Kara

Guest Guest

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have noticed muslims, hindus and even white ppl wearing karray.

Really? Are you sure they're wearing karas? Maybe they're wearing something else that looks like a kara. :wub:

naa....they wear karay

i obiously as them

Wow!

Interesting.

yea

i use to go to a chatholic school in g.9 high school

and a white chatholic religion teacher wore a kara

They were probably married to a Sikh or dating one. I used to see that back in the day. Once some gora came to me and showed me a gold kara, told me his father in law got it for him as a wedding present.

hmmm yaa...once at work..this lady i work with came upto me..shes christian from pakistan, and shes starts touching my kareh, and asking where i got all mine from...n how she wanted to get sum for herself...

i didnt kno wha to say to her...cuz i didnt wana say nething rude accidently...

but there was this other girl beside me...she wasnt a sikh, and she answered for me, she said how a karaa isnt something for show, theres deep religious meaning behind it and stuff..

• 11 months later...
Guest David

Why would you say "even white people"? Is Sikh faith exclusively for Punjabi people? I respect and follow the Guru's teaching and I am white. Remember that all forms of worship are to be respected and considered valid. I wear a Kara for the same reason as everyone else. It reminds me to always be respectful to others.

i have noticed muslims, hindus and even white ppl wearing karray.

Really? Are you sure they're wearing karas? Maybe they're wearing something else that looks like a kara. :lol:

naa....they wear karay

i obiously as them

Wow!

Interesting.

yes..

its not a kakkar until its actually blessed to you through guru saahib in panj pyarai saroop during an amrit sanchaar when one takes amrit..

otherwise its just a normal steel/iron bangle

i personally think that this^^ is debatable...

This might be a stupid question, but is it okay for a Mona to wear a kara?

guru gobind singh ji said that without kesh, all the other four kak are useless. so why wear it if one is ignorent to its meaning or to what it represents or stands for?

however,i am not saying that mone cant wear it.. but in this dy and age,for monae it just shows their 'heritage' now. just like singh and kaur has been degraded to show what relegion you are... suppose its a way for the monae ppl to stay niyaara!!! :p

sikhi starts with the kesh and finishes with the kirpaan.. this is how it is. dasmesh pita has given this as a sri mukhbaak.

khalsa ji fateh!

its not liek most of us wear a proper sized kara anyway, most of us wear small thin ones that just can't really be used as a real kara can be. So a mona wearing a kara or not... its not like most of them wear the real thing anyway. just a symbolic version.

I think its also useful to know how to use a kara as well.

also war bracelets would have been used by other civilisations and races as well, in no way are they limited to sikhs or the khalsa fauj.