Sign in to follow this  
Guest Mani

Boy Names

Guest Mani

WJKK WJKF

Waheghru 🙏🏽 Has blessed my wife and I with a son. However we are very stuck on names. 
we would like a short meaningful name. Currently really like: Ajeet, Zora, Deep. Any other suggestions ??

Guest Jigsaw_Puzzled_Singh
On 5/19/2020 at 2:55 PM, Guest Mani said:

WJKK WJKF

Waheghru 🙏🏽 Has blessed my wife and I with a son. However we are very stuck on names. 
we would like a short meaningful name. Currently really like: Ajeet, Zora, Deep. Any other suggestions ??

Congratulations to both of you. Hope he grows up to be healthy, good, strong and true.

As for name suggestions, you need to tell us where you live so we can give appropriate ideas. If it's Canada, you'll probably have to choose something like Gavin, Steve, Dave or Nathan to fir in with all the other Sikhs.

Guest Guest Singh

In case the Hukamnana starts with ਬb, Baaj Singh is good. As we know, Guru Gobind Singh ji kept a Baaj, and also Bhai Baaj Singh ji were a great warrior from our history who took khande di pahul from Guru Gobind Singh ji. They accompanied Baba Banda Singh Bahadur on the Punjab campaign. Besides it just sounds nice and tough lol.

Hari Singh

Amar Singh 

Krishan/Kishan Singh 

Veer Singh

Jaggat Singh 

Guest SinghG

Follow sikh maryada.. take hukamnama first at your local gurdwara and then ask suggestions for the names with the akhar you got from the granthi singh.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Topics

• There are so many questions regarding Sikh Maryada, but don’t know who to ask. It’s very difficult living abroad and no one to approach when you want to ask something. I have seen contact numbers at the end of videos of some very well known kathavachaks and kirtaniyes in the past but never bothered to note them down anywhere. It is difficult.
    • I'm interested to know why they do havan too? People have been using fire in worship for 1000s of years, Native Americans, Zoroastrians, Pagans, Vedic traditions.  Wouldn't be surprised if the cave people, who used to light fires with stones, whatever their beliefs were probably used fire too.   As the only Singh in my family i get parents, uncles/aunts, cousins, neighbors asking me these of questions all the time! how the hell am i supposed to know! it's as if i all a sudden became an encyclopedia on Sikhi and have the answers for everything. A lady family friend came around once and asked me why people use instruments in Nagar kirtans?  "i don't know"   why do Sikhs in India do prabhat pheri? "i don't know"   one i get asked often is why nihungs cut goats heads off "i don't know". My cousin came around yesterday and asked me "oh why did that nihung cut the police mans hand off"   "i don't know" ! The worst is when some Singh does something stupid and theres a video being passed around, they all send me the video or ask me about it as if i have an answer or explanation for the stupidity, its as if your being held responsible for it!    Even the ancient North Indian festival of Lohri has a fire in the center of it. I read how in the Vedic period they used to do fire sacrifices with horses! how barbaric is that!   
    • I think you’d be better off asking Giani Thakur Singh Ji @Khaaik at the end of his youtube video on this bani. I have seen their contact number in many older videos but can’t remember exactly which ones though.
    • Do you mean the Ascending Masters by any chance?
    • How, where and when did your baba Ji meet Sant Ji? Was he young himself when he first met him?  It would be so nice to know his experiences with Sant Ji. 

Important Information

Terms of Use