Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
puzzled

What happens after death?

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

What happens to all of the atheists in Western Europe whose countries we are desperate to immigrate to?

What do you mean, bro?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What happens to anyone? What happens to people who have never been introduced to God or Naam? why should they be punished for their atheism if God never introduced them to himself.

No one will ever know.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, puzzled said:

What happens to anyone? What happens to people who have never been introduced to God or Naam? why should they be punished for their atheism if God never introduced them to himself.

No one will ever know.  

Does Sikhi say they are punished? I'm asking straight up, I don't recall the answer either way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Does Sikhi say they are punished? I'm asking straight up, I don't recall the answer either way.

I don't know, that's y I'm asking lol 

it would would be a bit unfair if people who have never been introduced God or naam to be punished! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I don't know, that's y I'm asking lol 

it would would be a bit unfair if people who have never been introduced God or naam to be punished! 

I'd imagine there's a few possible answers someone determined to justify and relish the damnation of others (😀) could proffer:

1. What's stopping such people from searching for their salvation? It might be argued the modern internet age has made available knowledge, philosophies and spiritual paths that were previously hidden from only but the students and enthusiasts of these schools of thought. If someone still chooses to remain in their comfort zone and languishing under ignorance, that's their apathy that's preventing them from seeking out something that is immediately available to them.

2. If we believe in reincarnation and that each subsequent janam is a potential step closer to the ultimate goal of merging with the One, then it's something that's going to happen when it's supposed to, and not any earlier. Usually, I think there's lifetimes of learning, pain, lessons, and experiencing atheism, Christianity, Islam, Rastafarianism, etc., lol, before the soul absorbs the necessary critical information required to reach a particular lifetime that's the so-called special janam where everything comes together. We as Sikhs believe that's Sikhi janam. Who knows how many lifetimes we've laboured under other faiths before arriving at this particular stage? 

There's Sikhs who squander their Sikhi janam while non-Sikhs enter the world as something else and end up finding Sikhi. It's karams IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'd imagine there's a few possible answers someone determined to justify and relish the damnation of others (😀) could proffer:

1. What's stopping such people from searching for their salvation? It might be argued the modern internet age has made available knowledge, philosophies and spiritual paths that were previously hidden from only but the students and enthusiasts of these schools of thought. If someone still chooses to remain in their comfort zone and languishing under ignorance, that's their apathy that's preventing them from seeking out something that is immediately available to them.

2. If we believe in reincarnation and that each subsequent janam is a potential step closer to the ultimate goal of merging with the One, then it's something that's going to happen when it's supposed to, and not any earlier. Usually, I think there's lifetimes of learning, pain, lessons, and experiencing atheism, Christianity, Islam, Rastafarianism, etc., lol, before the soul absorbs the necessary critical information required to reach a particular lifetime that's the so-called special janam where everything comes together. We as Sikhs believe that's Sikhi janam. Who knows how many lifetimes we've laboured under other faiths before arriving at this particular stage? 

There's Sikhs who squander their Sikhi janam while non-Sikhs enter the world as something else and end up finding Sikhi. It's karams IMO.

I think it all comes down to karam, if God gets u to acknowledge him then you acknowledge him, otherwise you don't. 

I mean there are people born into Sikh families who are mentally not well or have a learning disability and can not understand what God is, yet they are still born into Sikhi. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MisterrSingh said:

I'd imagine there's a few possible answers someone determined to justify and relish the damnation of others (😀) could proffer:

1. What's stopping such people from searching for their salvation? It might be argued the modern internet age has made available knowledge, philosophies and spiritual paths that were previously hidden from only but the students and enthusiasts of these schools of thought. If someone still chooses to remain in their comfort zone and languishing under ignorance, that's their apathy that's preventing them from seeking out something that is immediately available to them.

2. If we believe in reincarnation and that each subsequent janam is a potential step closer to the ultimate goal of merging with the One, then it's something that's going to happen when it's supposed to, and not any earlier. Usually, I think there's lifetimes of learning, pain, lessons, and experiencing atheism, Christianity, Islam, Rastafarianism, etc., lol, before the soul absorbs the necessary critical information required to reach a particular lifetime that's the so-called special janam where everything comes together. We as Sikhs believe that's Sikhi janam. Who knows how many lifetimes we've laboured under other faiths before arriving at this particular stage? 

There's Sikhs who squander their Sikhi janam while non-Sikhs enter the world as something else and end up finding Sikhi. It's karams IMO.

So Sikhi is the only path to salvation?

There are 7.8 Billion people in the world and Sikhs are just 30 million. So those other 7.77 Billion have to be reincarnated as Sikhs to end the cycle of rebirth? And that is just human lives. If you include animals and insects it is even more.

It would take a ridiculously long time for every person to have the chance to be born a Sikh. In fact the world would probably have ended by that time.

What about prehistoric animals like Dinosaurs that were around hundreds of millions of years before humans, what was happening to their souls? Were they waiting for humans to be created? Modern humans have only been around 200,000 years and ones that are like us just around 30,000.

What happens to the soul of a mentally disabled person born into an Amritdhari family, who has no possibility to understand Sikhi or God? He has waited all of this time to be born into a Sikh family but cannot do anything now because he is disabled.

These are things I often wonder about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

These are things I often wonder about.

Same here. I won't pretend I have any of the answers. Just possibilities and theories and personal belief. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Lostandmessedup said:

like a next episode of a tv program.

That's one way of putting it 😆

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

So Sikhi is the only path to salvation?

There are 7.8 Billion people in the world and Sikhs are just 30 million. So those other 7.77 Billion have to be reincarnated as Sikhs to end the cycle of rebirth? And that is just human lives. If you include animals and insects it is even more.

It would take a ridiculously long time for every person to have the chance to be born a Sikh. In fact the world would probably have ended by that time.

What about prehistoric animals like Dinosaurs that were around hundreds of millions of years before humans, what was happening to their souls? Were they waiting for humans to be created? Modern humans have only been around 200,000 years and ones that are like us just around 30,000.

What happens to the soul of a mentally disabled person born into an Amritdhari family, who has no possibility to understand Sikhi or God? He has waited all of this time to be born into a Sikh family but cannot do anything now because he is disabled.

These are things I often wonder about.

Yeah but you have to remember that humans existed in other yugs as well which go 100s of millions of years before the existence of the first modern humans. Though obviously science does not believe in the previous yugs.

I think Satyug was like 400 million years ago?  So humans as well as devte and celestial kings walked the earth all the thoae years ago, dinosaurs fit somewhere in the picture. 

Our souls have been travelling through the yugs I think. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah but you have to remember that humans existed in other yugs as well which go 100s of millions of years before the existence of the first modern humans. Though obviously science does not believe in the previous yugs.

I think Satyug was like 400 million years ago?  So humans as well as devte and celestial kings walked the earth all the thoae years ago, dinosaurs fit somewhere in the picture. 

Our souls have been travelling through the yugs I think. 

The scientific evidence clearly doesn't support this. In fact humans have only been farming for 12,000 years. So settlements are only that long. Before that we were just hunter gatherers with no civilisation. Hinduism whixh first mentioned the yugs is only around 6000 years old.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ChardikalaUK said:

The scientific evidence clearly doesn't support this. In fact humans have only been farming for 12,000 years. So settlements are only that long. Before that we were just hunter gatherers with no civilisation. Hinduism whixh first mentioned the yugs is only around 6000 years old.

Human Civilisation is older than 12000 years old.

Every ancient civilisation talks of an earlier civilisation before the ice age. There was a flood that took place when the ice melted. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt


  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Depends on what type of beings they are, and how you define 'advanced.'
    • Chhatt (Roof) ? Feels natural to say Shhatt sounds more right than Chhatt Also  Phapha and Fafa.......most Phapha i hear pronounce as 'fafa'..l Phal - (Fruit) always said Fhaul and Phull (Flower) - as Fhull .....  
    • Same feels so unnatural too..but i'v been saying it repeatedly, then later when i test myself still manage to say 'Ssh'...but getting used to saying' chh' However what feels wrong is 'Chhatt' - Roof...'Shhatt sounds right not Chhatt.. Idk about dialect, because when you say 'CHH' you're  bringing your tounge top of the palate and lot more breathe then SHH. my mum is firm its always been 'sha' ...listening to Paath, some audio sounds like 'Chh' others 'sha' What about Phapha and Fafa.......most Phapha i hear pronounce as 'fafa'..like  Phal - (Fruit( always said Fhaul and Phull (Flower) - as Fhull   
    • Hindutva Hindus have become very Hankaari and drunk with power to the point where they are forcing their religion on others. The BJP gov IN UP under Yogi is now trying to force  Madrasas to teach the Gita and Ramayan.  Sikhs are now being demonized in their propaganda war along with good hearted Hindus who they term as Urban Naxals. 
    • But I think that's the direction they're heading. They're probably going to become like those angry militant feminist mobs, and start protesting outside Gurdware asking for changes, the BBC and similar media will be the first ones there to cover it.  Its already happened to all the other religions. There are reform Churches, synagogues etc   These people don't stop till they get what they want, they use leftist media to back them.  They're already getting together!  and these Sikhs have a big Sikh following!   
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use