Statement From Jaswinder Singh Ubhi (coventry)

GurSa Singh

This is serious problem, i think root of this problem is how easily amrit is distrubted to everyone in this case new age youths , as one of the saints said- if you feed amrit to a snake, snake will bite you. Same thing applies here, i think we have fed amrit to people who are gangsters/fanatics/mobs and that gangsters/fanatics/mob mentality is deep rooted in them, they may have grown dhara and kesh but inside that gangsters/fanticism/mob mentality is still there as a poison. They happen to be soo called "sevadars" in the protest represent the sikh in western media, this is same problem most of other dharams are having problem with.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is serious problem, i think root of this problem is how easily amrit is distrubted to everyone in this case new age youths , as one of the saints said- if you feed amrit to a snake, snake will bite you. Same thing applies here, i think we have fed amrit to people who are gangsters/fanatics/mobs and that gangsters/fanatics/mob mentality is deep rooted in them, they may have grown dhara and kesh but inside that gangsters/fanticism/mob mentality is still there as a poison. They happen to be soo called "sevadars" in the protest represent the sikh in western media, this is same problem most of other dharams are having problem with.

:WW:

Ubhi has made his bed and now its time for him to sleep in it. He cant encourage kids to do "seva" and then when things get out of hand try to wash his hands of it.

His actions in the past must have made people link back to him.

No one asked your opinion on this ,people like you 'Niddarite Nangs',are good for one thing mud slinging,you lot can't never reach up to the levels of Seva Jasvinder Singh Ubhi has done,all you can do is bad mouth him.

Listen, SaRpAnCh veer jee and all others...

There is mixed feelings on the conduct of Bhai Jaswinder Singh Ubhi in the general sikh sangat... this is not a jatha or group thing, that you have to single out "nangs" as the mud slingers. Mud slingers are everywhere, so lets not divert the attention away from the issue here. Bhai Jaswinder Singhs actions in the past have left a lot to be desired for and aisee bhi nahi hai ke i have anything against Bhai Sahib Jee... i am even calling him Bhai Sahib out of respect kyonke mere naalo Bhai Sahib vadde han and i am nowhere his level.

I think this discussion is really quite pointless. I do not know what Bhai Sahib intends to achieve in airing his "statement" here on the forum and he is not some superstar who we should know and therefore be exposed to his affairs. As Bani states, Maharaj is the resolver of affairs. Not some statement on an internet forum.

When it comes to seva, a lot of you just need to shut up. I will say it straight. Because yes, his actions have left questions but i tell you something, no one ... NO ONE can question his pyaar, dedication and overall... his intentions, which i believe have been honest. And this post has been my honest opinion.

Listen, SaRpAnCh veer jee and all others...

There is mixed feelings on the conduct of Bhai Jaswinder Singh Ubhi in the general sikh sangat... this is not a jatha or group thing, that you have to single out "nangs" as the mud slingers. Mud slingers are everywhere, so lets not divert the attention away from the issue here. Bhai Jaswinder Singhs actions in the past have left a lot to be desired for and aisee bhi nahi hai ke i have anything against Bhai Sahib Jee... i am even calling him Bhai Sahib out of respect kyonke mere naalo Bhai Sahib vadde han and i am nowhere his level.

I think this discussion is really quite pointless. I do not know what Bhai Sahib intends to achieve in airing his "statement" here on the forum and he is not some superstar who we should know and therefore be exposed to his affairs. As Bani states, Maharaj is the resolver of affairs. Not some statement on an internet forum.

When it comes to seva, a lot of you just need to shut up. I will say it straight. Because yes, his actions have left questions but i tell you something, no one ... NO ONE can question his pyaar, dedication and overall... his intentions, which i believe have been honest. And this post has been my honest opinion.

Whatever he has done he done it for the Panth,when Sikhi in the UK was at an all time low ,Ubhi was the only one who started a campaign to sort things out,and I along with other Youths from London and across the UK ,stand 100% behind him.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ke Fateh

I have said many a time and will say it again, Akal Takht making statements in Amritsar do not go a long way abroad, who follows them , some do some don't .Isn't it obvious with the Sikhs growing in large numbers in the western world that each country should have panj representing the Akal Takht in every country and they would then have the responsibility to ensure maryada is adhered to , till this happens I doubt if there would be any progres in the Sikh kaum.

I am ignorant about the politics in the background, so no comments on that. But a couple of other points.

Sikhs should make it clear that punjabi or ethnicity does not make one more Sikh and ethnicity does not make someone less Sikh. As someone mentioned there needs to be a clear distinction between interfaith and interracial. Those who suggest that punjabi's don't need to have the same commitment to Sikhi to be considered Sikh are going directly against the tenets of Sikhi.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

The purpose of the statement released by Bhai Jasvinder Singh Ubhi is to clear up accusations from some Gurdwara Prabhandak committees and Jathebhandis regarding these recent disruptions and incidents being directly linked to Bhai Sahib and other Sikhs who are involved in the Respect For Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign. A clear disassociation is needed as the actions are against his personal beliefs and he does not stand for issues of intimidation

Despite rumours and media reports of the past the Respect For Guru Granth Sahib Ji Campaign were never involved in any intimidation of families and individuals. We hold our hands up to physically stopping Saroops of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj from being allowed to enter establishments where alcohol, meat, tobacco were served. In all cases the Campaign always ensured an option to the family that the Anand Karaj ceremony could be re-arranged at a local Guru Ghar making certain we could provide Granthi and Keertan Jatha to perform the Anand Karaj of the couple. In a number of cases those Anand Karajs were Inter-racial and in order to prevent what we saw as the beadbi of Maharaj’s Saroop within a Banqueting Hall or Hotel, their Anand Kararj’s were performed by us in local Guru Ghars.

The high profile incident at Leamington Gurdwara in November 2005 was a result of a situation getting out of hand, and the 50 or so young Sikhs who were present will probably remember the high level of emotions that took place that day. I personally have admiration for Bhai Jasvinder Singh for putting his neck on the line on behalf of the youth who could have also been prosecuted for violent disorder. Instead Bhai Sahib solely accepted the sentences given by the British Judicial system. Not one of the 50 young Sikhs present at Leamington (including myself) put ourselves forward in order to alleviate the accusations against Bhai Sahib.

Although issues effecting the Panth are vast and diverse, as an active group the original Campaign were primarily focused on eradicating the practice of performing Anand Karaj’s in Hotels and Banqueting Halls and the closure of community halls within the Gurdwara’s Estate allowing alcohol, meat, dancing and tobacco consumption. As tackling the issue of beadbi became more fashionable, we found more Jathebhandi’s being formed which resulted in a non-collective and competitive approach to issues which were being labelled as ‘beadbi’. The result today is dependent on whichever group shouts the loudest and whoever causes the most impact.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!