Stop Gurdas Mann

Singhstah

ps what is lundee buchees? i hope its not swearing words

Lol. i'm adding those words to my vocab.

Just ignore peeps like gurdass mann. He really does have dislike for Sikhi saroop, it can be seen from his songs and his own words! He's more into being "spiritual" as he confesses himself.

If he tries to degenerate Sikhi saroop, like he did at one of his concerts where he said something to the effect that "Guys with Turbans also are not Perfect", or something like that, then we can have legit. protest.

Otherwise, let them do all the concerts they want, can't really change the party habits of lundee buchees (lol, i love this phrase).

jarnail singh bhindrawale gave him a warning for writing anti sikhi songs, gurdass mann apoligised, he was the forgiven and erased from the kharkoo hitlist. so he is no longera enemy of the sikhs, he didnt mean to attack the sikhs in his song, he just didnt express his point properly. let him do his thing heis a great singer. there is nothing wrong with celebrating vaisakhi. the singhs used to celebrate when the won batles, so why cant we celebrate the creation of the khalsa panth.

"celebrate when the won batles, so why cant we celebrate the creation of the khalsa panth."

i don't think in vaisakhi shows the celebration of the khalsa panth is celebrated...gurdas mann will sing, "Sohni Pag, Peg, Te Panga, tinna cheeja Jattan de kol changa.."---> means, "a nice turban, Peg=shot of liquor, and panga trouble, are three things Jatts are known for.

jarnail singh bhindrawale gave him a warning for writing anti sikhi songs, gurdass mann apoligised, he was the forgiven and erased from the kharkoo hitlist. so he is no longera enemy of the sikhs, he didnt mean to attack the sikhs in his song, he just didnt express his point properly. let him do his thing heis a great singer. there is nothing wrong with celebrating vaisakhi. the singhs used to celebrate when the won batles, so why cant we celebrate the creation of the khalsa panth.

86648[/snapback]

kharkoo hitlist. hmm did that include women, or what

I note that some of us speak about judging. It is true that we should be careful and try not to judge. However, we know we are also to speak our mind and defend our dignity.

Sometimes the effort not to judge is analagous to being slapped in the face and then staying silent because we should not be violent. That is not sikhi. A sikh may not slap back if not necessary, but a sikh will certainly defend him/herself.

So regarding Gurdass Mann, I would try to defend only, but when my guruji's roop is being attacked i will counter. Where does this bonehead get off speaking about turbans. He could be respected if he simply kept his mouth shut and showed a decent regard for sikh guru's. However, his own inability to maintain kesh leads him to go bash those with kesh. We see this kind of sick attitude in many punjabi people and the gurdass manns are ones who promote it to kids and teens. Is it any wonder people of the punjab have such high bravado with such low self-esteem.

If he sings about drinking and his punjabi culture, i may differ but can respect him as a human being, but once he starts to tie into and bring down what Guru Gobind Singh ji gave his head for then he goes too far. Gurdass Mann is a sorry farce businessman who capitalizes on vulnerable punjabi's.

Guys it was int he newspaper last year that he started singing his crap and started dancing in front of Guru Granth Sahib Ji. People threw rocks at him so he got in his car fast and ran away. He is a true looser. I don't know what he is proud of? Never listen to these singers. They sing crap. Only listen to stuff related to Singhs which is sung by Singhs. Not these loosers.

• 2 years later...
Guest AkhaliTaksaliSingh

First of all, am not all that crazy about listening to panjabi music, for several reasons, BUT I DO listen to tracks that are related to Sikhism. Everyone is getting so hyped about how Gurdas Maan not being a Singh, but he sings about Sikhism, for those that made that comment, I think that was cheap and weak. How can we expect non Amrithdhari, want to become Singhs, if you are going to have a attitude like that towards them? Atleast he's still representing, MOST singers do it for fame and fortune, atleast he does it for REAL.

Second, singers like Sarabjit Cheema that do tracks like Kudrat, everyone understands where he's coming from so why treat other Sangat different? What I don't understand is, that when Gurdas Maan made that track 'Sarbans Daniya', nobody spoke about him being non Amrithdhari then but now everyone's making a big hoo ha about it. I'm not taking sides with Maan, I couldn't care less, but what am getting at really is that if we are going to approach non Kesdhari/Amrithdhari Sangat like that, then I don't think that they'll acctually want to become Kesdhari / Amrithdari.

:e: