Why Are These Sikhs Wearing Tiliks?

AussieSikh

So it means that we can start wearing Dhottis and Scred threads around our chests. And start Jap of Ram Ram Radhay Ram  -  It will be funny.

146513[/snapback]

I'm asking you a simple question. Why Tilak was used for the appointment of Sikh Gurus? If having Tilak makes Sikhs a non Sikh who are being shown in the picture then what is your explanation to ceremony, in which Baba Budha Ji, first Granthi of Sikhism and great personality appointing Sikh Gurus by putting "Tilak" on their forehead.

Please come up with an objective answer, if you have any. Thanks

And to your Sarcasm, we should wear what is appropriate for Sikhs. We should wear clean clothes and try to take shower in the morning and do our Nitnem. Try to bring harmony in the world and keep ourselves in the "Chardi-Kala" spirit. We should see the whole world as ours and love every human being regardless of their religious preferences.

146514[/snapback]

d_oh.gif good point :TH:

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this a Sikh forum?

Universal Brotherhood.

Guru Nanak rejected the caste system and the division of any people on bases of religion, birth, power or wealth. He realised the Divine presence in all people and so valued every human being. No person need be lost for ever. Even the worst sinner, if he repented and turned to God, would be forgiven. As all mankind was of the one family, all forms of discrimination-social, political, ethnic, racial and religious should be ended. Today however, in spite of the charter of Fundamental Rights of UNO, discrimination still persists in many countries. A truly religious man should be recognisable through the practice of equality and impartiality in all relations with others. Guru Nanak says:

"Religion consists not only in words,

He who looks on all men his equal, is religious."

Learn something about this...because the people on this forum dont realised that they also are discriminating...

Accept people how they are ....because before you criticize someone ...think first about youre own bad habbits

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KE FATEH

and yes my fiance comes to my temples takes part in the so called stupid hindu rituals.
performing of Any Ritual is againnt the sikh code of conduct, im sorry to say but i guess that renders your fiance to a non sikh realy.
vaheguru (your gurus),

Vaheguru is the universal creator god, The one and only god of all religions, worlds, universes and nether regions call "it" what you may. to say waheguru is just our divine light is false.

hinduism, is one of the oldest religion in the world. it has no need to preach or get people involved to grow its numbers.

largley thanks to brahmanism, go to different parts of india and "hinduism" can be found in its many different forms, travel sometime and cseefor youself (that applies to every)

'something max arthur macauliffe said, though im sure many sikhs are familiar with his words by now.

"Truly wonderful are the strength and vitality of Hinduism. It is like the boa constrictor of the Indian forests. When a petty enemy appears to worry it, it winds round its opponent, crushes it in its folds, and finally causes it to disappear in its capacious interior. In this way, many centuries ago, Hinduismon its own ground disposed of Buddhism which was largely a Hindu reformation; in thisway, in a pre-historic period, it absorbed the religion of the Scythian invaders of Northern

India; in this way, it is disposing of the reformed and once hopeful religion of Baba Nanak. Hinduism has embraced Sikhism in its folds; the still comparatively young religion is making a vigorous struggle for life, but its ultimate destruction is, it is apprehended, inevitable without

state support."

Guest militant singh
and yes my fiance comes to my temples takes part in the so called stupid hindu rituals.
performing of Any Ritual is againnt the sikh code of conduct, im sorry to say but i guess that renders your fiance to a non sikh realy.
vaheguru (your gurus),

Vaheguru is the universal creator god, The one and only god of all religions, worlds, universes and nether regions call "it" what you may. to say waheguru is just our divine light is false.

hinduism, is one of the oldest religion in the world. it has no need to preach or get people involved to grow its numbers.

largley thanks to brahmanism, go to different parts of india and "hinduism" can be found in its many different forms, travel sometime and cseefor youself (that applies to every)

'something max arthur macauliffe said, though im sure many sikhs are familiar with his words by now.

"Truly wonderful are the strength and vitality of Hinduism. It is like the boa constrictor of the Indian forests. When a petty enemy appears to worry it, it winds round its opponent, crushes it in its folds, and finally causes it to disappear in its capacious interior. In this way, many centuries ago, Hinduismon its own ground disposed of Buddhism which was largely a Hindu reformation; in thisway, in a pre-historic period, it absorbed the religion of the Scythian invaders of Northern

India; in this way, it is disposing of the reformed and once hopeful religion of Baba Nanak. Hinduism has embraced Sikhism in its folds; the still comparatively young religion is making a vigorous struggle for life, but its ultimate destruction is, it is apprehended, inevitable without

state support."

147444[/snapback]

Finnnaly sum1 who SEES THE TRUTH BIG UP 'SABRE SWORD'

to sabre sword,

religion and faith is unique to every human being in this world, just because my fiance attends rituals in a place of worship that is different from his, does not make him less of a sikh than anyone else. even if it is against sikhs 'code of conduct'

i read somewhere in this forum, that a sikh is a student of the gurus. if thats the case then my fiance is a SIKH.

To be faithful to one religion and yet have the humanity to appreciate someone elses religion is a wonderful thing.

I find it hard that the gurus will not bless my fiance when he prays for their blessings just because hes been attending hindu rituals.

as for hinduism, im not from india where state support is needed for a religion to thrive. i was brought in a multicultural society where theres temples and gurudwaras in abundance. where the hindu and sikh communities respect each other and continue to grow in their own ways.

l am sure that hinduism has its flaws and in no way is perfect but in relation to the original post of this thread, i was disappointed that it was called 'stupid' because some sikhs applied a tilak.

Quoted from militant singh:

"what i have pikced up and learned about hinduism is that thier rituals r worthless and mean nothing The hindu is blind the muslim has 1 eye - Guru Nanak"

"why would a hindu come on this site"

"THE GURUS NEVER USED OR HAD A TILAK OR WHATEVA THE RED JUNGLE BOOK MARK IS CALLED"

Sabre sword, this is what i was disappointed with, which made me post.