Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Is the rehat saying, to eat after panj bania - aka - once in morning, once in evening, and once in night time ...? had some strong evidence for it ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Don't you think there are greater and more pressing issues deserving of attention than eating times? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Don't you think there are greater and more pressing issues deserving of attention than eating times? 

like superwoman lilly singh coming out as bisexual   joke!  lmao 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Don't you think there are greater and more pressing issues deserving of attention than eating times? 

Yeah, like people using words like 'fudhoo' on forums. Real deadly man......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

I have heard that Gurus only ate only once a day

have u got any source for that? like a written historical account or katha recording? would like to know much more about their diet in those times - even what herbs/spices they wouldve used for medicine as opposed to food etc.

been doing this myself in the last few months - daal roti pani which aint enough if u wanna train...but if wat ur saying is true then how could they have sustained their weight or even gained any at all during war and travel? were fortunate the 'sikh diet' consists mainly of things like wheat, lentils/beans, rice, milk, ghee, nuts/seeds etc. that are all high in the necessary stuff i.e. protein, carbs and fat but still one meal wouldnt be enough would it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GuestSingh said:

have u got any source for that? like a written historical account or katha recording? would like to know much more about their diet in those times - even what herbs/spices they wouldve used for medicine as opposed to food etc.

been doing this myself in the last few months - daal roti pani which aint enough if u wanna train...but if wat ur saying is true then how could they have sustained their weight or even gained any at all during war and travel? were fortunate the 'sikh diet' consists mainly of things like wheat, lentils/beans, rice, milk, ghee, nuts/seeds etc. that are all high in the necessary stuff i.e. protein, carbs and fat but still one meal wouldnt be enough would it?

I don't have a source for this. It's something I heard a few years ago from a Singh who is really into Bhagti. He said to me that since ancient times holy men of India only ate once a day as that type of eating habit keeps them alert for Bhakti/meditation purposes. Looking further into this even holymen of other religions eat once a day. Buddha only ate once a day. In the Abrahamic tradition the prophets are said to eat once a day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Jonny101 said:

I don't have a source for this. It's something I heard a few years ago from a Singh who is really into Bhagti. He said to me that since ancient times holy men of India only ate once a day as that type of eating habit keeps them alert for Bhakti/meditation purposes. Looking further into this even holymen of other religions eat once a day. Buddha only ate once a day. In the Abrahamic tradition the prophets are said to eat once a day.

Intermittent fasting has taken off in recent years. Where people eat within a certain time window, for example people will not eat for 18 hours and then eat in the 6 hour window.

It is claimed to help to bring better clarity and focus instead of being sluggish.

This maybe quite similar.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Intermittent fasting has taken off in recent years. Where people eat within a certain time window, for example people will not eat for 18 hours and then eat in the 6 hour window.

It is claimed to help to bring better clarity and focus instead of being sluggish.

This maybe quite similar.

 

the key difference would be how many times u eat since almost all who adopt it will be having breakfast, lunch and dinner plus snacks in between all in tht time period.

theres even something called the warrior diet too where u eat within an even shorter timeframe i.e. 4hrs but this seems almost impossible if ur someone who cooks meals from scratch but if u drink a lot of protein shakes/huel stuff and processed foods then its not much of a problem....

remember watching a video testimonial of some singh who did followed this diet for a few weeks and he got gd results by getting leaner and burning fat more quickly within a matters of weeks for a family holiday...

dont know too much about the science behind it but it seems to work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×

Important Information

Terms of Use