Sign in to follow this  
Dsinghdp

The British and the Sikhs

The British and Sikhs have a long history together.

British historians studying Sikhi and writing it in their books.

The 2 Anglo-Sikh wars and annexation of Punjab. And the prince Dalip Singh sent to Britain.

They recruited Sikhs in both world wars.

Mass Sikh migration in the 60s and 70s. Facing a lot of racism but now are accepted all over. A strong 500,000 community.

Now we are shown across the media.

This is all thanks to the Queen unlike the government.

• Haha 1

You never know when things could turn you know!

tension seems to be rising beneath the surface ...

Black dance group Diversity did a performance about Black lives matter on Britains got talent and the show received over 20,000 complaints. 

Media is shoving a lot of bame people on tv, a bit too many!  its as if they are trying to trigger a reaction from White folks. 

Should they stop singing "rule britannia" because Black youth don't relate to it was a topic on a morning show! Imagine how White people watching the show felt about that! 

• Like 1

How the Whites in power see us is different to how they see Whites. It's always been like that. In the news some White politician said that ethnic minorities are breaking "rules" and spreading the virus, 100s of comments below the article were agreeing with this politician. But at the same time 1000s of White people were laying naked on beaches like walruses. So who was breaking the rules? 

They will always blame us.

HIV/AIDs was  created by white people in a lab and then they blamed Black people for its spread. White people created it and then spread it in Africa resulting in the deaths of millions. 

• Like 2

How ethnic minorities are being blamed for breaking rules and spreading the virus reminds me of a movie! Think it was called something like children of men. The movie was set in the UK and a massive virus has spread and the authorities are rounding all refugees/migrants up and making them live in ghettos surrounded by barbed wire. 

Yeah I know its just a movie but you never know what these people will do lol! 

• Like 1

I think Sikhs are seen in a better light generally amongst foray in UK than in India where a lot seem to think we are ‘thick’ or clowns 

do educated types in India think the same as well ?

13 hours ago, puzzled said:

How ethnic minorities are being blamed for breaking rules and spreading the virus reminds me of a movie! Think it was called something like children of men. The movie was set in the UK and a massive virus has spread and the authorities are rounding all refugees/migrants up and making them live in ghettos surrounded by barbed wire. 

To be fair, some of the local lockdowns are occurring in areas where there is more ethnic diversity.  But it seems to be one particular ethnicity that seems to be prevalent in this when you look at the areas.

You should be aware, they make up 25 percent of your town. 

I know of those chicken and "chaiwala " places on a particular road where no social distancing is being followed.

Can you guess where it is yet? 😉

28 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

To be fair, some of the local lockdowns are occurring in areas where there is more ethnic diversity.  But it seems to be one particular ethnicity that seems to be prevalent in this when you look at the areas.

You should be aware, they make up 25 percent of your town. 

I know of those chicken and "chaiwala " places on a particular road where no social distancing is being followed.

Can you guess where it is yet? 😉

Farnham road? lol 

Yeah but how is that different to what's happening in White areas, In pubs, on beaches or any other place that they throng.

Ethnic minorities live in densely populated places so that might be the reason. 

16 hours ago, Dsinghdp said:

This is all thanks to the Queen unlike the government.

tenor.gif?itemid=4814164

What... is this topic? What am I reading?

22 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Farnham road? lol 

Yeah but how is that different to what's happening in White areas, In pubs, on beaches or any other place that they throng.

Ethnic minorities live in densely populated places so that might be the reason. 

Beaches for example are outdoors. And those days in general are less frequent.

The takeaways have been consistently open during lockdown. 

Pubs you have a good point on.

You have to consider that the levels of Diabetes and other chronic illnesses are more prevalent amongst our people than goreh. 

This makes us more vulnerable to Covid.

On 9/24/2020 at 7:19 PM, puzzled said:

Is it surprising when some of the reported areas with high cases include Bradford , Rochdale and Leicester 

25 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Is it surprising when some of the reported areas with high cases include Bradford , Rochdale and Leicester 

large towns and cities will obviously have more cases. Areas that are over 80% Whites like Bolton and Preston are among the areas with the highest cases.