So it begins...true face of AAP in Panjab

Kau89r8

1 hour ago, proactive said:

I agree that Bhagat Singh is propped up the Indian media but you second point I cannot disagree with more, I have never met a mona who justified him being a mona on Bhagat Singh! 

I

Are you serious?

Virtually every mona I have encountered (in real life or online) who attempts to justify being mona will say something like "so-and-so was mona and was a shaheed and KP Gill kept his kesh, so kesh is meaningless" They sometimes cite Bhagat Singh, sometimes other "shaheeds."

Anyway, it's really not difficult to understand why monay prop him up: people want heroes who are like them.

2 hours ago, californiasardar1 said:

Are you serious?

Virtually every mona I have encountered (in real life or online) who attempts to justify being mona will say something like "so-and-so was mona and was a shaheed and KP Gill kept his kesh, so kesh is meaningless" They sometimes cite Bhagat Singh, sometimes other "shaheeds."

Anyway, it's really not difficult to understand why monay prop him up: people want heroes who are like them.

I have heard the excuse of KP Gill but never Bhagat singh.

On 3/22/2022 at 4:40 PM, Suchi said:

Seems that farm laws were supported by the majority of farmers, and the Supreme Court was well aware but did nothing.

Really? Your infographic shows "61 organizations representing 3.3 cr farmers" were for the reforms.

What is that supposed to even mean? 

The fact that the govt got some of their henchmen who happen to be heads of certain organizations to put out press releases does not mean that 3.3 crore farmers were vehemently for these "reforms".

You really think all those farmers evaluated the laws in minute detail?

Meanwhile, at the main stage for the farmers protest you had lawyers and others day in and day out talking about the laws in detail. And the ways that they would end up being traps for farmers (written on purpose in the laws).

The opposition of an informed group means much more than the "membership" in an organization which has been co-opted by the govt.

On 3/23/2022 at 8:53 AM, Suchi said:

AAP is CIA controlled apoarently:

That's actually quite possible. The CIA always tries to maintain links with both ruling and up-and-coming parties. It is always looking to influence countries one way or another. It doesn't care about "stopping corruption in Punjab" or "100 free units of electricity". It just wants whoever's in power to be beholden to it.

On 3/23/2022 at 3:27 PM, californiasardar1 said:

The people of Punjab have consistently voted in bums.

I hate to say it, but by voting for such people, they get what they deserve.

Bro, I'd like to ask you to have a bit more compassion for us. (Yeah, "us" regardless of whether you're in Punjab, Canada, or Malaysia. It's all "us").

The reason is: what kind of fair election can you have when you don't have the right to full free expression? If you say what you'd really like to do when elected, they won't let you enter your election papers. 

Or you can't say what you want in the media.

So it's rigged in that sense from the beginning. What outcome do you think there'd be?

11 hours ago, proactive said:

Kultar Singh Sadhwan the Punjab speaker who incidentally is the grandson of Giani Zail Singh apologised so quickly to the Akal Takht Jathedar after a video of him undergoing a ceremony where a Bahman waved a cow's tail on his turban shows that he understands that excuses that were used before that politicians need to keep all sections of society happy won't wash anymore.

What? They made Zail Singh's grandson the Punjab speaker? That's a deliberate insult. I mean, you can't find one other person be speaker than him?

Also, is the speaker supposed to be a member of the assembly or a nonmember?

Secondly, I have no idea why Sikh politicians think it's necessary to to Bahman stuff to make Hindus happy. I don't actually think Hindus care about that, it's just our politicians are so stupid.

As a Sikh I wouldn't require a Hindu to carry a kirpan or something, I just want him to do the right thing in office.

2 hours ago, BhForce said:

Bro, I'd like to ask you to have a bit more compassion for us. (Yeah, "us" regardless of whether you're in Punjab, Canada, or Malaysia. It's all "us").

The reason is: what kind of fair election can you have when you don't have the right to full free expression? If you say what you'd really like to do when elected, they won't let you enter your election papers. 

Or you can't say what you want in the media.

So it's rigged in that sense from the beginning. What outcome do you think there'd be?

Maybe they should be a little humble, which would make it easier to sympathise with their plight? The arrogance of even absolute 5hits in our community over there is staggering. They write cheques they can't cash, and when someone takes it to them hard, they play victim.

And I don't buy that "muh oppressed" narrative. Oppressed folks don't behave like Punjabis do. They've lost Punjab, anyway. It's a done deal. There's no, "It will happen one day." It's done. The mass exodus of them to the West is the visible result of their defeat. They're abandoning their homeland for the material comforts of the West. They're done.