2nd Generation Sikh Fanaticism

sureal69

My sister who cuts her hair, is still a Sikh, she might even be more of a Sikh than me, i cant judge that. The only difference between me and her is that I am a Khalsa Sikh.

113993[/snapback]

lol... KHALSA SIKH ?

khalsa is khalsa.... a sikh is a khalsa...

how can u differtiate the 2?

if someone cuts there hair but are trying to improve to one day take amrit... than they are a working towards becoming a sikh...

someone who took amrit is a SIKH....

i like how gorai do it... they say im a 'practicing christian', or a 'non-practicing christian', or a 'born again christian'....

anyways, if someone cuts their hair and says im a sikh... whos sikh are they??? they arent a SIKH of GURU JI because they disobeyed one of the most important hukams... (shouldnt ignore any hukam, there all from guru ji, all are important)...

GURU GOBIND SINGH JI SAID HIMSELF DONT COME TO ME WITHOUT YOUR SHASTER AND KESH I WONT GIVE U MY DARSHAN...(so if you cut your hair and you call yourself a SIKH... think whose SIKH are you ???

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GURU GOBIND SINGH JI SAID HIMSELF DONT COME TO ME WITHOUT YOUR SHASTER AND KESH I WONT GIVE U MY DARSHAN...(so if you cut your hair and you call yourself a SIKH... think whose SIKH are you ???

Can you please clarify the above? I've never heard it before.

113997[/snapback]

'Eh Hai Mor Agaya, Suno eh pyaarai, Bina Tegh, Kesh(ang), deyo na deedarai'

Its a hukam from Guru Gobind Singh Ji... If you listen to Atam Ras Keertan they do a shabad on it...

Im sure someone can post the whole hukam

gm_rahit_kakkar.gif

Not only Kes (unshorn hair) are part of the external Khalsa Rahit, but also Keski (the Turban to cover the hair)

Keski is required by ALL SIKHS, regardless of sex. (See Rahit-Namah, Bhai Daya Singh Ji, above. Note: Bhai Daya Singh was one of the initial 5 Piyarays on Vaisakhi 1699.)

There is no separate Rahit for women, they are required to follow the Guru's Hukam in the same manner men are required to, and wear a Keski (Dastaar.) Sadly, for the last 60 odd years, "modern Sikh" females have rejected this very symbol of GurSikhi, and have thus gone against the Hukams of our Gurus. With the upsurge of Gurmat Parchaar, especially in the western countries, it is inspiring to see many daughters of Guru Gobind Singh wearing Dastaars as required by the Khalsa Rahit.

PLEASE SEE THIS LINK FOR MORE INFO ON REHIT:

http://www.panthkhalsa.org/rahit/rahit.php

OKAY EVERYONE....I think everyone needs to just calm down....I think we've had like a million posts and about facial hair, dastaars, etc. The bottom line is....removing your hair if your amritdaree is a kurehit meaning that it is WRONG.

ALso, I want to point out that I think people have this tendency to think that if one is amritdaree than that makes them better then other people. Honestly, based on my personal experience....I can't say that this is true. I know MANY people who are amritdaree and many who are not. And to tell you the truth....I often find that the people who are NOT amritdaree tend to be better people regardless of whether or not they cut their hair or not. When I say this I mean that they are loving, selfless people whereas some amritdaree people I know tend to be full of ego because they think they are better then other people. Again...this is based on my personal experience and am not trying to offend or diss any amritdaree individuals on this site. Bottom line....I"m just saying that just because one might cut their hair (and is not amritdaree) DOES NOT....under any circumstance make them less of a person than a amritdaree singh or singhnee.

i am sorry but what we are discussing here? :) @

Is it okay for girls to shave, wax and so on? That's what i get from our brother's posts/replies who originaly posted this thread..

Oh-kay.. bro you are male and since when you are worried about about singhnia regarding their appearance? From your posts you are saying indirectly that singhnia should shape the eyebrows, wax here and there and so on to make the sikh religion acceptable? Sikhi isn't about rules.. sikhi isn't limited to such thoughts of having a "society self-made" good lookout to attract others or opposite genders.

Guru jee made all humans flawless.. his design is perfect according to the soul's past karam. he didn't just put hair for no reason whether its beard hair or whether it's hair on top of your head, he is not bound to give us straight answer to questions like this.. ONE have to find these answers.. ball ain’t gonna come to you, you have to go to fetch the ball. Human is just the small part of the all guru jees creation.. He doesn't have to tell every details of life to us, he only gave us the practical example on how to live a simple (sikh) life by going through 10 gurroops. There are millions of creatures and yet ONLY human choose to go against gurus wishes by amending it's physical appearance. You may agree with that or disagree.. thats fine but telling others what to do or what not to do is the mistake that we all make. Who are you coming here and telling us what to believe in or what not to believe in? Ask yourself a question (don't have to answer to public) Did you ever opened sri guru granth sahib jee and read the bani to understand issues like this? Bend yourself to learn about sikhi, don't bend sikhi to suit your needs.

Rahey gall hair and girl stuff.. If the kaur feels that having hair doesn't effect her personal journey then its awesome, if she feels that having hair is holding her back then go ahead do what she think is right. It's the personal choice of the bibian and we should respect that. Parents forcing their children of above 18/20 yrs old age to do something which they (youth) don't feel comfortable then thats wrong.. It is maybe you who do not like the girls with god given facial hair, don't presume that all sikh males think like yourself.

If someone ask me or argue me regarding the bibian and facial hair and stuff.. I would ask him.. did your grandmother did the stuff that you are supporting of? If no then why our singhnia should... At end we ought stop talking about others.. It ain't like your sikhi jeevan is getting effected by the lifestyle of other person.

It's usually our mistake to judge other person.. there's nowhere in gurbani that says that WE human should judge other person and issue the ruling regarding who is good sikh and will be accept by akal purakh. i have brother who isn't sikh in appearance and i don't go and judge him that you ain't sikh because of this or that.. Why i would do that? It's stupid to do stuff like that.. u know what i mean..

We came to this world all alone and we will leave this world alone.. Till we are here in this janam, we should only first try to tame ourself to be a good sikh..

I meant to say that I have taken Amrit and represent the Khalsa roop, but she does not. So she is a Sikh on her way to become Khalsa(pure).

114005[/snapback]

to be better people regardless of whether or not they cut their hair or not. When I say this I mean that they are loving, selfless people whereas some amritdaree people I know tend to be full of ego because they think they are better then other people.

114008[/snapback]

Phenji have you ever been to a club? Have you been to universities? More so bhangra gigs!!!! U say amritdhari have ego huna, yeh its true, and they wrong for it. There is wrong in everyone but unfortunatly when it comes to ego, non-amritdhari do take the biscuit!! and win hands down!!!!!!!! even the ones who claim to be Sikh with their BIG massive kara on walking like penguins wobbling left to right slanting back, drive with their seat soooo far back a patient in hospital would think its their bed!!!! blasting out bare tunes and giving it loads of attitude so the girls think they kool, and the same goes for girls too!! Thats ego.

If you are Gurus Sikh, his son/daughter, u should be so proud of it you should be shouting from the roof tops!! Guru Gobind Singh is MY DAD! Yes remain humble but be Proud to Be Khalsa.