Jump to content

Kali on Guru Hargobind sahibs sword


Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Sat1 said:

How do you know he did that. The Hindu texts are thousands of years old.. do you not think they’ve been twisted and changed over time?

 

The narration of his own previous Janam wasn’t made up, so why would he have made up the rest. 

Go to sikhawareness.com and go through all the recent threads covering Charitrio Pakyaan and see for yourself. 

 

Also, where did the moslem characters in Chandhee Ki vaar come from? They aren't in the original.  

 

Dasam bani isn't simple. It shouldn't be interpreted on surface literal levels. It's deep and complex on multiple dimensions. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For Sikhs it is only for decorative reasoning & no significance in any religious way. We do not believe putting any symbols or pictures on anything for the good omen. Our guru sahib jee taught us

Yeah bani has many layers, most people just scratch the surface. Only Brahmgyanis and alike are able dive deep into bani. Its so mystical.   From how I see it, the stories of Indian and Abra

Its just symbolism. Kali is the goddess of war, destroyer of demons and evil, so its no surprise her image was carved onto swords and other weapons. Other deities associated with war were used as well

Posted Images

11 hours ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Like carpenters had the God of woodworking.

I don't know too much about it, but the deity you are talking about, Vishkarma, wasn't the god of woodworking, he was like a god of design/engineering. My guess is that they was some sort of representation of Akal Purakh's designing, architectural creative power? Apparently (according to Indic mythology) he designed the universe, war chariots for devtay, created tools and weapons for devtay.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Vishkarma, wasn't the god of woodworking, he was like a god of design/engineering. My guess is that they was some sort of representation of Akal Purakh's designing, architectural creative power?

There are some Sikhs (even Amritdhari) that observe Vishwakarma Jayanti and do not use/give rest to the tools of their trade for the day. They won't open their workshops/gyms etc. I have always been confused by that and still don't know why they do so.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Khaaik said:

There are some Sikhs (even Amritdhari) that observe Vishwakarma Jayanti and do not use/give rest to the tools of their trade for the day. They won't open their workshops/gyms etc. I have always been confused by that and still don't know why they do so.

My cousin was a builder in the UK and he used to take a day off on Vishwakarma day     He said its bad luck for builders to work on that day lol! 

My Gujarati friend is from a carpenter caste and she worships Vishwakarma, she actually lays tools out and worships them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Flags from Sikh empire

looks like Durga and surya 

lCyZwnY1XEAA4eWH.jpgAdivaraha on Twitter: "Here's the same flag of Sikh Empire ...

 

whose that on the flag?

Sanatan Hindu Sikhism: Hindu Khalsa Flags of 18th-19th Century ...

 

Some devi sitting on a peacock, and then the flag at the back looks like Varaha? but the feminine version ?

gilded by CharmingRamsayBolton

 

imo these flags look really cool ... 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

End of the day we are from the India, so obviously Sikhs were gnna use indian symbols/figures in art that were popular at that time. Devi/Devte are Indian culture used in literature, music, art, dance etc    Sikhs are Indians so used Indian images/symbols. Kali/Durga is the goddess of war so Sikhs used her image on flags and swords ...  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really cool image, its of Maharaja Sher Singh.   Look at their dastars, really long material at the back, while the Akalis are wearing the Dastar bunga.     And then there seems to be some sadhoos at the bottom looking at them passing.    Not a fat person in sight.     If you look carefully on the right side theres someone whose hanging by a rope!

Adivaraha on Twitter: "Contemporary painting of Maharaja Sher ...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

I am not as educated as some of the folks on this forum. So, please excuse my lack of learning. I hope to learn from you.

In reference to image FJ8FJE above (some kind of yogi figure on harmandir sahib wall), it seems that the image may be that of Dushtdaman (the name of Guru Gobind Singh Ji from his past life). 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/13/2021 at 12:43 AM, CKSDKS said:

I am not as educated as some of the folks on this forum. So, please excuse my lack of learning. I hope to learn from you.

In reference to image FJ8FJE above (some kind of yogi figure on harmandir sahib wall), it seems that the image may be that of Dushtdaman (the name of Guru Gobind Singh Ji from his past life). 

Yea that is quite likely

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing wrong in my opinion.

I have a statue of Shiva and Buddha but I don't worship them or perform any rituals. I just like the artwork and symbolism. The power of Shiva and tranquility of Buddha.

No different than having a statue of a Greek or Egyptian god.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

There's nothing wrong in my opinion.

I have a statue of Shiva and Buddha but I don't worship them or perform any rituals. I just like the artwork and symbolism. The power of Shiva and tranquility of Buddha.

No different than having a statue of a Greek or Egyptian god.

It is different if you believe in them and do mantras in their honour. Having them on flags and on swords is a good omen  not just decorative art.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, S1ngh said:

For Sikhs it is only for decorative reasoning & no significance in any religious way. We do not believe putting any symbols or pictures on anything for the good omen. Our guru sahib jee taught us to be away from such Andhvishvaas.

https://qr.ae/pGNmjM

Here is something that suggests otherwise. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use