How can sikhs forget this?

proudkaur21

2 hours ago, proactive said:

The higher caste Punjabi Hindus, the Bahmans, Khatri/Arora and the Bania has always been anti-Sikh and anti-Punjab to the core. Our leadership has failed to recognise that the Punjabi Hindu is deeply split even more so than our people. The Badal Akalis in 1997 by aligning themselves with the BJP which is the party of higher caste Hindu interests gave this section of the Punjabi Hindus a taste of power in Punjab which after 1966 they had never had. Simranjit Singh Mann's Akali Dal had supported the BSP and Kanshi Ram. Now the Badal Akalis after leaving the BJP have aligned with the BSP so it will interesting to see if the BSP made any gains from it. If you read the names of the Hindus who spread the most anti-Sikh vitriol, it will always be a Sharma, Verma, Bhardwaj  etc - all Bahman surnames. 

The problem with our Panthic leadership is that they have never aligned with a section of the Punjabi Hindus with whom we have common interests. The Hindu Dalits and the Hindu agricultural castes. Together these form over 15% of the population of Punjab. The attack of the RW Hindus have been to divide Sikhs by using their narrative that Jat Sikhs have been killing and raping Dalits with impunity in Punjab so as to divide our people.  Even some of our muppets with an agenda also latch on this and have been spreading this BS online. The area where the Hindu Dalits have dominance in Doaba is the place where Dalits are in direct competition with the urban Hindu and not the rural Sikh. These Dalits don't consider themselves Hindus and are anti-Hindutva. They should be our natural allies. We should go back to our anti-Manuvadi origins. 

Here is the typical Punjabi Hindu upper caste trying to demonise the Sikh majority to the rest of India.

Sweet. Let's leave him like that. Kick him in his fat gut. Namaste. 

@proactive - Thanks for your insight, i learn a lot from your posts 

Regardless for our views I think we can agree on one thing, we have our intentions in the right place regarding Punjab and Sikhs. I've learnt alot from your threads posts, that gave insights to issues i never saw in the same light before. Much more knowledge then i learnt to yts, sm posts listening to others. Also new profound love and passion for Punjab and the desire the i want to do something for Punjab in future 

@dallysingh101  @MisterrSingh  

1 hour ago, Kau89r8 said:

@proactive - Thanks for your insight, i learn a lot from your posts 

Regardless for our views I think we can agree on one thing, we have our intentions in the right place regarding Punjab and Sikhs. I've learnt alot from your threads posts, that gave insights to issues i never saw in the same light before. Much more knowledge then i learnt to yts, sm posts listening to others. Also new profound love and passion for Punjab and the desire the i want to do something for Punjab in future 

@dallysingh101  @MisterrSingh  

I think 95% of our problems stem from grossly inadequate economic planning and will, and promoting casteism over anything of substance.

I've said previously, all developed nations have dedicated departments that strategically plan to develop and expand their economy and try to anticipate and dodge potential problems in this dept. - our lot don't. It seems to be a deeply embedded culture of conservatism and endemic corruption.

So no prospects for people, and they just mostly try and run off to a foreign country. Meanwhile the state stays in exactly the same position.     

The main issue is how people think, and thus act. Panjab has had so much going for it, but the above is turning the place into a backwater basket case. Meanwhile places down south are rapidly developing despite not having the advantages or head start Panjabis did.  

21 minutes ago, dallysingh101 said:

I think 95% of our problems stem from grossly inadequate economic planning and will, and promoting casteism over anything of substance.

I've said previously, all developed nations have dedicated departments that strategically plan to develop and expand their economy and try to anticipate and dodge potential problems in this dept. - our lot don't. It seems to be a deeply embedded culture of conservatism and endemic corruption.

So no prospects for people, and they just mostly try and run off to a foreign country. Meanwhile the state stays in exactly the same position.     

The main issue is how people think, and thus act. Panjab has had so much going for it, but the above is turning the place into a backwater basket case. Meanwhile places down south are rapidly developing despite not having the advantages or head start Panjabis did.  

I was on Twitter yesterday where a women was talking about how punjab has been suppressed economically. They dont let us send our produce through our borders but thinge can come and go through Gujarat to pakistan and afghanistan. How is this not all a planning to suppress us economically? We are no saints but they have done everything to suppress us economically. 

2 hours ago, proudkaur21 said:

I was on Twitter yesterday where a women was talking about how punjab has been suppressed economically. They dont let us send our produce through our borders but thinge can come and go through Gujarat to pakistan and afghanistan. How is this not all a planning to suppress us economically? We are no saints but they have done everything to suppress us economically. 

No one is disputing this. Even the diversion of waters is a big factor. Still that doesn't take away from Panjabis needing to develop a robust, diverse economy, part of which is to subvert these very schemes against us. No one will do this for us. 

But also, I think too many apnay have this learned helplessness mentality and seem to think external governments (like Delhi) are responsible for securing their future.  If we are getting screwed over from external sources like you are mentioning, how does our own going dog eat dog against each other help. That just makes the issue worse. An example typical apna dumbness in this respect is going all in on caste fissures (as clearly demonstratable through 'Panjabi' music and movie industry) whilst they should be fostering unity and giving people a fair and equal stake in the future.

When under external attack most quoms pull together and try and resist, but hordes of our lot are easily and cheaply 'buyable' and play a part in the machinations against us. We see this globally. Plus it does look like we've become dumbed down and unimaginative back home. They lack creativity and thinking outside of the box skills. 

Those attacks between communities are a socio-political norm. That's what you have to remember.  I'm worried about our lot lazily putting all blame externally, and not facing up to their own shortcomings and how they contribute to the situation, in order to resolve this and come with robust, tactical plans to subvert those inimical to us. They don't even seem to be able to recognise an enemy from a friend right now.