To Every Uni Student

rimmel

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not directed at you sitargirl penji, just generally to anyone who reads it, and before anyone, it applies to me pray.gif

1.) Don't be judgemental :D

2.) Nobody is perfect :)

3.) Whatever we "look down upon" in another individual is what we eventually incorporate into ourselves. So don't "look down upon" anyone in any way :D

4.) Take the good points from everyone and filter out the ones you feel are not so good :D

5.) Don't let minor things stop you from making friends. You never know how you could influence someone towards a more positive direction, or perhaps you could learn a valuable lesson of life from them :@

And as deep and philosophical as I have attempted to sound, I better remember these myself :wub:

they go to clubs to let their hair down LOL.gif (sori bad joke) you should ask them why they go to clubs and btw not all singhs who keep kesh go to clubs so please dont think that.

i used to go clubbing in my non religious days, and i did see quite a few singhs, i wouldnt think they are amritdhari though, but if you;ve met some amritdharis who go clubbing it makes me wonder

i htink the majority that you would see in clubs would be keshdari, keep hair but not taken amrit. or wear turban/patka but have trimmed beards, so unlikely to be religious.

Maybe the amritdhari ones were just going out of curiosity or to celebrate a friends birthday or something. I guess as long as they arent drinking, chatting up girls and doing anything else dodgy and are just there to chill with there friends then its not the end of the world. It is there own choice i guess. You can only truly appreciate how bad clubs are for your sikhi if you've been to one.

(im not trying to defend amritdharis going to nightclubs, just trying to think of logical reasons of why one may go to a club.)

there's a couple of things I wanted to know about in regards to what happens to people when they go to uni. I don't know about anyone else but when I meet a SINGH I'm like proper wow......talk to them loads etc......and then you find out things about them which makes you think :D

Like I noticed this recent trend where a lot of the SINGHS go clubbing....like with full dhari etc and its not just people who have not taken amrit cos I've heard of amritdhari's doing the same....I really want to know why these people do that. Is it right to go clubbing? Why do people go?

How about you ask that question to your amritdhari/keshdhari friends instead here? excl.gif

I really wanna know if its okay to go clubbing...cos I always get invites for my friends birthday, after exams etc.....IS IT OKAY FOR ME TO GO?

do some research in gurbani, the answer to that question will be very very clear!

in fact no need for extensive research, just take 5/10 random shabads from sikhitothemax, im sure even that will answer this question. the answer is very obvious.

I really wanna know if its okay to go clubbing...cos I always get invites for my friends birthday, after exams etc.....IS IT OKAY FOR ME TO GO?

wha do u feel? we kno by u askin this question there's sumtin tha's tellin u that maybe u shud'n... at the end of the day.. u kno by bein there u won't be helpin ur spirituality... u'll most likely be around negative sangat with negative thoughts around u...

i can't tell u wha's wrong n wha's right because diff people have diff views... buh it all comes down to ur own personal self...the most important thing wherever u go is ur spirituality... if u tink by bein there ur thoughts will go in the wrong direction or ur spirituality mite go down, then u probably shud'n go... because u kno there's gonna be alcohol, smoking, lustful thoughts etc.. around u... n we all kno maya is a VERY strong ting... how do u tink ur mind will handle it if u went to a club?

do wha u feel is best for ur sikhi..