Mahatma Gandhi

84_Survivor

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gandhi was a devout hindu...that is true. But that is a man's personal belief how he wants to believe his religion/way of life !

What is significant about Gandhi is that he had to do what he did from scratch. He wasn't perfect.

Think about it this way, unlike today's he had no govt to support him, no outside power to back him up..whatever plans and work he had to do he had to devise and act by himself.

The British were using very clever methods to keep India divided,

In Jalianwala Bagh, the Baloch Regiment (consisting of Punjabi Muslims) and Gurkha Regiment (Nepalis) were used to fire at innocent sikh pilgrims who were camping at JB.

In NWFP, the British used Sikh soldiers to tame the unruly Pathans.

In Northern UP & Bihar, the British used Punjabi Musalman to fire upon hindus and control any riots/mobs and also to take revenge when 1857 mutiny. After 1857 mutiny, the British sought replacements from South East Asia and China and when the replacements arrived, they just went haywire and used to hunt down the *natives* by some method called *Peppering the nigger*. THey used to burn down camps which lay in their way and when the people in the camp used to run out everyone used to be shot. pray.gif

This method of using one community against other went on and thus there was no united voice to stand up against the British. And then British used to crow about how they were such a superior & benevolent civilization out ot *save the natives*.

Gandhi then decided that non-violence could be used to shame the British conscience (ofcourse he knew that they had to had pride in themselves and were proud of their conscience, though selective). This method ofcourse would not have worked out against the Islamists or Muslims because they knew not what having a conscience meant. It was a policy of horses for courses. He had to find a way to unite the nation and thus he appealed to the muslim community to join his non-violent movement. The foremost adherant to his philosophy was a certain Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan a.k.a Bacha Khan a.k.a Frontier Gandhi. He also had Maulana Abdul Azad who was an Afridi Pathan from U.P and he gathered many muslim leaders by his side.

It was only then that a semblance of unity between the communities of North India was created, they were busy fighting among themselves and were being used by the British beforehand.

Gandhi's moves slowly began to be paid off, as British found that their Indian Army and recruits were not as motivated or enthusiastic as before. Gandhi gave a face to their aspirations and a leadership to a movement.

Needless to say, those were very tough times.

British kept on adding fuel to fire and wanted the communities to remain divided to serve their ends, but Gandhi devised particular plans just for the British and he committed himself to carrying out his plan.

It is easy for people today to sit on an easychair or in front of a computer and just berate him for various sins. He was post-modern India's first national icon. He used to confidently walk into any locality and community he liked and there used to be peace.

People used to have massive respect for him. And he used that respect to gain their confidence. It is sad that he couldn't manage to get the confidence of the Sikhs.

I guess i have a opinion .

No Gandhi would have been born if the

" SIKHS DID NOT LOOSE THE ANGLO- SIKH WAR "

Due to the typical trait of infighting we have amongst us like :=

1 ) Punjabi vs non Punjabi

2 ) Sikhs vs non Sikh

3 ) Jatts vs Chamar vs Brahmins vs baniya vs bappa vs bihari

but I guess this is also our strength having all shades of people and opinion ???

The day we stand united with what ever nation we belong to ; India / UK / Canada /Italy /USA /Pakistan etc ;

looser party leaders like Gandhi will not be born and shall not lead us into ignonimity.

Now how u fullfil the the saying of

" Nische kar apni jeet karu " is for u to decide.

love

hps

I guess i have a opinion .

No Gandhi would have been born if the

" SIKHS DID NOT LOOSE THE ANGLO- SIKH WAR "

Due to the typical trait of infighting we have amongst us like :=

1 ) Punjabi vs non Punjabi

2 ) Sikhs vs non Sikh

3 ) Jatts vs Chamar vs Brahmins vs baniya vs bappa vs bihari

but I guess this is also our strength having all shades of people and opinion ???

The day we stand united with what ever nation we belong to ; India / UK / Canada /Italy /USA /Pakistan etc ;

looser party leaders like Gandhi will not be born and shall not lead us into ignonimity.

Now how u fullfil the the saying of

" Nische kar apni jeet karu " is for u to decide.

love

hps

Well, i can the same thing in reverse and say there would be no Sikhism if guru Nanak wasn't born. That's not the point, the point is that Because of Gandhi you can call yourself Indian not because of bhagat Singh(even though he shouldn't be called a singh).

also, this isn't about wining or losing, i don't know hwere you got that idea from.

• 2 weeks later...