Abrahamic prophets . But at the same time I respect all religions . 

In the past I have read vedantic lliterature sometimes, but first time I am gifted an abrahamic text.

Your insane

5 minutes ago, Big_Tera said:

Your insane

lmao ... how old r u bro ? 5 ?

u just called me insane in this thread coz i called u insane in another .. haha . 

I think ur 30+. please act so 

13 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I read the Quran out of curiosity and yes I found it primitive and almost felt like I was reading a deatg threat at times.

I honestly didn't learn anything from it, no gyan whatsoever, ad I read it with an open mind. 

Now nd then it tells you how you will suffer in her fire for eternity 

There's more to learn about kindness in the gospels than there is in the Quran 

By "primitive" I didn't mean barbaric or backward. 

I mean quran is full of stories of old times and prophets , like Adam , Eve, Noah, Job, Jacob, Abraham , etc etc . Its very exotic stuff considering we sikhs are a dharmic religion 

18 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I mean quran is full of stories of old times and prophets , like Adam , Eve, Noah, Job, Jacob, Abraham , etc etc . Its very exotic stuff considering we sikhs are a dharmic religion 

Yeah I meant barbaric.

Is this normal in India then? Giving religious books and stuff ?

Because where I live it would be like a controversial thing to do, many would take it as offence lol 

36 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

What you need to know about religions like Christanity,  Judaism and Islam is that they are eclectic meaning they have taken concepts,  ideas, stories from religons way before them the Noah great flood story actually is an Sumerian story, Gilgamesh the great flood.

38 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah I meant barbaric.

Is this normal in India then? Giving religious books and stuff ?

Because where I live it would be like a controversial thing to do, many would take it as offence lol 

Neighboring Hindu ladies call my mom at some of their festivals and give them religious jantris like "mata laxmi ji " and other such material . 

14 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

What you need to know about religions like Christanity,  Judaism and Islam is that they are eclectic meaning they have taken concepts,  ideas, stories from religons way before them the Noah great flood story actually is an Sumerian story, Gilgamesh the great flood.

even Sikhi borrows characters and stories from ancient hindu mythology . Its even present in Sri Guru Granth sahib, 

but the topic of this thread is not to falsify religion 

Just now, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

even Sikhi borrows characters and stories from ancient hindu mythology . Its even present in Sri Guru Granth sahib, 

but the topic of this thread is not to falsify religion 

I wasn't try to falsify anything, why are you wasting time reading that particular book when you can spend the time to read and understand parts of the Guru Grant Sahib Ji you don't understand?

21 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

I wasn't try to falsify anything, why are you wasting time reading that particular book when you can spend the time to read and understand parts of the Guru Grant Sahib Ji you don't understand?

I am not "wasting time" on that book . 

I have read hindu scriptures as well, and yes Gurbani is our only guide, but isn't it one of 52 hukams of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji to study other religion's scriptures as well 

10 minutes ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I am not "wasting time" on that book . 

I have read hindu scriptures as well, and yes Gurbani is our only guide, but isn't it one of 52 hukams of Sri Guru Gobind Singh ji to study other religion's scriptures as well 

I'm only saying this because of personal experience,  i spent a lot of time 'wasted' in my opinon,  on text of other religions when I dont understand Guru Granth Shahib Ji properly.  

26 minutes ago, Redoptics said:

I'm only saying this because of personal experience,  i spent a lot of time 'wasted' in my opinon,  on text of other religions when I dont understand Guru Granth Shahib Ji properly.  

are u bro or sis . just asking. ur age ?