Aarti At Sri Hazoor Sahib

Satsriakal to all and ms514 Ji!

We all as human beings wish to earn the best of life.

The same is with nature. The best beauty in nature among plants grows as flowers. Among woods it is the sandal wood. We make dhoop of it. The importance and value of light are undescribable. We get light by burning lamps.

Rarely we wish to give up or offer our earnings for Godly purposes. Rarely we are truly thankful and show it to HIM.

Through the Sat Guru we experience God for the first time whom everything truly belongs to.

We forget our complaints with His Darshan. We collect our best what we have received from His nature.

We wish to tell the Sat Guru and God, when our words are not enough, that Prabh Ji! This the best of all what you have given us. Thanks.

The Sat Guru and God, although know our shortcomings, are delighted with our Aartee.

The Sat Guru and God are truly delighted when we receive NAM, the best of all, and do Jap of the same.

Thanks for your input.

Love.

Balbir Singh

did anybody record the thing off the sky digital channel thingy. I wanna see what these guys acctully do.

If the Aarti at Hazoor sahib is "Hindu", so is a lot of other stuff in Sikhi.

Will we get rid of the Chaur(wisk) next, or the Chanani(canopy)?

Fact of the matter is, the Singhs at Hazoor sahib don't pray to the divas, the flowers, they are singing the praises of Guru Maharaj and invovling an ancient practice of aaarti to give their devotion a physical aspect.

If we start going down this road, we'll end up at Kala Afghana's camp.

Will we stop "Prasaad" since it's pretty "Hindu" as well?

Btw, the Hazoori Singhs DO understand that the aarti they are singing is about the cosmic aarti!!!

It doesn't matter if it is Hindu or not, it is a blind ritual. Sikhs are to worship God and God alone, when we meet the Guru we bow to it as a greeting because that is what we did to the real Gurus. I advise all of you who agree with what is happening to watch Tabhe Roos Jageo, its about how Hinduism is influencing the Sikh faith.

what is the kala-afghana trap can you explain? that hindu's rituals arent aloud? i think that is right also.

It doesn't matter if it is Hindu or not, it is a blind ritual. Sikhs are to worship God and God alone, when we meet the Guru we bow to it as a greeting because that is what we did to the real Gurus. I advise all of you who agree with what is happening to watch Tabhe Roos Jageo, its about how Hinduism is influencing the Sikh faith.

116605[/snapback]

Do explain how the aarti is a blind ritual? Are you able to look into the hearts of the Singhs performing the aarti to see if they are doing it blindly or with devotion?

Should we also stop using the chaur sahib because the chaur in Gurbani is supposed to be "Pavan" or air?

J T makes a good point, why do we see aarti as a blind ritual, maybe it is done out of love to express love in that way juust as we express our love by decorating the palki or is that also a hindu ritual,

also looking at chaur sahib ki seva, nowadays we have a fan next to Guru Sahib so what is the chaur sahib for? just a simple waste of time u may say?

some of us seem to fear what seems slightly hindufied, it wont make us hindus, we dont do things blindly, we are doing all this out of love and understand what is the true aarti but to express love in whatever way as long as it is not offending Guru Sahib, I see nothing wrong with that.

And the Singhs at Sri Hazoor Sahib probly know better than us what has always been happening there and what has not. I've been there and yeah they do have the jot and tooph and aarti etc etc but its not done by ignoring the 'true' aarti.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

I would just like to share my interpretation of "Aarti" i may be wrong but please correct me in that case.

rwgu DnwsrI mhlw 1 ]

Raag Dhanaasaree, First Mehl

ggn mY Qwlu riv cMdu dIpk bny qwirkw mMfl jnk moqI ]

Upon that cosmic plate of the sky, the sun and the moon are the lamps. The stars and their orbs are the studded pearls

DUpu mlAwnlo pvxu cvro kry sgl bnrwie PUlµq joqI ]1]

The fragrance of sandalwood in the air is the temple incense, and the wind is the fan. All the plants of the world are the altar flowers in offering to You, O Luminous Lord. ||1||

kYsI AwrqI hoie ] Bv KMfnw qyrI AwrqI ]

What a beautiful Aartee, lamp-lit worship service this is! O Destroyer of Fear, this is Your Ceremony of Light.

Okay, heres how i personally think of it. Guru Nanak Dev Ji is kinda like saying that the sky is the plate on which the lights are (the hindus have a plate/ thaal on which there are candles). Guru Ji is using metaphors. He says that there are stars which are the pearls and the moon and sun are the lamps. The sandlewood in the air is the temple incense (thoof) and the wind is the fan and all the plants in the wold are the flowers as offerings to God. Then Guru Nanak kinda like praises this type of aartee, the aartee of God. When Guru Ji says that all these things are the aartee for God then what's the point in still using a thaalee, candles, thoof etc when there are much greater things like stars, suns, moons? Whats the point in offering flowers when all the flowers of the world are already a offering to God anyway?

p.s. this is like one of my first proper posts kinda nervous lol blush.gif