What is free will in sikhi?

mahandulai

On 1/24/2019 at 8:30 AM, mahandulai said:

If someone is a great saint, and japs a lot, are they good, through their own doing? Then, why blame, another or someone, for something, if GOd guides all?

That is not correct.

God guides you, if you take His shelter and hold His hand, so to say.

Otherwise it is nothing but guided ignorance, or dictates from the mind, which mostly follow,  and these are known as manmukhs.

Gurbani is there, thus His guidance is there, but now ask yourself: how many do they follow it implicitly? 

Call it ignorance or manmukhta,  it is the same thing.

The Light of Gurbani is there, but we prefer not to look towards the light,  howsoever we by words may try to show the contrary.

44 minutes ago, scali said:

Yes sheaj paath about 5 or 6 times by Gurs Grace. it’s has message for people in different stages. Like a Physican prescribe different medicine for different conditions. Dude just chill and move on. 

What do you mean chill and move on? First I have not been heated with you , to chill out, and move on to what ? I am just pointing you in a direction , if you do not want to read, that is fine, but don't be rude and try and shhh me away.

7 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

From the first line its understood Vaheguru does all.  However you believe free will exist, according to the second line?  So can you define free will for it can be discussed?

Well, but I'm not claiming there is free will or not. I'm just saying that according to Gurbani, you can't understand the question of free will just by talking about it. 

Only when God grants you understanding can you understand it.

3 hours ago, BhForce said:

Well, but I'm not claiming there is free will or not. I'm just saying that according to Gurbani, you can't understand the question of free will just by talking about it. 

Only when God grants you understanding can you understand it.

In the first post you wrote I can't understand free will through  discussions.  By which you accept free will exist.  So I asked you to define free will that I can't understand through discussions.  

In this post you have changed your position to claiming  you don't know whether it exist or not and add that I can't understand the question of free will just by talking about it.  Therefore the Gurbani lines you provided can also be applied to anything else and this is manipulating them and not presenting the Gurbani in it's true form to be interpreted correctly.  Here I will demonstrate:

Does the flying spaghetti monster exist.

I say no it doesn't exist. Then another poster presents the following Gurbani lines to say you can't understand the question of the flying spaghetti monster by talking about it.

ਇਕਿ ਆਪੇ ਉਝੜਿ ਪਾਇਅਨੁ ਇਕਿ ਭਗਤੀ ਲਾਇਅਨੁ ॥

Some, He causes to wander in the wilderness, while others are committed to His devotional worship.

ਜਿਸੁ ਆਪਿ ਬੁਝਾਏ ਸੋ ਬੁਝਸੀ ਆਪੇ ਨਾਇ ਲਾਈਅਨੁ ॥

He alone understands, whom the Lord causes to understand; He Himself attaches mortals to His Name.

Now the existence of the flying spaghetti monster is up to someone saying I was told by God the flying spaghetti monster exist and no one can deny it because you were not given the understanding.  Also Santa claus also exist on the same premises.   Let's go further I was given the understanding that humans were monkeys.  

It seems you want to say free will exist but don't want to define it.  

Gods will is your will and your will is Gods will

There is only one of us. By not accepting what’s showing up in our lives and wanting something different, we just feed our ego and make it stronger increase our separation from what our true self is. This is the nature of the game.

5 hours ago, scali said:

Gods will is your will and your will is Gods will

There is only one of us. By not accepting what’s showing up in our lives and wanting something different, we just feed our ego and make it stronger increase our separation from what our true self is. This is the nature of the game.

What would you say to Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji who did not wear the janue? The janue showed up in his life, but he wanted something different.  So was he feeding his ego?  Why didn't he accept to be a hindu as he was born in a Hindu family? What you are describing is the teaching of the hindu scriptures that is considered to be part of the 3 lower qualities that dont know the fourth way which Guru Sahib has given.  

We don't have a will.  Today Guru Sahib gives me the blessing of praising him.  Tomorrow he takes me to the pit of hell and makes me forget his name by absorbing me in anger and the roller coaster of emotions takes over.  Next sunrise I feel humbled for I understand I don't control anything and beg for his mercy.