How a great amritdhari became a bit mayadhari in his last years

shastarSingh

15 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Bhai Joga Singh was someone who took Amrit from Guru Sahib’s own hands, was always dedicated to Sikhi and would constantly do simran, but for even having one second of ego, he nearly went to a prostitute. 

21 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Yeah, even the best Gursikhs are not equal to Guru Sahib themselves. 

Yes only Guru Sahib has the power and authority to give Naam to human beings.

Even the greatest brahmgyani cannot give Naam to anyone.

24 minutes ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Bhai Joga Singh was someone who took Amrit from Guru Sahib’s own hands, was always dedicated to Sikhi and would constantly do simran, but for even having one second of ego, he nearly went to a prostitute. 

Even the Singhs who gave bedaava to Guru Sahib must hv been good rehitvaan gursikhs but what a grave mistake they made.

But our Guru ji is so great that He forgave the mistake.

I believe hours of Amritvela should overweigh his attachment to money "sin"? Am definitely not saying keeping doing sins then do hours of Paat / seva t be forgiven.

Nothing wrong with advancing in achievements or wanting more. But yeah we should keep our actions in check when we don't get that more / unable to advance. The question is, what was on his mind whilst advancing? Was it greed? Was it just enjoyment? Was it cost of living STILL outweighed income??? 

14 minutes ago, Singh1989 said:

I believe hours of Amritvela should overweigh his attachment to money "sin"? Am definitely not saying keeping doing sins then do hours of Paat / seva t be forgiven.

Nothing wrong with advancing in achievements or wanting more. But yeah we should keep our actions in check when we don't get that more / unable to advance. The question is, what was on his mind whilst advancing? Was it greed? Was it just enjoyment? Was it cost of living STILL outweighed income??? 

I used the word great for this amritdhari in the title of this thread.

He had great amritvelaas and loads of kamayee. He was doing great bhagti but suddenly in his last years got so much interested in Maya when he already had more than enough money.

My point is

Only Guru Sahib is perfect.

Gursikhs can falter.

5 minutes ago, shastarSingh said:

My point is

Only Guru Sahib is perfect.

Gursikhs can falter.

absolutely, we need to be careful when people take the word of those they call gursikhs over the word of the Guru.

There are blind people who justify going against bani or cutting out bani, or criticising puraatan rehit, just because according to these people great gursikhs did the same!

4 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

absolutely, we need to be careful when people take the word of those they call gursikhs over the word of the Guru.

There are people who justify going against bani or cutting out bani, or criticising rehit, just because according to these people great gursikhs did the same!

I hv contact with sikhs from various different organizations.

There is so much distrust and dislike for each other between them, I won't be surprised if they physically attack each other especially if there is some anarchy or disorder in India.

Ideally if there is anarchy in India, Sikhs shud get together and form a sikh state. That's why efforts shud be made NOW to get unity between sikh organizations.

7 hours ago, shastarSingh said:

I hv contact with sikhs from various different organizations.

There is so much distrust and dislike for each other between them, I won't be surprised if they physically attack each other especially if there is some anarchy or disorder in India.

Ideally if there is anarchy in India, Sikhs shud get together and form a sikh state. That's why efforts shud be made NOW to get unity between sikh organizations.

We should be ready to move as a unified Paanth for sure bro. We can debate later. 

If Taksal and the Dals could support each other, I think it could essentially align the rest of the Paanth. The Dals should openly start to stay at various Taksal locations for periods of time then move to the next. 

We should identify divisive issues and label them dead, or agree to disagree if we can't solve them. 

Starting place is respecting the 12 forms of Shabad Guru, Rehit, even if varying, and acceptance of Sarbloh and Dasam Granths. We can quibble about the rest over Langar.  

2 hours ago, Jacfsing2 said:

Is Khalsa a form of Shabad Guru or physical Guru? 

You know I debated writing it that way or not. But I was rushed and why be divisive? Heh. If they've immersed enough in Shabad and let go of Haumai the line dissappears. 

In this instance what is important is we recognize the Gurgradi was passed to the Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the Khalsa Panth.