New Punjab CM is first "Sikh" CM with a trimmed beard (and nobody bats an eye)

californiasardar1

12 minutes ago, Kau89r8 said:

Sister, Panjab 'Sikh' politics is such a quagmire of falseness, hypocrisy, casteism, stupidity, greed and bunch of other crap, I try and steer clear of it these days. 

One minute the BJP are some Hindu bogeymen, the next our own 'Sikh' party is in alliance with them....

The 'Sikh' party uses alcohol to buy votes................

You could go on and on. These people are properly third world. 

41 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

Sister, Panjab 'Sikh' politics is such a quagmire of falseness, hypocrisy, casteism, stupidity, greed and bunch of other crap, I try and steer clear of it these days. 

One minute the BJP are some Hindu bogeymen, the next our own 'Sikh' party is in alliance with them....

The 'Sikh' party uses alcohol to buy votes................

You could go on and on. These people are properly third world. 

Agree bro..what you said is like saying sky is not blue grass is not green lol been like that since 47

They will face their karma maybe not it this world but in the next world when they face Waheguru Ji.

• 5 months later...
On 9/30/2021 at 3:03 PM, californiasardar1 said:

Not that long ago, having a "Sikh" CM who wasn't a full keshdhari Sikh would have been a shocking development. Nowadays, it's not even worth mentioning.

Tomorrow, the CM will be a mona with some stubble who wears a pagh in public

The day after, the CM will be a mona without a pagh

Next week, SGPC members will be allowed to trim

Meanwhile, clowns like Deep Sidhu are held up as panthic heros

This is a community in freefall that doesn't have any standards. Degenerate behavior has become so normalized that nobody even notices anymore.

Notice how my prediction came true. The new CM is a mona who wears a pagh in public.

And the saddest thing is that it was such a non-story that nobody even mentioned it. Not that long ago, a mona CM of Punjab (or even a trimmer) would have been a huge story, and people would be writing lots of articles and having lots of discussions about its wider implications for the Sikh community. It just shows the degree to which being a mona has become the norm in Punjab.

Anyway, I expect this to basically be the death knell for the importance of the Singh image in Sikh politics. For example, the Akali Dal will now feel free to stop pretending to be panthic and put forward a bunch of mona candidates.

2 hours ago, ChardikalaUK said:

The Badal's, KPS Gill, Zail Singh were all Keshdhari Sikhs and turned out to be the biggest traitors to the kaum.

What does this have to do with anything?

Read what I wrote in this thread. These people were keshdharis not because they had faith in Sikhi, but because the Sikh community had a certain standard: people in leadership positions HAD to be keshdhari, period. Notice the example I gave of the Patiala royals. The fact that these standards no longer apply reflects a general moral decay and erosion of standards among the Sikh community in general.