Theory Of Evolution

LostSoul

The evolution theory has been getting a lot of attention in the States espeically, becuase of the various Christian groups trying to get it pulled from the curriculum, which seems like blamaphous act of its own.

But then again doesn't really matter where we came from or how we came to being. More importantly we are here now so lets make do with the time we got.

The evolution theory has been getting a lot of attention in the States espeically, becuase of the various Christian groups trying to get it pulled from the curriculum, which seems like blamaphous act of its own.

But then again doesn't really matter where we came from or how we came  to being. More importantly we are here now so lets make do with the time we got.

145568[/snapback]

i agree with Shinda veerji... sitting here and contemplating about where we came from, this evolution stuff, is a complete and utter waste of time (in my opinion)... this knowledge will not better any of our lives.. it won't increase ur spirituality... it won't take u to sach khand faster...

we need to focus on the NOW.. the present... 'cause we don't know when our next breath will be.. no point in wasting our time, breathe, and resources discussing somethin that has no effect on anybodys life directly..

okay pher? :)

Vaheguru Jee Ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh!!

Thats true...but to understand where we are and where we are going, surley we must understand where we have come from...both in a physical sense and a spiritual sense.

Seeing as the whole world is part of the His creation, it may not advance us 10 steps further understanding where we came from...but it may take us one step closer to understanding our past, where WE came from in a physical sense and maybe even in understanding where we SHOULD be heading to.

It's OK saying we shoulnt be concerned with it. But we are not superhumans...we are an inquisitive bunch, us humans, so why not learn from the past and build ourselves up and make ourselves aware of all aspects of the Gurus wonderful creation.

Others may disagree...but thats my views. Learn and 'enjoy' the world God has given us, but also know Guru IS EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE.

"Well, It's silly to even ask this on a religious based site, Obviously the majority opinion of this site is religiously based, and thus the question itself biased"

How would it be silly? Religiously based meaning you believe in what creationism? My question what was your take on this or any other theory. I think the statement that "no point in wasting our time, breathe, and resources discussing somethin that has no effect on anybodys life directly.." is silly (No offense). That means we shouldnt waste our time telling stories, laughing or joking with friends, because it has no effect on our spirituality. I agree with Manchester Sikhi and think we should reason with where we came from, and we got here, as sikhi promotes thinking in the line of reasoning I feel this is a important issue. I think the theory of Evolution actually makes some sense compared to other theories out there (i.e. creationism) The strong survived and theyre offspring evolved. Neanderthals were wiped out by the homo sapien race and we have been evolving ever since, science backs this with proof, as of right now doesnt it seem the most legit theory there?

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

I agree with Evolution.

I think God created us through evolution.

Just incase the sangat hasnt visited the multimedia section on this website (on top) theres a presentation about Sikhi and science- which is amazing to know what Gurbani says about science.

Here's the link (might not work, you might have to open it from the multimedia section):

http://ppt.sikhsangat.com/p/SO/22

Here is a Gurbani quote talking about evolution (bold)

bhan bhan gharhee-ai gharh gharh bhajai dhaahi usaarai usray dhaahai.

Shattering and breaking apart, He creates and re-creates; creating, He shatters again. He builds up what He has demolished, and demolishes what He has built.

Page 935

By the way just incase for the brothers and sisters who havent got much knowlegde about Evolution, evolution is when the best characteristics (ie long wings) of a certain specie might stay the same depending on the environment which will be passed down to the next genration of the species and other aspects might change such as the beak might get longer because if the species taht they hunt might be stronger so the next generation of the specie will get them characteristics. So i think thats what Gurbani is talking about when re-creating and shatering.

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

as a sikh i think our soul, our life energy, originated from Akaal Purakh, God. Spiritually only the soul matters because that is the saroop of God.

Science is limited to the physical. We can gain a lot of knowledge about the physical past present and future but in sikhi this knowledge or worldy giaan is of no use when you die because it won't go with you in the end.

just my take...