To Every Uni Student

rimmel

well i know i may be alil bit late, replying to this topic, but if it helps eh,

i'll be honest i only read the first 2 pages on the reply.and i didn' read the stuff in between... ok so i'll just picked up where heera veer ji left off..

so honestly i'd ahve to say , if you are curious, go, but be prepared, for alot of panga and also alot of pple giving ya stare and such.... and also be prepared to throw out all your smoked fill clothing,a nd also be prepared to do full 30 MIN kesh ishnaan hmmm.. b/c honestly the only way you are going to find out whether or not it for you, is if you go..

i'll tell you afunny story, going to a club , is when i got a major ephinany, back 5 years ago i was a freshman at uni, mona and kinda thinkin of sikhi i dind't shave the whole summer and kinda had like a decent dhaari coming in.... but then like at uni i didn't have any friends or sangat at all. then the school's SASA or Indian Student Associ. threw there "india" club night so i thought hey i'm brown lemme check it. then before going i decided to shave and get baby smooth skin. so then i went to the club, in hope of getting my kaam on , and dance with someone... so anyways at the end of hte night, what did i get out of it, nothing, no dancing, and not even a numba... twas sad. so anyways i got back to my dorm room then i took of my smoked filled clothes, went to bed woke up did jap ji...then after paath i looked in the mirror and i was liek dang i shaved.. what for? i didn't even get a girls number or i wasnt' even able to dance with anyone.. simply pathetic.. then i got that ephinany from GUru Ji,and guru ji pretty much said, "cut the BS and start keeping your kesh...."

started keeping my kesh but..

and well next tiem i went to the club and i started realizign that i didn't belong there. it was really odd and weird place for me, i just didn't fit in.... it wasn't me

so my thing for you sitargirl ji, is just go there and if you don't like it then don't go....

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm one of the directors of the ProjectNaad group and I do my regular bani and I spend a LOT of time writing about Sikhi, meditating and helping random people on their spiritual journey.

and I occasionally DO GO CLUBBING with friends and I usually find these amazing places to connect with people and share my Sikhi. In fact I may share Sikhi more at restaurants, pubs and clubs than I do in a Gurdwara!

Going out does not mean you are bad, that you drink alcohol, that you are after the opposite sex, that you are in some way deficient in your sikhi, that you eat meat etc etc.

In fact I personally think that Sikhs who go to lots of Rehansbhai Keertans and nothing else actualy do an anti seva to Sikhi because those Gurmukhs are not reaching out enough to help other people but instead are just chilling with other Gurmukhs. We gotta reach out!

I am baptised (Amrit) by the way and I also wear a Christian cross round my neck :0)....and I love Sikhi more than life itself.

If you want to go out. Go for it. But just don't forget GuruJi and also never preach to people when you go out. You can only tell people about Sikhi if they ask and even then you can only tel them what they are ready to hear. Anything more will be an anti seva for their soul.

Blessings

Param

Creative Director - ProjectNaad

www.ProjectNaad.com

there's a couple of things I wanted to know about in regards to what happens to people when they go to uni. I don't know about anyone else but when I meet a SINGH I'm like proper wow......talk to them loads etc......and then you find out things about them which makes you think :D

Like I noticed this recent trend where a lot of the SINGHS go clubbing....like with full dhari etc and its not just people who have not taken amrit cos I've heard of amritdhari's doing the same....I really want to know why these people do that. Is it right to go clubbing? Why do people go?

one of the MAIN reasons for me going out is to meet new people and getting to know a little bit more about someone.

I'm kinda really interested in this statement.....you meet new people and you get to know someone for real??

Surely if your serious about meeting people there are better ways such as through youth work, volunteering...You sure you don't have other psychological reasons....

listen.you know nothing about going out to bars and clubs so you DONT know the atmospere and the diversity of people that do go out to bars. I love chilling n chattin n dancin with people that are amazingly refreshing to talk to. and no...to me..there is no better way to meet new people.

If someone don't enjoy clubbing then thats their choice, i dont see them as doing somthing wrong by not going out. if you dont enjoy it then u dont enjoy it...thats fair enough.but for the love of god dont try and preach to me and tell me what im doing is wrong.

I'm one of the directors of the ProjectNaad group and I do my regular bani and I spend a LOT of time writing about Sikhi, meditating and helping random people on their spiritual journey.

and I occasionally DO GO CLUBBING with friends and I usually find these amazing places to connect with people and share my Sikhi. In fact I may share Sikhi more at restaurants, pubs and clubs than I do in a Gurdwara!

Going out does not mean you are bad, that you drink alcohol, that you are after the opposite sex, that you are in some way deficient in your sikhi, that you eat meat etc etc.

In fact I personally think that Sikhs who go to lots of Rehansbhai Keertans and nothing else actualy do an anti seva to Sikhi because those Gurmukhs are not reaching out enough to help other people but instead are just chilling with other Gurmukhs. We gotta reach out!

I am baptised (Amrit) by the way and I also wear a Christian cross round my neck :0)....and I love Sikhi more than life itself.

If you want to go out. Go for it. But just don't forget GuruJi and also never preach to people when you go out. You can only tell people about Sikhi if they ask and even then you can only tel them what they are ready to hear. Anything more will be an anti seva for their soul.

Blessings

Param

Creative Director - ProjectNaad

www.ProjectNaad.com

I swear to god, paaji...you are the ONLY person on this whole website to have made absolute perfect sense. thank you.

there are other places you can meet. Meeting in a club is just stupid. Everyone is just becoming westernized and the values and culture is disappearing. Soon it will be okay to go to strip clubs, etc, etc. It slowly keeps going further. Thats my view anyway.

If you cant enjoy, meet new people without going to a club...shame on you.

Just wanna say

If you were seen with a theif doing a robbery you also would be seen as a theif as you are in their company and are in the wrong place

Ppl saying they go to meet ppl and go clubing for a dance im sorry is a lame excuse and are not true gursikh inside and putting the khalsa roop to shame.

It is common sence it is wrong to go clubbing and thats it

i agree with you totally....i am a mona, but i still have common sense not to go out clubbin, or getting drunk, etc. :D

Just wanna say

If you were seen with a theif doing a robbery you also would be seen as a theif as you are in their company and are in the wrong place

Ppl saying they go to meet ppl and go clubing for a dance im sorry is a lame excuse and are not true gursikh inside and putting the khalsa roop to shame.

It is common sence it is wrong to go clubbing and thats it