Being A Girl...

Guest ....KaUr....

i have no value in my sikh family. my brother swear at me and my mum and dad just turn a blind eye. my parents just keep on saying that i have let them down and i am an insult to sikhi. the last 4 or so years have been much the same. as a girl i have no place in my family. my parents expect the world from me however my brother can swear and abuse them and its fine. my brother threatens to kill me and punched me in front of my dad who did nothing. i am a door mat in my family. my family are always talking about sikhi. i just want to respected as a human being.

thats so terrible. Please dont confuse how they are treating you as being acceptable in sikhi, there actions arent in line with sikhi.

1. They should respect you and discipline your brother for being mean to you

2. They should not call you a disgrace to sikhi, every1 is at a different spiritual level, no1 is perfect, as parents they should try to help overcome any flaws you may have to make your sikhi strong.

3. Remember that you have another family...the khalsa is one big family. IF things get tough go to the gurdwara, sit and relax and get darshan of guruji, do some seva, sit with sangat.

4. Waheguruji is the only eternal thing, family, friends, worldy possessions are only temporary, but the sikh way is to respect everyone including your parents. Make your sikhi really strong and set a good example and it will have a positive effect on everyone in your life

i appologise for anything i have said that is wrong

wjkk wjkf

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no value in my sikh family. my brother swear at me and my mum and dad just turn a blind eye. my parents just keep on saying that i have let them down and i am an insult to sikhi. the last 4 or so years have been much the same. as a girl i have no place in my family. my parents expect the world from me however my brother can swear and abuse them and its fine. my brother threatens to kill me and punched me in front of my dad who did nothing. i am a door mat in my family. my family are always talking about sikhi. i just want to respected as a human being.

ignore their ignorance

p.s STAY ON TOPIC...bibi needs advice!!!

waheguroo ji ke khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fateh

gurls get the chance to do the seva of great husband gursikhs..get the seva of great khalsa to be their childrens..they gett the chance to do loadss of seva!!!

as bhai rama singh seva annd simran are like the two wings of a bird..sufmink lyk dat tongue.gif loll

waheguroo ji ka khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fatehh

:wub:

i dont get it.. does this mean that girls are supposed to do the seva of husbands.. and husbands dont gotta do seva of their wives? :wub:

waheguroo ji ke khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fateh

gurls get the chance to do the seva of great husband gursikhs..get the seva of great khalsa to be their childrens..they gett the chance to do loadss of seva!!!

as bhai rama singh seva annd simran are like the two wings of a bird..sufmink lyk dat tongue.gif loll

waheguroo ji ka khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fatehh

i dont get it.. does this mean that girls are supposed to do the seva of husbands.. and husbands dont gotta do seva of their wives? :wub:

lol....thats wat i was thinking

sounded a bit hindu-izing to me

or

bollywood cr@p

waheguroo ji ke khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fateh

waheguroo ji ka khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fatehh

it shud work both ways, husband and wife should do seva for one another.

pehnjee, a chardi kalah veer once sed to me...................aurate rab dah roop hundi ya...............bcos she torelates so much and in many cases remains quite and goes about her life.................U knw the true face of sikhi and u concentrate on waheguru and he will take care of the rest for you..............

Families are interesting creatures cos they swear the love you and want wots best for you but their actions can sometimes reveal something very different..................pehnj all i can say is have fath in waheguru and every difficulty we face in life can only make us stronger..............

Keep in chardi kalah and PM me if u ever need to talk and u can get my msn addy from my profile :wub:

Guest family door mat

i cant stay in chardi kala. i am broken. there is no support for me and i have no way out. i now fear the worst and maybe i will be thankful if someone puts an end to my life. i didnt tell my mother to give birth to me, i didnt tell my parent to feed and cloth me. why do i have to keep hearing from them about what they have done for me and how i let then down. i havent done nothing but be myself. they keep telling me that i'm cursed. maybe i am. why does my brother have to be so aggresive towards me. he's never like this outside. my parents are nice to other people. what have i done.

i cant stay in chardi kala. i am broken. there is no support for me and i have no way out. i now fear the worst and maybe i will be thankful if someone puts an end to my life. i didnt tell my mother to give birth to me, i didnt tell my parent to feed and cloth me. why do i have to keep hearing from them about what they have done for me and how i let then down. i havent done nothing but be myself. they keep telling me that i'm cursed. maybe i am. why does my brother have to be so aggresive towards me. he's never like this outside. my parents are nice to other people. what have i done.

bibi create an account on SS and PM me, its difficult to talk like this...................but pehj u were given this life after a countless amount of incarnations so you must have done summat good in ur previous life..............................remember the path of Waheguru is as sharp as a double edge sword and as thin as a single strand of hair................

Waheguru will test our strength even when we are at our weakest point sis and u must stay strong but i will share this with you................my mum used to say much worse but ive realised that she never has prem for waheguru and thats why shes was so bitter......................poeple who crow on about God and Sikhism but no dont know event the basics of human kindness are not sikhs...................u gotta surround urself with positive things, the things u hav a achieved and most of all Bani, shabad kiratan, sangat, even go sit ing the gurdwara for 15 mins can make all the difference.........

and read this: - http://www.amritbani.com/documents/The%20M...20Of%20Life.PDF

sometimes things happen in our lives that we ar not meant to understand unitl after we have learned our lesson sis

it shud work both ways, husband and wife should do seva for one another.

ya but... why was this posted...

waheguroo ji ke khalsa

waheguroo ji ke fateh

gurls get the chance to do the seva of great husband gursikhs..

..it just got my attention....

JustMe has given some really good advice. There is a sikhhelpline which you can phone/email and get advice and support from experienced trained individuals, and it will all be kept confidential.

here is the website and contact details

http://sikhhelpline.com/cms/index.php?opti...ct&Itemid=3

please say strong penji, and remember waheguru ji always