One of my muslim friend has gifted me Quran . Should I continue reading from it ?

7 hours ago, puzzled said:

I read the Quran out of curiosity and yes I found it primitive and almost felt like I was reading a death threat at times.

I honestly didn't learn anything from it, no gyan whatsoever, ad I read it with an open mind. 

Now nd then it tells you how you will suffer in her fire for eternity 

There's more to learn about kindness in the gospels than there is in the Quran 

I read a translation years ago. I'm not trying to offend but it did feel dark as hell at many places. Especially the bits about beating women and keeping sex slaves. 

1 hour ago, RajKaregaKhalsa1 said:

Yeah, Mata ji was yearning for a son and Dhan Dhan Guru Arjan Dev ji Maharaj told Mata ji to go to a great being and serve him. And she went to Baba Buddha ji. She had to go twice.

Here's a video on it, telling us that it really happened.

Yeah it always reminds me that one should humble themselves down when going gurdwara

7 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I read a translation years ago. I'm not trying to offend but it did feel dark as hell at many places. Especially the bits about beating women and keeping sex slaves. 

Yeah and the constant reminder of being sent to hell fire and tortured. It's like it's trying to get fear into the reader so they will follow it. Also there is a clear dislike towards the Jews  lol

You can see why Muslims think the way they think 

12 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah and the constant reminder of being sent to hell fire and tortured. It's like it's trying to get fear into the reader so they will follow it. Also there is a clear dislike towards the Jews  lol

You can see why Muslims think the way they think 

Yeah, the attitudes towards Jews and other non-Muslims was shocking to read coming from a Sikh background. Explains a lot. 

But you have to say, certain sullay emphasise this more than others. I think we can see a clear difference between say paks and Bengalis in this respect. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

Yeah, the attitudes towards Jews and other non-Muslims was shocking to read coming from a Sikh background. Explains a lot. 

But you have to say, certain sullay emphasise this more than others. I think we can see a clear difference between say paks and Bengalis in this respect. 

Yeah it explains why some Muslims are the way they are towards non Muslims.

Hardly any Bengalis live where I live but I worked with a lot in London, they seem ok. Culturally very different from us though.

I don't trust Pakistanis, some of them are ok though. Something fishy about them 

6 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

i was pretty horrified by the verses asking for cutting of thieves hands and cutting limbs from opposite side of people who do highway robbery . 

4 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

i was pretty horrified by the verses asking for cutting of thieves hands and cutting limbs from opposite side of people who do highway robbery . 

I'd say it was okay for people who aren't easily swayed/converted to read. It'll help you understand certain things about other communities a bit better, but it's not exactly something that you'd really be keen to give a re-read - if you know what I mean. 

In the past I have heard some people say that it has kalaa-jadu properties. So people might want to be careful of that. 

1 hour ago, dallysingh101 said:

In the past I have heard some people say that it has kalaa-jadu properties. So people might want to be careful of that. 

I wouldn't be surprised. Entering arguments with them and picking fights is dangerous even if they don't attack directly. I have heard of sikhs being attacked via strong black magic .

Also when it comes to exorcism , quran verses are very harsh on those spirits and make them wail and cry . Whereas Sukhmani sahib soothes even those spirits. An amritdhari bibi , wife of my dad's friend was possessed . When Sukhmani sahib was recited to her, the spirits in her would calm and sit quietly and listen to bani 

21 hours ago, AjeetSinghPunjabi said:

I don't think he's trying to convert me. But I see it has arabic and also its english translation side by side . 

I don't know what I should be doing with it . No disrespect intended . I am reading into it . Although it has too many primitive stories of Abrahamic prophets . But at the same time I respect all religions . 

In the past I have read vedantic lliterature sometimes, but first time I am gifted an abrahamic text.

Tell him you'll read it if he reads SGGS