Sikhnet

Guest Guest

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When he went to USA...he tought Yoga to make a living......but soon.I dunnu how ...These people made Yoga RELATED......Yoga as a exercise is fine....BUT these people TRY to LINK Sikhi with Yoga.They do their yoga at amrit wela..where else a Gursikh id suppose to do abyass of Naam.The issue here is yoga is apart of their spiritual life.

They never bothered to mix around with the rest of the panth when Yogi was alive and they made their own Khalsa Council.But now that their teacher is no more around they come as far as to east(Malaysia ,Singapore) to have diplomatic ties with the local sikkh organizations here. :lol:

In your views,

taking birthi(dhyaan) towards trikurti(3rd eye) is not yog sadhna?

That itself is a yog sadhna..lot of panthic jathey ie- akj follow this:

This one is coming from a bibi who took amrit from AKJ. she lives in NZ:

Naam Simran can be done this way.

AKJ does not practice such things. Gurbani teaches us to focus on Dhuni of Shabad not on third eye. There is no third eye in reality. This belief is from hinduism. shiva has third eye and when it opens....you know the rest.

Keep in mind that I am strictly focusing my points on sikhnet people and not on all "white" sikhs. Yoga is not supported in Gurbani. If it is then please provide reference and doing yoga has to be clearly mentioned. None of the Gurus ever practiced it, if they did then provide proof. I have already stated what kind of classes Guru Ji taught. Yoga was not even considered an exercise.

curious ji, If I assume that Guru Ji did not tell us not to do yoga then by the same argument He never told us to practice it either. In Amrit Vela only doing Naam Simran is mentioned not yoga. Did Baba Deep Singh Ji, Bhai Mani Singh Ji, Bhai Taru Singh Ji, Bhai Randhir Singh Ji, Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji, Sant Jarnail Singh Ji and many other respected Gursikhs ever do yoga, even as an exercise?

If yoga helps them to relax or whatever then sure I am not against it but it is not part of Sikhi and should not be mixed with Naam Simran at Amrit Vela. Many times I have had discussions with them and every time they failed to justify their acts. You are welcome to invite any one of the representatives of sikhnet and we can have an open discussion.

Yoga is not part of Sikhi and never was. Yogi introduced it and taught people to recite mantras which he learned from his buddhist yogi master. read guruvah's post for more info. I am not saying they are not Sikhs. I am simply saying that some things they do are not part of Sikhi. Coming from a different culture is not an excuse to distort Sikhi. The solution would be to stop doing manmat and study and contemplate on Gurbani. Everyone makes mistakes but learning from your mistakes is what makes you a Sikh.

two last question for yoga supporters:

1) Prove that Gurbani supports Yoga and it helps people to get closer to Waheguru.

2) If it is only an exercise then why are mantras recited. Give Gurbani quotes to prove that yoga as an exercise is accepted.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

why don't you give quotes from gurbani where it says lifting weights as an exercise is accepted?or how about basketball? or even gatka? or hockey??

do you not do anything cuz it's not written in gurbani???

If i do Vaheguru simran during my cardio workout, am I going against Sikhi? Will the Vaheguru simran during the cardio workout benefit me or have no impact?

Give Gurbani quotes to prove that yoga as an exercise is accepted.

Yes, while you're at it, please can someone also find me quotes that support basketball as an acceptable form of exercise. Thanks.

i think the point was that they obsess over yoga although i was thinking that its a good idea to do yoga although i do not know if it is that beneficial but it would help u control ur mind etc so good for praying ? so 3ho doing good to some degree.

as for basketball, if i encouraged it or made it out to be a part of sikhi then maybe that wrong cos misrep sikhi?

If i do Vaheguru simran during my cardio workout, am I going against Sikhi? Will the Vaheguru simran during the cardio workout benefit me or have no impact?

Simran should be done 24/7. BUT in Sikhi, Amrit Vela has very much importance. If you do cardio workout and do simran that doesn't mean your exercise is part of Sikhi or Guru Raamdas Ji introduced it. Also, let me know if cardio exercise gets you closer to Waheguru. On another note, while you workout if you mix Gurbani with hindu or buddhist mantras you are highly disrespecting Gurbani. 3HO recite non-Sikh mantras, they call it “simran program”, believe that yoga helps them get closer to God, and claim that yoga (in spiritual term) was introduced by 4th Nanak Ji. So prove to me that what 3HO believe in is part of Sikhi.

I have already stated my opinion on exercise but you probably did not read my post properly.

If yoga helps them to relax or whatever then sure I am not against it but it is not part of Sikhi

Again, if yoga was a "good" exercise Guru Ji would've taught his Sikhs to do it or at least written something good about it in Gurbani. Yoga doesn't relax anyone; Naam Simran is a real relaxation.

You surely proved how "rational" and Sikhi based your arguments are. Keep it up. Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

"3HO recite non-Sikh mantras, they call it “simran program”, believe that yoga helps them get closer to God"

So a Hindu, buddhist or any non sikh can not get closer to God unless they are saying Whaeguru?

138603[/snapback]

doesn't matter what you call him.....waheguru/bhagvan/allah/jesus.....as long as you believe in that one God and follow his teachings.....

In my opinion, all of them are forms of one God....just in different forms/religions