Sign in to follow this  
Premi5

Veganism

1 hour ago, Not2Cool2Argue said:

You should try the satvic diet as promoted by satvic movement youtube channel. Punjabis have big risk of diabetes..

Even more simple, why don't people just cut back on the sugar in their diet and excercise more. 

Get your bloods done before and after and see if there are any changes. 

On 12/11/2020 at 2:19 AM, Not2Cool2Argue said:

Could be due to deficiencies. Start taking iron b12 supplements or any multivitamin.. Also eat quinoa, has complete protein

I started taking well man a few weeks back, that should be Ok shouldn't it ?    

15 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Which tests ?

Insist on the one that shows it all. They get a bit awkward about it for some reason, but don't let them fob you off.

I had a blood test done a year after I became vegetarian at my GP, and everything was normal but I had a slight vitamin D deficiency. This was around 4 years ago now, haven't had one since then though. 

19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

I had a blood test done a year after I became vegetarian at my GP, and everything was normal but I had a slight vitamin D deficiency. This was around 4 years ago now, haven't had one since then though. 

Most people of our ethnic group suffer from Vitamin D deficiency particularly in colder climates. 

Mushrooms are good source of Vitamin D apparently. 

But of course it is no substitute for being outside in the sunshine. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2020 at 10:00 PM, Ranjeet01 said:

Most people of our ethnic group suffer from Vitamin D deficiency particularly in colder climates. 

Mushrooms are good source of Vitamin D apparently. 

But of course it is no substitute for being outside in the sunshine. 

The Vitamin D thing is being overplayed possibly. It was not a big topic 10-15 years ago 

1 hour ago, Premi5 said:

The Vitamin D thing is being overplayed possibly. It was not a big topic 10-15 years ago 

No. Vitamin D plays a big part. It's because we did not know as much 10-15 years ago.

22 hours ago, Ranjeet01 said:

No. Vitamin D plays a big part. It's because we did not know as much 10-15 years ago.

On 12/15/2020 at 6:56 PM, Premi5 said:

It's heavily involved in all cellular processes apparently, and recently has been found to play a major role in our first line 'innate' (as opposed to adaptive) immune system response. It also apparently helps modulate over-reactions by the the adaptive immune system which can be fatal for us (i.e. cytokine storms). 

I think it's been deprioritized for study because goray naturally make it more easier in less sunny climes, so are less likely to have a deficiency.  For all we know it might explain a lot of health issues amongst apnay? Interestingly, even in India (with lots of sun) people can still have a vit D deficiency. Some Nordic countries with low levels of sunlight have been fortifying their foods with Vit D for a while now. 

I've had my levels checked a few times over the years, and when I've worked outside in summers my levels were nice and high. I started taking 1000 iu tablets now. Every other day.

3 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

It's heavily involved in all cellular processes apparently, and recently has been found to play a major role in our first line 'innate' (as opposed to adaptive) immune system response. It also apparently helps modulate over-reactions by the the adaptive immune system which can be fatal for us (i.e. cytokine storms). 

I think it's been deprioritized for study because goray naturally make it more easier in less sunny climes, so are less likely to have a deficiency.  For all we know it might explain a lot of health issues amongst apnay? Interestingly, even in India (with lots of sun) people can still have a vit D deficiency. Some Nordic countries with low levels of sunlight have been fortifying their foods with Vit D for a while now. 

I've had my level levels checked a few times over teh years, and when I've worked outside in summers my levels were nice and high. I started taking 1000 iu tablets now. Every other day.

it is that much of an issue that during the seventies in UK the government considered adding it to chapatti atta  because our lot were suffering so much from the results of low D levels . But because the peeps ate varying numbers of rotian and sizes of roti the dosages would not be adequate or surplus so they scrapped that plan.

I'm not against veganism, just a literal question. How can a person be vegan when consuming parshad.

6 hours ago, Preeet said:

I'm not against veganism, just a literal question. How can a person be vegan when consuming parshad.

that is the only condition that would break a vegan lifestyle but if the cow providing the butter is treated in the khalsa ethics ways and we only take from surplus milk suppply and allow her to keep her calf until weaned , then this would be a much less destructive way of doing parshad .

I'm 99.9% sure that people at the Gurdwara have no idea how cows are tortured in farms. When it comes to making parshad and langar they really should buy the dairy products from places where animals are not tortured. 

Making parshad out of dairy that's been taken from innocent beings that are tortured is not that good tbh.