Can Indians ever get past idolatry

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Society is generally edging towards atheism with each generation going through the western education system and culture. Apart from the religious fringe (of which many of us on this forum are a member

He should do Rakhia de Shabad, Chaupai Sahib, or Kirtan Sohila when that happens

The underlying Indian mentality will never change. They crave the impulse to worship something whatever it may be. They cannot deal with internalising that worship by channelling it towards venerating

19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

In Himachal Pradesh. 

Himachal Pradesh is very beautiful. The highlight of my trip was a monkey turning the tap and then drinking water! it happened right before me lol   he literally bounced onto the ground, turned the tap and then stuck his face under the water and had a drink, lol.  

Love it. Monkey snatched my food in Japan once.  

They'll also have one run up and snatch from a street vendor and if he chases it the other five come clean him out. 

They look all cute and small until they want your food, then suddenly they look much bigger and you realize as they jump from feet away and snatch it..that yes...it is indeed their food. 

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Love it. Monkey snatched my food in Japan once.  

They'll also have one run up and snatch from a street vendor and if he chases it the other five come clean him out. 

They look all cute and small until they want your food, then suddenly they look much bigger and you realize as they jump from feet away and snatch it..that yes...it is indeed their food. 

haha its so true. Initially they look cute, they look like little people lol, with their hands, feet and expressive faces, but when they see food in your hands they go crazy! 

The males and also the females with babies clinging onto them can be quite aggressive! 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, puzzled said:

Yeah fear plays a big part, if you don't serve the tomb then people fear they will face consequences. 

That's why you should stay away from these places and not get involved. Its the same with the Muslim graves.

My mothers brother who lives here in the UK, if he doesn't do tuf or light diva for the jagga on Sundays, he starts seeing a black figure!  So even though the jagga is all the way in India, if he doesn't light a diva and tuf he starts seeing a dark figure in the house here in the UK!   He can't tell if its a man or a woman! one day he was going down to the basement and started seeing flashes of a dark figure on the staircase. But when he lights a diva and tuf he stops seeing the figure.

Its messed up!  

I've told my mother I'm not going to get involved in any of this, lighting divas for it etc     

People should stay away from this stuff. 

Our guru doesn't frighten us like that when we forget him or get lazy, he has subtle ways of reminding us, we just don't have the ears or eyes to notice these subtle reminders. 

These jaggas on the other hand frighten the life out of you!  

haha akaal purakh endows upon us the greatest reminder 

aging

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jkvlondon said:

since he follows Nath sampardya  Guru Nanak Dev ji already had charcha with Gorakh Nath so it is all irrelevant to us since they had to be corrected by Guru ji .

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_gurus/guru_nanak_gorakhmata.html

Thanks.

You replied 2 hours ago but I got a notification for your comment just 8 mins ago!   odd. 

Ok I just remembered its because of the link. 

On 4/21/2021 at 10:58 PM, shastarSingh said:

Hindus r idolaters not only in physical world but also in spiritual world. Watch this

Bhai Sahib Randhir Singh ji has written that if a sikh, while japping naam imagines a painting or photo of Guru Sahib in his mind, he is also doing idolatry.

Hindu swami teaching idolatry during meditation saying it is 1000 times more powerful than mere chanting of lords name as a picture is worth 1000 words.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

I've done the bowing in front of a tree in India lol, I thought what the hell is this. Sikhs in the UK are more orthodox.

India is a Hindu majority country and Hinduism will always impact Sikhi due to this.

When I was very small I became so ill my mother feared I wouldn't survive. After exhausting options with doctors and hospitals she was told of a spiritual healer. This woman told her to go round a particular tree so many times after which I got better. 

This is the power of energy that we are only just beginning to understand. 

It is said that the peepul tree emits oxygen throughout the day so is used to induce healing. 

• Haha 2