Atmaan Of Akali Dasam Granth Sahib Ji

i have spoken to the admin of the library and they said they will keepmaharaj in the back in a clean rummala on a high shelf. i am now going to talk to my local gurudwara to try and get maharaj out of the library and all other translations of sggs sdgs ssgs out tof the libraries and into gurudware.

u know wat, i bet this causes a minor reaction from the youth

a) it's not a hindu mandir or dera

b) theres no protest involved

c) u got no campaing or jathabhandy behind u

d) there aint no "hukumnama" issued! lol

i started a thread on ss about senchi sahibs being sold in music stores and bookstores and got a poor response. the ak47 hoodies would get all worked up if this was some hindu mandir with dasam granth or senchya on a shelf?

rupinder ji you hit the nail on the head. damn right u are!

i started a thread on ss about senchi sahibs being sold in music stores and bookstores and got a poor response. the ak47 hoodies would get all worked up if this was some hindu mandir with dasam granth or senchya on a shelf?

why are you saying that, why are you waiting for the 'ak47 hoodies' to do something, is it not a responsibility for every sikh? just becos they actually take a stand against alot of issues doesnt mean u have to dislike them, and looks like your the sort who likes to sit back and watch and comment on how BAD things are done, rather than helping people do things better....

how the hell do you distinguish people like that. i could buy a hoodie of the net and where a dharmala and then you would never know me , yet you would profile me into some made up catogary?

can we an address up for the library and contact details, or details of a meeting. and if anyone else notices anything in there local library could you please post on here or get in touch, because as it happened , i was looking thought library catalogues throughout the uk to find Guru Granth Sahib Saroops or Gutkas kept in libraries.

I am not 100% but if it isnt in gurmukhi/punjabi version then i thought it was ok to keep translations of just in english of Dasam Granth... but im gona find out for sure and know just the people to ask...............

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, waheguru ji ki Fateh jio

The pics are quite shocking,

but before everyone rings up, protests start etc,

let Nihang Vikramdeep Singh have the mtg and see what they say, maybe with Guru's kirpa, he can try and educate them about respect and looking after religous scriptious properly (if at all).

From expereince, public bodies are more likely to listen to reason if explained in a dignified manner.

if they don't, then by all means other ways can be looked at inlcudign putting more pressure on them, but 1st have a educated dialogue wih them

Nihang Vikram Singh, pls keep the sangat informed.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, wahegurur ji ki Fateh

why are you saying that, why are you waiting for the 'ak47 hoodies' to do something, is it not a responsibility for every sikh? just becos they actually take a stand against alot of issues doesnt mean u have to dislike them, and looks like your the sort who likes to sit back and watch and comment on how BAD things are done, rather than helping people do things better....

how the hell do you distinguish people like that. i could buy a hoodie of the net and where a dharmala and then you would never know me , yet you would profile me into some made up catogary?

can we an address up for the library and contact details, or details of a meeting. and if anyone else notices anything in there local library could you please post on here or get in touch, because as it happened , i was looking thought library catalogues throughout the uk to find Guru Granth Sahib Saroops or Gutkas kept in libraries.

I am not 100% but if it isnt in gurmukhi/punjabi version then i thought it was ok to keep translations of just in english of Dasam Granth... but im gona find out for sure and know just the people to ask...............

Ok I am glad theres a reaction! i DID mean to offend, becuz people r so selective about wats an issue and wats not! the over reactive militant/ak47 singhs of this world wanna just bust up the next hindu man but wont be bothered about an issue like this. thats wat i meant.

but this aint gonna be the only library in uk or the world with a saroop of sggs or senchiya or dasam granth or gutkas. so there needs to be a universal approach or campaign of awareness for sikhs to make public libraries realise the importance gurbani to a sikh. oh yeah..this dont mean that u throw the ball back in my court like sum of u lot always seem to do.

Try and get them removed fully. If they wish to keep copies at the library, then advise them that they must keep the full rehat of doing so. Explain what this is to them and see if they feel they can adhere to that. Also give them an alternative if someone wishes to view gurbani or read it. Advise them of local gurwara libraries which contain the pothia which people can go to and read if they wish. (However most gurdwara libraries also need a clean up as most senchiya etc are without rumlleh etc, so we need to get these cleaned and tied also)

Libararies most likely dont know what gurbani is and will only see it as a book and any disrespect shown is out of lack of knowledge, and not intentional. For those speaking to them please keep this in mind.

Ok I am glad theres a reaction! i DID mean to offend, becuz people r so selective about wats an issue and wats not! the over reactive militant/ak47 singhs of this world wanna just bust up the next hindu man but wont be bothered about an issue like this. thats wat i meant.

Take a break and stop being so judgemental. As singh said you dont know all these people and you dont know their motives. for all you know they could be doing plenty behind your back without you knowing. an example is how singhs have been tidying up and taking care of senchiya and gutkeh sahibs at havelock road london over the last few weeks. many of these guys wear 'ak-47' hoodies and yet they are doing this seva, so sorry to burst your judgemental bubble.

And brother the ball of responsibility lies in everyones court. Whether you choose to do something or not is your choice.

Regarding one of the southall music shop, singhs have visited it and they say the packed box is actually cd's of katha and not guru sahibs senchiya. whether this was the same shop or different to the one mentioned before i cant say. if someone local can check it out again that would be appreciated.

Just as a side note, whilst the gurbani is still gurbani, this selection is not the full sri dasam granth ji saroop. certain bani's have not been included in this edition for the authors own choices (chritrar pakhayan etc).

As such, you probably wont need to do full parkash of the pothia, but still utmost respect should be shown.

:TH:

please let us know how this is going, if they dont listen let us know and we'll get other responsible locals from walsall to step in and have a word with the neccesary people.