Sikh Guy & Hindu Girl Get Married At The Gurdwara

Into the Light

well why cant the guy and the girl adopt the lifestyle/religion of their partner or at least accept it and live alongside it while staying truthful to their own religion. a good example of this (its th only one i can think of!) is shahrukh khan and his wife lol. he's muslim (duh) and she is hindu, but they bing their children up under both religions and as a result he has adopt some hindu things and i assume that she has done the same.

can't this work?

god knows how you decide what type of ceremony you use for the wedding though tongue.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today when i went to the Gurdwara i found out that a Sikh Guy & Gujerati/Hindu Girl got married.

I know many on this forum argue that why is it ok for punjabi/sikh that smoke/drink/don't care about sikhi can get married at the Gurdwara but not people of other faiths.

i personally believe that if these weddings are going to continue then it is the responsibility of the Gurdwara committee to ensure that if a non-Sikh is to get married at the gurdwara then there should be no other wedding rituals conducted before or after ie no Chritian/muslim/Hindu ceremonies are to occur only the anad karaj, otherwise this shouldn't be allowed.

what you say?

Lets look at this way.....this Gujerati girl, despite her Hindu upbringing (Gjerati's tend to be strict Hindu's), their strong pro-caste views, strong belief in more than one God had enough respect for the Sikh guy she wanted to marry and for our Guru that she took Lava at the Gurudwara.

I would say that was good news for Sikhs and Sikhism.......and kudo's to the young lady for showing respect for our Guru despite her belief's that contradict Sikhi!

Today when i went to the Gurdwara i found out that a Sikh Guy & Gujerati/Hindu Girl got married.

I know many on this forum argue that why is it ok for punjabi/sikh that smoke/drink/don't care about sikhi can get married at the Gurdwara but not people of other faiths.

i personally believe that if these weddings are going to continue then it is the responsibility of the Gurdwara committee to ensure that if a non-Sikh is to get married at the gurdwara then there should be no other wedding rituals conducted before or after ie no Chritian/muslim/Hindu ceremonies are to occur only the anad karaj, otherwise this shouldn't be allowed.

what you say?

They are already married and are moving on with their lives! so should you because its already happened init........maybe later on they could both get into sikhi together OR he may get into her religion more i duno BUT anyway no point talkin about this because i doubt anything can be done now..........usually in mixed marriages the couple usually go through the religious ceremonies to please the parents init

its funny i start a thread on a child who needs money for a life saving operation and only two members responded and when the same old topics come up Sangat gets all hyper..............kaljug at its finest.........wotevers written in their karam is betweeen them and waheguru..... :lol:

ENUFF WITH THE NINDIA ALREADY MAN...............sangat here reminding me of those annoying grannies at the temple who talk over the paath about someones else business........... :)

Gagandeep

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh. I have a question for Guruka Singh, for the past couple of months I have been going to the Gurdwara quite often and have been attending a weekly Gurmat class. Before this I knew absolutely nothing about Sikhi (even though I was born into a Sikh family) and because of that I was on the wrong path and have made a lot of mistakes through out my life. Recently, however, I decided that maybe its time for a change and so I am now practising to become Amritdhari. But…and here it comes…I know this guy who is not Amritdhari and we both care about each other. He knows about my tansformation and has seen me in a keski as well and he respects my decision and is there to support me all the way. And we both still have feelings for each other so is it ok for us to be together? Even though I hope to become an Amritdhari some day and he doesnt?

Reply By Guruka Singh Ji

Gagandeep Kaur Ji -

Wahe Guru Ji ka Khalsa

Wahe Guru Ji ki Fateh!

Caring for someone and marrying someone are two very different things. Let us be clear. Respect and support may be given for many different reasons, but merging oneself into another person to live as one soul in two bodies is done for only one reason: to work side by side in Guru Ji’s service within the clear and singular vibration of the Guru’s Court. If your intuition tells you in any way at all that this relationship is based on personal satisfaction and desire for security and affection, then it will not survive. Act consciously - with an open heart and a clear mind. Take Guru’s Hukam and obey it with neutrality and grace.

In the Name of the Guru, the Light of every Sikh, and the Holy Naam which holds the world.

All love in Divine, …..G

Read More

its funny i start a thread on a child who needs money for a life saving operation and only two members responded and when the same old topics come up Sangat gets all hyper..............kaljug at its finest.........wotevers written in their karam is betweeen them and waheguru..... :lol:

ENUFF WITH THE NINDIA ALREADY MAN...............sangat here reminding me of those annoying grannies at the temple who talk over the paath about someones else business........... :)

I totally disagree.

If Sikhs cannot get the basics right, i.e. respect for people of different religions, caste, race, creed, colour, sex etc right how can they even hope to help people?

You have posted on a thread about a child that needs money for help, and I will bet my bottom dollar most of the people who have expressed prejudice towards those of a different religion would gladly donate……so what does that say for the state of mind of that person.

In my eyes, if a person does choose to marry a different race, colour, religion YET stands up in front of Guruji and Sangat and declares vows of marriage, that person should be commended and not vilified.

How many times do you hear about Sikh girls and boys running off with people……? I have no respect for cowards who run away. I think such people SHOULD be vilified, and those who choose to stand up and do the right thing in front of Sangat be commended.