Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
genie

What would an ideal but realiestic society look like?

Recommended Posts

So when people talk about we should have this and that in society and less of that how should society be geared in your ideal world if you could in-vision it and being realistic about it without having delusions that we can have everything perfectly.

For me the ideal society would include:

  • Free housing with land to grow own food
  • Free health care
  • Free education up to university level
  • Rights to bare arms
  • Minimum tax
  • No budget spent on useless foreign wars for the interests of bankers and elites
  • Universal basic income as a minimum for a person to survive in the state

It can also apply to people wanting Khalistan what would we gain from khalistan that our people are not getting at the moment in indian union.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the UK is ideal  no?   its not perfect but still better than most countries in the world.  More sun would be great though 

We can live how we want here. But the whole pc culture is getting really annoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would  Sikh country/society be governed by Akal Takht?  Why don't we hear much from Akal Takht or decisions and social issues? or do we?    

Isn't Sikhi and politics supposed to be completely intertwined? what is Sikh politics?   you read about how in the old days Akal Takht used to summon punishments and even excommunicate people, it seems Akal Takht held a very prominent position historically but now?

for example in Islamic countries muslims face consequences if they break Islamic law, is that how Akal Takht is supposed to work? because it seem that is how it was with Sikh back in the days. 

If a Sikh did anything "blasphemous" would he/she be punished in a Sikh country?   

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

I think the UK is ideal  no?   its not perfect but still better than most countries in the world.  More sun would be great though 

We can live how we want here. But the whole pc culture is getting really annoying

UK is far from ideal its alot better than alot of places in the world but we can make a better society being realistic without thinking everything can come for free.

So for example I listed the things which are possible above in my first post where the state can give everyone free houses or housing without anyone having to pay rent or mortgage and be homeless. If the state's benefactors the elites wanted to, they could easily release the capital necessary to make sure those who live in that nation be at least have the basic minimum for a person to survive in society so that they have no excuse to do crime such as drugs, prostitution, money laundering, robberies,etc,etc

And yes political correctness culture has gone too far and is annoying now, it should not override truth culture. If we see a certain community doing xyz crime on consistent basis we should be allowed to call out that community without getting labelled as the ones in the wrong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

Would  Sikh country/society be governed by Akal Takht?  Why don't we hear much from Akal Takht or decisions and social issues? or do we?    

Isn't Sikhi and politics supposed to be completely intertwined? what is Sikh politics?   you read about how in the old days Akal Takht used to summon punishments and even excommunicate people, it seems Akal Takht held a very prominent position historically but now?

for example in Islamic countries muslims face consequences if they break Islamic law, is that how Akal Takht is supposed to work? because it seem that is how it was with Sikh back in the days. 

If a Sikh did anything "blasphemous" would he/she be punished in a Sikh country?   

 

If we could buy our own island and create our own state nation then it would be governed by a national parliament which can be overridden by the supreme religious authority which probably wouldn't be akal takht right now it would be another power structure that isn't in control of a foreign entity. Until akal takht and its jathedhar is not free from sgpc indian foreign control then its haukam rulings on Sikh religious and political affairs can't be trusted and ignored/ wont be followed as is the case these days.

Legislation would probably be drawn up by constituency elected parliamentarians or sarbat khalsa panthic committee members.

Lets imagine for a few minutes that in 1947 Sikh leaders had got their act together and united to create khalistan. In that khalistan they would have had to have implemented a democratic type system for the british rulers to have accepted it before withdrawing from the indian subcontinent. The chances that a pure Sikh theocratic state would have emerged would have been quite slim as most of the ruling elite within Sikh circles would have broke away and formed their own little kingdoms or joined the indian union, if they were not able to get power/status or secure their wealth in the new Sikh state. So most likely a more multicultural pluralistic Sikh state would have probably emerged though with strong emphasis of it being a Sikh nation.

As for consequences of breaking Sikh law that would probably have been similar to what it was doing Sikh raj days. So for baptized khalsa Sikhs if they did major sins it would have been punishments of severity in accordance to gurmat and khalsa code of conduct. For Sikhs and non-sikhs alike national legislation's would apply which would get passed in parliament.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, puzzled said:

Would  Sikh country/society be governed by Akal Takht?  Why don't we hear much from Akal Takht or decisions and social issues? or do we?    

Isn't Sikhi and politics supposed to be completely intertwined? what is Sikh politics?   you read about how in the old days Akal Takht used to summon punishments and even excommunicate people, it seems Akal Takht held a very prominent position historically but now?

for example in Islamic countries muslims face consequences if they break Islamic law, is that how Akal Takht is supposed to work? because it seem that is how it was with Sikh back in the days. 

If a Sikh did anything "blasphemous" would he/she be punished in a Sikh country?   

 

Who finalizes and makes decisions at the akal takht? Is it SGPC?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, genie said:

So when people talk about we should have this and that in society and less of that how should society be geared in your ideal world if you could in-vision it and being realistic about it without having delusions that we can have everything perfectly.

For me the ideal society would include:

  • Free housing with land to grow own food
  • Free health care
  • Free education up to university level
  • Rights to bare arms
  • Minimum tax
  • No budget spent on useless foreign wars for the interests of bankers and elites
  • Universal basic income as a minimum for a person to survive in the state

It can also apply to people wanting Khalistan what would we gain from khalistan that our people are not getting at the moment in indian union.

 

Amen to all that veer ji. Well put. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, puzzled said:

think the UK is ideal  no?   its not perfect but still better than most countries in the world. 

UK is capitalist.

Capitalism is very very bad.

We need another system.

Worker cooperatives r a good option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One question, the answer to which will tell me if we possess the intelligence to manage our own nation:

Are we going to have a Central Bank?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

UK is capitalist.

Capitalism is very very bad.

We need another system.

Worker cooperatives r a good option.

Are you vouching for a socialist system?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

One question, the answer to which will tell me if we possess the intelligence to manage our own nation:

Are we going to have a Central Bank?

Yes, one that can be controlled by a particular Sanyiara family 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

Are you vouching for a socialist system?

Worker cooperatives r closer to capitalism than socialism.

in capitalism, there is so much economic inequality.

In an ideal society, economic inequality shud be very very less.

In capitalism, the super rich elite control the politicians and their policies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In communism/ socialism, the govt. gets too much power and misuses its power.

In Khalsa Raaj, the Punj Pyare will be the head of the govt. and they won't misuse their power because they will be imbued with Naam/Gurbani.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shastarSingh said:

In communism/ socialism, the govt. gets too much power and misuses its power.

In Khalsa Raaj, the Punj Pyare will be the head of the govt. and they won't misuse their power because they will be imbued with Naam/Gurbani.

What will happen if one or more of the Punj are recruited for subversion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

What will happen if one or more of the Punj are recruited for subversion?

good point.

sangat will select punj Pyare.

punj Pyare will select head of the sikh nation from the sangat.

the head of the sikh nation will always hv punj Pyare for advice.

punj Pyare will always be there to advice the head and if needed will hv the power to completely overturn the decision.

No system is 100%.

We will hv to believe in the akaal jyot which works thru 5 rehitvaan Gursikhs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use