Would you be ok with your sister or daughter marrying a black or white Sikh?

Torontobboi

36 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

These sh**s in every group, community, faith, and there's scum in our community as well as our host community. Just got to keep perspective and not write off everyone as a lost cause even if it may seem that way. 

A lot of people think in black and white where the reality is that there are many shades of grey.

19 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

You are targeting punjabis families and it shows how naive you are of what is going on in the world.

Go marry a non punjabi.  Tell us when you do.  Within a year you will be on the street scratching your head thinking,  but she loves me.....

To be brutally honest, you are not smart enough to marry a western born girl who is punjabi or not.  Many of your type of naive sardars marry western punjabi girls who had a lot of fun but play the nice girl when she meets a sardar like you.  At the moment this will sound like I am making fun of you.  But I truly am not making fun of you.  You can't handle that type of woman.  She will run a train over you a thousand times and you will be apologizing not her.

I'm not targeting but talking about punjabis because I'm Punjabi myself, why would I care about the family dynamic in other cultures.

I know people from many different backgrounds and I know this isn't just a problem in Punjabi families.

Lol I am not naive, you have never met me or spoken to me so you can't jump to that conclusion lol

I have been asked out by girls and been in situations where I could of ended up in relationships but to this day I have never gone into a relationship out of my own choice because I believe I have not met the right girl yet. If I was naive I would of fallen for any girl who displayed the slightest of interest in me, but I ain't that dumb or naive. 

19 hours ago, puzzled said:

While in India we actualy have had "family" running after us with cups of milk or tea and blocking the gate and saying we have to have at least a sip and then they will let us go

The actualy physically block the gates and not let us go out and force us to have a sip 

Maybe it's a cultural thing in India to do that to your guests but I don't like it

Every house you go to they had you drink milk

My dad was like assi pench#d dodh peeke behmaar ho jana 

My thai also used to force me to drink milk every night and if I didn't want it she would tell me I have to drink a sip and if I didn't she would get upset.

The milk was ugly and lumpy and tastes horrible 

I seriously felt like I had to start taking my anti depressant tablets again. I got so depressed with the family harassing me and force feeding me that I actually got depressed and stopped talking, I felt mentally challenged, my parents got worried and ket askin why im not talking and kepr telling me we only got a week left and then we will be back home. 

I hate going there because of the reltives

Its mental torture 

This is the old eastern custom that you never let anyone go without feeding them with something. It is a sign of hospitality. If they do not, they will feel offended. 

Unfortunately it is something you just have to suck it up, smile and nod.

The milk thing happens because you are in a hurry and not have time for a cup of tea. Normally the compromise is to have half a cup.

I sometimes think one should invite all your relatives and get it done all at once, but they would find this offensive. 

14 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

This is the old eastern custom that you never let anyone go without feeding them with something. It is a sign of hospitality. If they do not, they will feel offended. 

Unfortunately it is something you just have to suck it up, smile and nod.

The milk thing happens because you are in a hurry and not have time for a cup of tea. Normally the compromise is to have half a cup.

I sometimes think one should invite all your relatives and get it done all at once, but they would find this offensive. 

Yeah I guess its a clash of cultures really 

On 2/1/2019 at 12:00 AM, BhForce said:

Also, another point that I was trying to get across to Sukhvirk is that merely seeing and conversing with someone is hardly what Westerners call dating.

I'm afraid that you seem to have a misunderstanding.. Maybe you should clarify your thoughts on what is dating. The questions I asked you were for this very purpose. Since it felt like your definitions were somewhat limited.. 

You use of the term westerners seems to be a code for white?