Durga and Kali worshipping nihangs. what the heck is going on ?

10 hours ago, Akalifauj said:

This poster also is on sikhawareness.com.   if you want to know his true views go check it out there.  After reading his post you will instantly keep away from him.

Not sure if u were referring to me or the OP, but if it's me, then ur confusing me with someone else. This is the only forum i post on occasionally.

57 minutes ago, jassa said:

First of all hindus dont worship durga shatriyas do. Secondly Sikhs worship durga as Guru Gobind Singh jee clearly wrote her as "nij wazir" (personal minister) of akal purakh. The only one standing at the door of akalpurkh.
People who worship durga as an idol or image or kirpan or devi or whatever are as confused as people who think they are not worshiping her yet start ardas with "prithme bhagauti simar ke"

1. So durga is not a devi (or kirpan, as many of us have come to understand) ) according to Dasam Bani ? or this is the case according to hindu literature?

2. where does this place us within sanatan dharm then?

3. what about chandi? is she also not a devi or kirpan, but another form of durga?

Genuine questions because I really do want to understand where Sikhi fits in.

37 minutes ago, Jai Tegang! said:

1. So durga is not a devi (or kirpan, as many of us have come to understand) ) according to Dasam Bani ? or this is the case according to hindu literature?

2. where does this place us within sanatan dharm then?

3. what about chandi? is she also not a devi or kirpan, but another form of durga?

Genuine questions because I really do want to understand where Sikhi fits in.

I think devte names are used in a variety of situations for different purposes but never to indicate they should be worshipped in place of Vaheguru.