Non Sikhs wearing Kareh

I think these ppz who wear kara dunno significance of it.but even tho if they wear it i guess it s ok.cuz our gurus said everybody is welcome our gurudwaras as thats for fact .. u goto golden temple every kind of ppz r thr.so when our religion doesnt stop ppz frm comin to our holiest shrine then why shud it stop ppz frm wearing kara. on th other hand wearing a karpan is totaly wrong if you r not amritdhari cuz karpan has a biga siignificance and it shows ur strict abt ya religion.

so peace ya all and teach otha ppz abt it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All Info -
Everyone is born a sikh

Nahh i disagree. Not everyone is born a Sikh. You can be born into a Sikh family. But to be a Sikh you have to follow the maryadha as set out by our Gurus.

There are so many people out there with cut hair who smoke or drink or even do neither but dont follow Sikhi and have no interest in it who go around calling themselves Sikhi when really, they have no religion. They are just Indian, Anglo-Indian, Anglo-Asian, Punjabi or whatever but i dont think you can call them Sikhs.

Sorry all info, i jus used a bit of ure post and picked up on it but i realise i mite've misinterpreted it so i am sorry and hope you can forgive my mistakes... everyone.

VJKK VJKF

90849[/snapback]

Fateh

Paji dont worry, no need for a n apology. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

By my post i meant, if you do not cut the hair anything, whos appearance to you carry? Either way you are still a learner in terms of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. You become wahegurus student, if they smoke and drink and do wrong, they are bad students where as if they dont then they are more disciplined.

Apologies i did not make it clear, it sounds much more clearer when explained in person coz you can get immediate questions in!!!!!

I honestly don't get what the big deal with is about giving a gora or a hindu a karra. Like my neighbour a gora, when he was a kid , he would come to the gurdwara with us. His mom begged me to take him to the sikh temple and stuff.

My cousins, sort of like family friends, there hindus right, but listen though, the smalleest one comes to my house and asks veerji, help me do a report on sikhism. Some punjabi hindus consider themselves believers of guruji first than even hindusim, though they might have a kara. I think  thats sharda.. People get so insane, guru ji was probably the most secular and tolerant individual ever to live and people get scared a gora wears a karra. Showem what the karra stands for, take him to gurughar and I am sure he'll/shee'll feell better that you did.

90689[/snapback]

Not all gore or people who rnt Sikhs know enough about the religion in order to not do baedbi etc, i think thas y its such a big deal

if ur case, ur friend had respect and took effort to learn about religion

but sum ppl jus wear a kara cuz they think of it in a fashion sense and not what it reli represents

bhul chuk maaf

90716[/snapback]

Although these individuals may not know the significance of the kara many sikhs themselves do not either. I don't mean to streotype type here but many guys will go out of there way to buy the biggest kara just so they can use it when they get into a fight, are they not doing baedbi?

Instead of telling non-sikhs to take of the kara would it not be better to explain the signifance and importance of it instead? It would also be a useful way to inform people what sikhi is all about as loads of people ignorant about sikhi.

All Info -
Everyone is born a sikh

Nahh i disagree. Not everyone is born a Sikh. You can be born into a Sikh family. But to be a Sikh you have to follow the maryadha as set out by our Gurus.

There are so many people out there with cut hair who smoke or drink or even do neither but dont follow Sikhi and have no interest in it who go around calling themselves Sikhi when really, they have no religion. They are just Indian, Anglo-Indian, Anglo-Asian, Punjabi or whatever but i dont think you can call them Sikhs.

Sorry all info, i jus used a bit of ure post and picked up on it but i realise i mite've misinterpreted it so i am sorry and hope you can forgive my mistakes... everyone.

VJKK VJKF

90849[/snapback]

Fateh

Paji dont worry, no need for a n apology. Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

By my post i meant, if you do not cut the hair anything, whos appearance to you carry? Either way you are still a learner in terms of Guru Nanak Dev Ji. You become wahegurus student, if they smoke and drink and do wrong, they are bad students where as if they dont then they are more disciplined.

Apologies i did not make it clear, it sounds much more clearer when explained in person coz you can get immediate questions in!!!!!

90891[/snapback]

I know this is off topic, but I too have to disagree. Regardless of the outward appearance one may have, that will not make them a Sikh, there is a tuk from Gurbani which supports this, - but I can't think of it off the top of my head...

A learner alone is not a Sikh - A Sikh is initiated into the faith through the taking of Amrit - and keeping of rehet.

A Sikh is one who sticks to those disciplines and the Code of Conduct - rehet set out by our Guru Sahiban's.

Everyone is a child of God, but not a Sikh. An example of a Sikh is set out in Sahib Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. - Until one, (MYSELF) does not follow those principles of Sikhi, that person is not a Sikh.

Forgive me for my many mistakes.

I say that if a non sikh wear kareh it is no longer classed as a kareh

just as a bangle, beacuase the purpose of the kareh is lost and no

longer attains the attribuites that when a sikh wears it.

(for all u ppl who day undastand me, jus saing that wen a non sikh wears it, it is

not worn for the same reason therefore the whole meaning of it is lost).

nuff luv

Gurfateh!!

Kumi Veer Ji, i agree with you totally.

But i still disagree with non Sikhs wearing Kareh, and i agree with Ek Kaur about Sikhs who wear kareh and do not know the meaning of them. Education is very important.

This is an interesting topic.... Been reading every day and this is the way threads should go..... constructively. :TH:

Gurfateh!!

:wub: maybe a lil off topic , but its still about kareh rolleyes.gif

in Gurudwaras that sell kareh, r they pure iron ?? or r they a mixture

cuz i hav this thing that wenever i wear a kara it doesnt suit me cuz i think im allergic to it cuz i get rashes n its pretty bad

but then i thught maybe its not pure iron like its suposed to b n its mixture of sumthin else cuz i cant wear earrings either that r fake cuz my earlobes get all wierd but ya

newayzz

how do u knw if its pure iron or not cuz wen i got my kara from india the guy tol me it wuz pure iron (or maybe he didnt understand me <_< ) n i stil got allergic reaction

thank you :TH:

bhul chuk maaf for gettin off topic blush.gif

A kara is a kara.. A kara without sikh is just a piece of steel or metal/iron. It doesn't matter whether sikh or non sikh wears one.. The only thing matters is how the person see the meaning behind the kara.. So shouldn't be really worring about this issues since there are many other imp issues to worry about <_<