What Jatha are You Part Of?

Surrey Singh

N30 Singh, ok next time I’ll use the term “fake” sant. But believe it or not, most of these fake Sants are the modern day Masands. Most of them are crooks. Because of there wicked and immoral ways people are becoming disillusioned and turning towards false religions like Radhaswamis and Noormahalias. They are indirectly responsible for Radhaswamis and other false Gurudoms becoming so powerful in Punjab.

As for the popularity of AKJ in India. Unlike the west, North India and in particular Punjab is divided into regions and zones. For example Nakli Gurus are popular in Haryana (Sirsa region), Sants are most popular in the Malwa region, while AKJ is more popular in the Majha and Ludhiana region, which might explain why many of you have not heard of AKJ in India. Ask your bujurgs, and even they will they will say that 50 years ago no one heard of or even knew these Sant deras.

I believe that fake Sant Saadh deras mushrooming all over Punjab is a policy of the Indian government to weaken the Sikhs. It makes sense from the Indian governments point of view, just think about it! By weakening Guru made institutions like Panj Pyaaras and Akal Takht, and by promoting & strengthening Sant/Saadh deras the Sikhs are growing weaker.

Sikhs in the west are a bit more informed and educated then there counterparts in India, that would explain why Saadh Deras are not so popular here in the west. Instead organizations such as AKJ are more popular because they promote Panj Pyaras, Kirtan of Gurbani, as opposed to what Sants do like promoting themselves and doing kirtan of Kachee Bani. Considering all of these factors it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out why AKJ

is so popular here in the west.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest noonespecial

Vir Singh Veerji,

this topic is not about AKJ or how popular or unpopular they are. This topic is about the construction of AKJ or any other dhera. This topic was SUPPOSED to be about WHY we have names for these jatha's and why no one can simply call themeselves Khalsa but need to have a name like Taksal or AKJ attached to it.

Explain that veerji...forget this jatha bashing and jatha protecting.

If we didn't have any NAMES for any of the jathas then this site wouldn't have to make a rule saying "NO JATHA BASHING!"

mod note--- if the thread goes on "bashing of jathas"the topic will be closed.

Sat Sri Akal:

You know what the funniest thing out of all of this is?

Ask those who are called "creators" of these Jathas. Their histories state that each called himself/herself a Sikh and nothing else. What was Baba Deep Singh, head of the Damdami Taksal and head of the Nihangs? What was Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh? What was Sant Attar Singh Sahib Ji? What was Sant Jarnail Singh Sahib?

Now ask their followers. Oh, I am a Nanaksari, I am a AKJ, I am a Nihang, I am a Nirmala, I am an Udasi, I am a Taksali? Did you forget that your mentors themselves were humbled that someone would address them as a Sikh? What did Guru Sahib create and belong to? Our ideal (as lofty and impossible as it seems to be) is to follow the Guru Sahib's example as far as possible. To that end, Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself belonged to the Khalsa, subjected himself to the rule of the Panj Pyare and said I am but a Sikh (displayed by his taking orders from the Panj Pyare).

Anyone think that calling themselves something besides a Sikh is better? If Guru Sahib himself was content being a Sikh, why do others strive to be something more? Know something better than Guru Sahib?

To be a Sikh is a high occupation. Selling your head in front of the Panj Pyare, waking and sleeping literally to the thought of the Almighty. Throwing your worldly life (INCLUDING family) at the mere whim of the Panth, fighting against thousands even if by yourself, being like dust in front of the world while being a lion in the face of oppression. THAT is being a Sikh.

No Jatha can claim Divine Creation by the Almighty except the Khalsa. Guru Sahib wrote "Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khaas", not A

KJ, DDT, or any other group. Want to know why people go around calling themselves AKJ or DDT? It is because they do not understand the true depth of the word Sikh. Ask Sant Attar Singh, who stated that he himself could barely call himself a Sikh. If such an enlightened individual has trouble calling himself a Sikh of Guru Nanak Sahib, then how can others who have not even kneeled in front of the Panj Pyare call themselves Sikhs (applies to the manmukh writing this article)?

An apology to those Sikhs who follow the path of the Guru Sahib. To them, ^_^

Sat Sri Akal:

You know what the funniest thing out of all of this is?

Ask those who are called "creators" of these Jathas. Their histories state that each called himself/herself a Sikh and nothing else. What was Baba Deep Singh, head of the Damdami Taksal and head of the Nihangs? What was Bhai Sahib Bhai Randhir Singh? What was Sant Attar Singh Sahib Ji? What was Sant Jarnail Singh Sahib?

Now ask their followers. Oh, I am a Nanaksari, I am a AKJ, I am a Nihang, I am a Nirmala, I am an Udasi, I am a Taksali? Did you forget that your mentors themselves were humbled that someone would address them as a Sikh? What did Guru Sahib create and belong to? Our ideal (as lofty and impossible as it seems to be) is to follow the Guru Sahib's example as far as possible. To that end, Guru Gobind Singh Ji himself belonged to the Khalsa, subjected himself to the rule of the Panj Pyare and said I am but a Sikh (displayed by his taking orders from the Panj Pyare).

Anyone think that calling themselves something besides a Sikh is better? If Guru Sahib himself was content being a Sikh, why do others strive to be something more? Know something better than Guru Sahib?

To be a Sikh is a high occupation. Selling your head in front of the Panj Pyare, waking and sleeping literally to the thought of the Almighty. Throwing your worldly life (INCLUDING family) at the mere whim of the Panth, fighting against thousands even

if by yourself, being like dust in front of the world while being a lion in the face of oppression. THAT is being a Sikh.

No Jatha can claim Divine Creation by the Almighty except the Khalsa. Guru Sahib wrote "Khalsa Mero Roop Hai Khaas", not AKJ, DDT, or any other group. Want to know why people go around calling themselves AKJ or DDT? It is because they do not understand the true depth of the word Sikh. Ask Sant Attar Singh, who stated that he himself could barely call himself a Sikh. If such an enlightened individual has trouble calling himself a Sikh of Guru Nanak Sahib, then how can others who have not even kneeled in front of the Panj Pyare call themselves Sikhs (applies to the manmukh writing this article)?

An apology to those Sikhs who follow the path of the Guru Sahib. To them, ^_^

THIS is right!! veerji, you've said the right thing... i don't know honestly, how this became a "let's protect AKJ, DDT or any other jatha" argument....this is supposed to be about how we can use all these jathay to the advantage of Sikhi and Khalsa...

i think that was an awesome post... as far as KS and N30...your arguements honestly feel more personally motivated than anything else... please leave that out...

As the mods have stated, we aren't supposed to be bashing jathas, SO STOP!!!!

FACE THE FACTS THAT ALL THE JATHAY DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE ELSE... NOT EVERYTHING IS ENTIRELY THE SAME.

That being said, how can we use this fact to shape sikhi of the future? let's face it, sadly, this world is becoming a more and more muslim world... conversions are happening daily everywhere... people are starting to use muslim terms such as "say wallahi" (for example when maki

ng a promise, someone else will say "say wallahi" to promise it"), just as people used to say, "sweaar to god!".... we're the youth and the future, and we've gotta step up and be tolerant and united with each other... so now, with all these jathas, there has to be some sort of method to keep Sikhi on track through the future...

we should all be sikh, not akj sikh, dodra sikh, ddt sikh... just sikh...but the actualy establishments of akj, dodra, ddt, and others, should be used to our advantage.. let's face it, once Akal Takht has approved the existence of a jatha, then that jatha should be used to positively influence the panth, whether you like it or not... and all of them truly are being positive, but there's the inter-jatha fighting... so now, we hafta move forward... we have to improve.... Forget Jatha Bashing...let's try to do some Jatha Loving.. has that occured to ANYONE???

bhul chuk maaf

pUrn joq jgY Gt mY qb Kwls qwih nKwls jwnY ]

pooran joth jagai ghatt mai thab khaalas thaahi nakhaalas jaanai ||

Such a man, in whose heart shines the full Divinely Radiant Light is a true a pure Khalsa.

jwigq joiq jpY ins bwsur eyk ibnw mn nYk n AwnY ]

jaagith joth japai nis baasur eaek binaa man naik n aanai ||

He the Khalsa meditates on the Ever-radiant Light, day and night, and rejects all else but the one Lord from the mind.

juD ijqy ienhI ky pRswid ienhI ky pRswid su dwn kry ]

judhh jithae einehee kae prasaadh einehee kae prasaadh s dhaan karae ||

It is through the actions of the Khalsa that I have been victorious, and have been able to give charities to others.

khu kbIr jn Bey Kwlsy pRym Bgiq ijh jwnI ]4]3]

kahu kabeer jan bheae khaalasae praem bhagath jih jaanee ||4||3||

Says Kabeer, those humble people become pure - they become Khalsa - who know the Lord's loving devotional worship. ||4||3||

i have'nt c'n ne jatha bashing, so i dunno why ppl are goin on about jatha bashing!

ms514 made a beutifall post

he brought up a very valid point...baba deep singh ji wuz jathedar dam damitaaksaal and nihungs........ so obviously he wuz'nt part of a 1 jatha or ne thing like dat

do we ever hear sant jarnail singh ji say he wuz taaksaali?

yo u go to India therew is no jatha bashing at all everyone chills with everyone. Yo go to metha you see nihangs chilling with taksalis all the time. Even in Toronto you will never see anyone bashing anyone in there face they all chill together, but its only alot of idiots on the net who talk about jathebandis who want to make differences Ive never i never seen a akj or takslai or whatever bashing eachother well stranding face to face. Peple will do on the internet justr to make differnces.