Can Sikhs be friendly with Muslims?

Big_Tera

21 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They remind me of Jews in a way. 

They can't have descended from Kshatriyas! That's madness. 

i read about this a while back. 

Khatri actually means mixed caste. It was when like the 2nd or 3rd sons of the kshatris married lower caste people or something like that. 

I have forgotten the source but it basically said that khatri is not the same as kshatri. 

Imagine they are Jews tho. Long ago they settled in india and started this class. And most of them come from pakistaan. And look similar to the afghani sikhis. So could be a strain off of the jewish branch that coverted first to hinduism then sikhi

22 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

They remind me of Jews in a way. 

They can't have descended from Kshatriyas! That's madness. 

?         khatris are descendants Kshatriyas, like Rajputs are.

they do have the typical physical characteristics of higher castes.  They have the pale skin, sharp features, iv seen many with light eyes and lights hair/beards etc   i dnt think iv ever seen a dark skinned one         i doubt they mixed much with other castes  

bhamans who rarely mixed with castes have similar characteristics as well   

they are short though! 

11 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Wait a minute, I think there's some crossed wires here. Are we talking about the same Sikhs who live in places like Delhi? Their turban style is quite blunt? They aren't pale skinned at all. I think I'm thinking of another group.

they look like this

Men who sneaked Afghan asylum seekers into Britain jailed | Daily ...Delhi Sikh Gurdwara election preparations at Karampura - YouTubeZia Awan on Twitter: "Wow, Masha Allah.. handsome men.… "Glare and galore at Baisakhi festival - Pakistan - DAWN.COMWhat are Pakistanis views on Sikhs? - Quora

9 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

really pretty

Lol   I did say despite the inbreeding they still produce some gd looking women ?         jattis ain't bad either ?

But yh they probabaly do have more  money    they all drive around in Range rovers and Mercedes 

3 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Lol   I did say despite the inbreeding they still produce some gd looking women ?         jattis ain't bad either ?

But yh they probabaly do have more  money    they all drive around in Range rovers and Mercedes 

you sure about interbreeding? are we talking likes of Pakistanis or distant 

3 hours ago, puzzled said:

?         khatris are descendants Kshatriyas, like Rajputs are.

they do have the typical physical characteristics of higher castes.  They have the pale skin, sharp features, iv seen many with light eyes and lights hair/beards etc   i dnt think iv ever seen a dark skinned one         i doubt they mixed much with other castes  

bhamans who rarely mixed with castes have similar characteristics as well   

they are short though! 

Punjabi Khatris are indeed the closest descendants of the ancient kshatriyas. Guru Nanak Dev ji has written Khatrian ta dharam chodia, malech bhakhia gahi which roughly means the Khatris have left their Dharm of being warriors and instead adopted the manners and language of the Malech. They have adopted shop keeping as their profession. Guru Gobind Singh ji has also said Khatri ko poot ho bahmn ko neh(I am the son of a Khatri/Kshatriya not of a Brahman)

When Khatris were proper Kshatriyas they probably ate the diet of a Kshatriya which gave them the height and strong build that they needed to fight wars. But since they adopted shop keeping as their profession their diet changed.  They were no longer physically active since now they were behind the counter of their shop. They became shorter and shorter with every passing generation.

The Sanskrit sh sound turns into kh sound in Punjabi. For example:

Kshatri = Khatri

Dhanush = Dhanukh (bow)

Rishi = Rikhi