Why our freedom movement died out?

shastarSingh

26 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

Our characters hv gone down greatly. Power is the biggest nashaaa. Even if we hv our own state right now, it will be a corrupt state.

That's what hurts the most. Given our current characteristics, even if we got it, it's be the most adharamic place going.

Anyone with a conscience, will feel ashamed at things going on. People will be using Gurdwara funds like Badal family. Only Waheguru knows how they'd treat Mazhbhis....I don't even want to think about it.

Benti bhai ji. If you ever find the Gurmukhi text of Parchian Sewa Das please share. I think it is only a small text. I've not been able to find it for years, you might be in a position to, or someone you know might have it?     

47 minutes ago, Rajasthani said:

They dont treat us that much Bad Brother.. At least here in Rajasthan I Dont know Anyone who do that (1 million sikhs ) I have not met anyone

There are good numbers  of Tarkhans / mazhabi/lobahana  sikh Granthis in Gurdwaras 

I don't know about rajastan, but I know how they treat them in panjab. Juts are weirdos like that too. They'll be asr5elicking friendly to outsiders and another thing internally. That probably explains the rajastani thing. 

7 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

This article is 23 odd years old, and critically analyses the movement. When I look at K'stanis, they don't seem to have any reflective capabilities and seem stuck in some rut of self-aggrandisement, using all the old tools like dhadhi, and hyperbolic speeches. This appeals to mainly illiterate or semi illiterate pendus. This loud, brash approach actually puts certain people off. We could actually learn from those afghans in this respect, they just quietly did what they had to, no fanfare, singing and dancing like juts (well they probably danced with some boys but that's a different matter). 

When you'd talk to K'stanis they'd say stuff like: We'll get it and then sort everything out. That was hardly inspiring. As the article says, I don't think there was anyone articulate with charisma to guide the movement. A lot of them seemed hardcore casteists too. In hindsight, I'm not surprised it failed.  

634425170_mahmoodkstanextract2.png.84d8e30e23dc0f9a8cdd019ea6440613.png

This analysis echos what I've also felt: We were "not quite there yet" in terms of being able to achieve and administer sovreignity. If even sympathetic outsiders can see it, why can't we see our shortcomings? There's no forward path without cold hard reality smacking us straight. 

12 minutes ago, Ranjeet01 said:

The energy is there but it lacks the right direction and the correct application. 

You need tactics and strategy. 

Pendus tend to act first and then think and formulate strategies afterwards. 

But at least they take action. They are not stuck in paralysis by analysis by the highly intelligent non-pendus.

There is another good thing about pendus is that they stay loyal to Punjabi language.

Sometime back i was walking in a park near my house in Ludhiana and a 10 year old bhappaa kid was speaking in Hindi and I told him that he can speak in Punjabi.

He told me that we r Indians and Hindi is our language.