Why are Sikh women always blamed for converting when Sikh men also do it

Guest Guest121

43 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I hear people make these statements against Sikhs, but why don't they do this logic with Christians and Muslims, they have more than us, we barely have our own Gurdwaras.

Maybe a by-product of our comparatively more successful attempts at getting on with outsiders, which is then taken too far by our women folk who assume the next logical step is to marry them! ?

3 minutes ago, MisterrSingh said:

Maybe a by-product of our comparatively more successful attempts at getting on with outsiders, which is then taken too far by our women folk who assume the next logical step is to marry them! ?

I don’t want to sound sexist, but I don’t think it’s the same when a Singh marries an outsider compared to a Kaur. ? 

55 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

I don’t want to sound sexist, but I don’t think it’s the same when a Singh marries an outsider compared to a Kaur. ? 

It's not sexist. The Sikh male, if he's interested in perpetuating his culture and religion, has the ability to create and raise more like himself. The Sikh woman, 99% of the time, has to raise children of her man's background unless she's found a total pyjama to dominate. Even in the first instance, I see too many Sikh guys getting with non-Sikh women, and raising completely secular kids almost as if they're trying to placate the woman without her prompting. Sikhs guys AND girls are the first to jettison their beliefs in a mixed relationship. I guess it goes back to that thing I was saying about foundations not having had time to take hold.

4 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

Sikhs guys AND girls are the first to jettison their beliefs in a mixed relationship. I guess it goes back to that thing I was saying about foundations not having had time to take hold.

The Christians and Muslims seem more successful at it though? A lot of wrong Prachar within our panth. 

37 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

The Christians and Muslims seem more successful at it though? A lot of wrong Prachar within our panth. 

The knock-on consequences (in terms of social and familial ostracisation, etc) are comparably severe for practising Christians and Muslims, but even then it's not like it use to be for them. Ironically, I actually think it's the Punjabis who aren't necessarily super-religous BUT are still quite rigid about issues of race, caste, and enforcing cultural traditions who are the ones that tend to ensure certain norms are carried forward from generation to generation, marrying out of race being one of the major non-negotiable things on which they don't compromise.

For example, I know a few families of Punjabi moneh whose elders served in the Indian military back in the day, and their sons' households are run like tight ships. The men rule the roost, knowing exactly the comings and goings in their home; the women know their place and don't dominate the overall "energy" of the family; the kids are fairly well educated with respectable jobs, and the families themselves generally get on with things without succumbing to the excesses of Western living.

On the other hand there's people who we'd consider religious who blast Punjabi rap music in the evenings; loaf around until the early hours in their expensive cars, and talk about marrying goriyah and turning them into Singhniya.

There's so many grades of people on the overall spectrum, it's really difficult to specify particulars like it once was decades earlier. The community has fragmented to a certain degree, and everyone's doing their own thing, which makes it tougher to generalise about habits.

5 hours ago, MisterrSingh said:

It's not sexist. The Sikh male, if he's interested in perpetuating his culture and religion, has the ability to create and raise more like himself. The Sikh woman, 99% of the time, has to raise children of her man's background unless she's found a total pyjama to dominate. Even in the first instance, I see too many Sikh guys getting with non-Sikh women, and raising completely secular kids almost as if they're trying to placate the woman without her prompting. Sikhs guys AND girls are the first to jettison their beliefs in a mixed relationship. I guess it goes back to that thing I was saying about foundations not having had time to take hold.

yup our lot will shed sikhi in a second for someone from a different religion and i dont know why? Probably brainwashed by the romatic love bs that they are surrounded by and also becasue they are minority of minority and think that unless they change themselves the other person will just find someone else.