What Jatha are You Part Of?

Surrey Singh

yo u go to India therew is no jatha bashing at all everyone chills with everyone. Yo go to metha you see nihangs chilling with taksalis all the time. Even in Toronto you will never see anyone bashing anyone in there face they all chill together, but its only alot of idiots on the net who talk about jathebandis who want to make differences Ive never i never seen a akj or takslai or whatever bashing eachother well stranding face to face. Peple will do on the internet justr to make differnces.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I agree. SO LETS PLEASE STOP THE JATHA BASHING!!

If all of you will notice, the first like 2 pages of "coversation" DID NOT EVEN MENTION A SINGLE NAME OF ANY ORGANIZATION. If From this post forward we continue doing this, ONLY THEN WILL WE HAVE A DECENT DISCUSSION.

tongue.gif : Pleeeeaseee stick to it!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest balwinderkaur
nice....lets not end up fighting......hmmmmmm

oh come on... I really want one ... can we have one please???????? wacko.gif;) :nihungsmile:

one word: troublemaker tongue.gif *LOL* well i must say your wish came true.... i foresee another move to closed topics...now please prove me wrong....lets do jatha loving instead of bashing. :(

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

I would like to apologize to the Sangat for starting this thread. If you go back and read the initial post, you will see that i was not trying to start a debate...i just wanted to share something that a Gursikh with so much Piar told me. I know its not good to praise someone so much but, this Gursikh's Nitnem consists of 7 Banis, Asa Di //, Sukhmani Sahib, and ALOT of other Gurbani, and of course Simran 24/7... What he was talking about was how people argue with others saying "we are right, you are wrong"..."this is our jatha, and you are different"...he just sees God in EVERYTHING.

I should have been smarter before starting this thread and i sort of forgot that WE LOVE TO FIGHT. WE LOVE CONTROVERSY. IF THERE WASN'T ANY, ALOT OF US PROBABLY WOULDN'T EVEN GO ON MESSAGE BOARDS....these days we can't even share beautiful things that Gursikhs have told us about the Oneness of God throughout His creation, without getting into a fight.

Whats wrong with the Panth?....according to my beliefs...we have too much ego. We think we are right and all others are lost. Do you think that people who have different views than you on certain matters, are purposely trying to go to against Sikhi? No..they really believe with their hearts and souls that they what they are doing is right. Personally...i think we should follow the Rehat the Panj Piaray told us, and and when we meet someone who has different views, we should remember one thing... These Gursikhs gave their heads to Guru Ji, just like you did, they are following the Rehat given to them by the Panj Piaray, just like you do...We

must learn form our mistakes: when we argue with each other about Rehat, nothing gets resolved, we just put our Sikhi on hold, and fill ourselves with ego and anger. We could spend that time and energy towards something so much more useful such as Naam Simran, reading Gurbani, having Gurbani Vichars etc...things we actually came on earth to do.

So it is my request that we stop arguing over everything, because not only are we effecting our Sikh, but we are also effecting the Sikhi of many others. Remember, we all have the same goal, and that is: to become one with God. We have all given our heads to Guru Ji, and he is our Father...a Father never likes to see his children fight with each other, so why do we do it?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

I would like to apologize to the Sangat for starting this thread. If you go back and read the initial post, you will see that i was not trying to start a debate...i just wanted to share something that a Gursikh with so much Piar told me. I know its not good to praise someone so much but, this Gursikh's Nitnem consists of 7 Banis, Asa Di //, Sukhmani Sahib, and ALOT of other Gurbani, and of course Simran 24/7... What he was talking about was how people argue with others saying "we are right, you are wrong"..."this is our jatha, and you are different"...he just sees God in EVERYTHING.

I should have been smarter before starting this thread and i sort of forgot that WE LOVE TO FIGHT. WE LOVE CONTROVERSY. IF THERE WASN'T ANY, ALOT OF US PROBABLY WOULDN'T EVEN GO ON MESSAGE BOARDS....these days we can't even share beautiful things that Gursikhs have told us about the Oneness of God throughout His creation, without getting into a fight.

Whats wrong with the Panth?....according to my beliefs...we have too much ego. We think we are right and all others are lost. Do you think that people who have different views from you on certain matters, are purposely trying to go to against Sikhi? No..they really believe with their hearts and souls that they what they are doing is right. Personally...i think we should follow the Rehat t

he Panj Piaray told us, and and when we meet someone who has different views, we should remember one thing... These Gursikhs gave their heads to Guru Ji, just like you did, they are following the Rehat given to them by the Panj Piaray, just like you do...We must learn form our mistakes: when we argue with each other about Rehat, nothing gets resolved, we just put our Sikhi on hold, and fill ourselves with ego and anger. We could spend that time and energy towards something so much more useful such as Naam Simran, reading Gurbani, having Gurbani Vichars etc...things we actually came on earth to do.

So it is my request that we stop arguing over everything, because not only are we effecting our Sikh, but we are also effecting the Sikhi of many others. Remember, we all have the same goal, and that is: to become one with God. We have all given our heads to Guru Ji, and he is our Father...a Father never likes to see his children fight with each other, so why do we do it?

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

veerji, don't blame yourself.. i personally started the discussion, and i attempted to moderate it as much as i could because for the first 3 pages, it really was just a discussion... then everything fell apart...

your contribution in the beginning was awesome, though, that's for sure.

i'm not gonna repeat them, cuz they're already bolded point, but each of the point that you put in bold are essential for people to understand..

and again, don't blame yourself for it

no offence but wot r u lot getting excited over? i didnt see any jatha bashing here. i havent seen anyone saying "akj is dumb" "taksal is dumb" "3ho is dumb" etc. maybe im missing something, or my definition of an argument is different to yours. my definition of an argument is when people get stressed out and a discuss escalates into krodh, and ive seen no stress here, i doubt ppl r getting real krodh infront of their pc becuz sum1 is discussing jathas :T:

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

<> siqgur pRswid ] (366-1)

ik-oNkaar satgur parsaad.

One Universal Creator God. By The Grace Of The True Guru:

rwgu Awsw Gru 2 mhlw 4 ] (366-1)

raag aasaa ghar 2 mehlaa 4.

Raag Aasaa, Second House, Fourth Mehl:

iks hI DVw kIAw imqR suq nwil BweI ] (366-1, Awsw, mÚ 4)

kis hee Dharhaa kee-aa mitar sut naal bhaa-ee.

Some form alliances with friends, children and siblings.

iks hI DVw kIAw kuVm sky nwil jvweI ] (366-2, Awsw, mÚ 4)

kis hee Dharhaa kee-aa kurham sakay naal javaa-ee.

Some form alliances with in-laws and relatives.

iks hI DVw kIAw iskdwr cauDrI nwil AwpxY suAweI ] (366-2, Awsw, mÚ 4)

kis hee Dharhaa kee-aa sikdaar cha-uDhree naal aapnai su-aa-ee.

Some form alliances with chiefs and leaders for their own selfish motives.

hmwrw DVw hir rihAw smweI ]1] (366-3, Awsw, mÚ 4)

hamaaraa Dharhaa har rahi-aa samaa-ee. ||1||

My alliance is with the Lord, who is pervading everywhere. ||1||

hm hir isau DVw kIAw myrI hir tyk ] (366-3, Awsw, mÚ 4)

ham har si-o Dharhaa kee-aa mayree har tayk.

I have formed my alliance with the Lord; the Lord is my only support.

mY hir ibnu pKu DVw Avru n koeI hau hir gux gwvw AsMK Anyk ]1] rhwau ] (366-3, Awsw, mÚ 4)

mai har bin pakh Dharhaa avar na ko-ee ha-o har gun gaavaa asaNkh anayk. ||1|| rahaa-o.

Other than the Lord, I have no other faction or alliance; I sing of the countless and endless Glorious Praises of the Lord. ||1|

;|Pause||

ijn@ isau DVy krih sy jwih ] (366-4, Awsw, mÚ 4)

jinH si-o Dharhay karahi say jaahi.

Those with whom you form alliances, shall perish.

JUTu DVy kir pCoqwih ] (366-5, Awsw, mÚ 4)

jhooth Dharhay kar pachhotaahi.

Making false alliances, the mortals repent and regret in the end.

iQru n rhih min Kotu kmwih ] (366-5, Awsw, mÚ 4)

thir na raheh man khot kamaahi.

Those who practice falsehood shall not last.

hm hir isau DVw kIAw ijs kw koeI smrQu nwih ]2] (366-5, Awsw, mÚ 4)

ham har si-o Dharhaa kee-aa jis kaa ko-ee samrath naahi. ||2||

I have formed my alliance with the Lord; there is no one more powerful than Him. ||2||

eyh siB DVy mwieAw moh pswrI ] (366-6, Awsw, mÚ 4)

ayh sabh Dharhay maa-i-aa moh pasaaree.

All these alliances are mere extensions of the love of Maya.

mwieAw kau lUJih gwvwrI ] (366-6, Awsw, mÚ 4)

maa-i-aa ka-o loojheh gaavaaree.

Only fools argue over Maya.

jnim mrih jUAY bwjI hwrI ] (366-7, Awsw, mÚ 4)

janam mareh joo-ai baajee haaree.

They are born, and they die, and they lose the game of life in the gamble.

hmrY hir DVw ij hlqu plqu sBu svwrI ]3] (366-7, Awsw, mÚ 4)

hamrai har Dharhaa je halat palat sabh savaaree. ||3||

My alliance is with the Lord, who embellishes all, in this world and the next. ||3||

kiljug mih DVy pMc cor JgVwey ] (366-7, Awsw, mÚ 4)

kalijug meh Dharhay panch chor jhagrhaa-ay.

In this Dark Age of Kali Yuga, the five thieves instigate alliances and conflicts.

kwmu k®oDu loBu mohu AiBmwnu vDwey ] (366-8, Awsw, mÚ 4)

kaam kroDh lobh moh abhimaan vaDhaa-ay.

<admin-profanity filter activated> desire, anger, greed, emotional attachment and self-conceit have increased.

ijs no ik®pw kry iqsu sqsMig imlwey ] (366-8, Awsw, mÚ 4)

jis no kirpaa karay tis satsang milaa-ay.

One who is blessed by the Lord's Grace, joins the Sat Sangat, the Tr

ue Congregation.

hmrw hir DVw ijin eyh DVy siB gvwey ]4] (366-9, Awsw, mÚ 4)

hamraa har Dharhaa jin ayh Dharhay sabh gavaa-ay. ||4||

My alliance is with the Lord, who has destroyed all these alliances. ||4||

imiQAw dUjw Bwau DVy bih pwvY ] (366-9, Awsw, mÚ 4)

mithi-aa doojaa bhaa-o Dharhay bahi paavai.

In the false love of duality, people sit and form alliances.

prwieAw iCdRü AtklY Awpxw AhMkwru vDwvY ] (366-9, Awsw, mÚ 4)

paraa-i-aa chhidar atkalai aapnaa ahaNkaar vaDhaavai.

They complain about other peoples' faults, while their own self-conceit only increases.

jYsw bIjY qYsw KwvY ] (366-10, Awsw, mÚ 4)

jaisaa beejai taisaa khaavai.

As they plant, so shall they harvest.

jn nwnk kw hir DVw Drmu sB isRsit ijix AwvY ]5]2]54] (366-10, Awsw, mÚ 4)

jan naanak kaa har Dharhaa Dharam sabh sarisat jin aavai. ||5||2||54||

Servant Nanak has joined the Lord's alliance of Dharma, which shall conquer the whole world. ||5||2||54||