To Every Uni Student

rimmel

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wanna know if its okay to go clubbing...cos I always get invites for my friends birthday, after exams etc.....IS IT OKAY FOR ME TO GO?

do some research in gurbani, the answer to that question will be very very clear!

in fact no need for extensive research, just take 5/10 random shabads from sikhitothemax, im sure even that will answer this question. the answer is very obvious.

If the answer is obvious then why do other people go? What am I meant to say when someone comes up to me and says oh but he is sikh and goes.......

Also I know there are amritdhari's on this forum who do go....i was shocked cos I haven't had amrit....so i was wondering - do they take their kirpan off or something? And honestly I really wanna know why these people go cos I wanna understand..

They don't value Sikhi as much as they value of having fun????

If the answer is obvious then why do other people go? What am I meant to say when someone comes up to me and says oh but he is sikh and goes.......

there'll alwayz be people that will do things they dun feel as wrong, buh sum1 else mite feel they're wrong... we all can't jus be like 'okay.. well.. he did it.. so i guess i's okay for me to do it'... it seems that u feel that i's wrong and that u shud'n go.. n if u DO feel that way then listen to ur instinct... people will alwayz make up excuses to defend their actions, whether they're right or wrong.. some people dun feel i's wrong to go to a club/pub or whatever because they mite think they're jus havin fun wit friends.. chillin out.. etc...

again .. at the end of the day.. do wha u feel is best for ur spirituality..

I really wanna know if its okay to go clubbing...cos I always get invites for my friends birthday, after exams etc.....IS IT OKAY FOR ME TO GO?

a club is full of half naked women, everyones reallllly drunk, and its full of men who walk up to and try to chat up every women in the place. The music is all rnb/hiphop lyrics are all dodgy.

now i am into sikhi, i never plan to go to a club again. If you go once, then you will end up having to go all the time because your mates will say well you came lasttime, why cant you come again.

Trust me that going to such a place will be bad for you spiritually, even if you dont drink. Every1 who goes is sooo absorbed in maya and kaam, and we are all weak so we should avoid such places if possible.

^ Yeh. Or 'would I do it if I could see Guru Saheb next to me?'. He's always watching, but just because we can't see Him, we think He's not there.

Sitargirl, read Gurbani, do ardas, pray for Guru Saheb's guidance. Other people might be doing crazy things, but as long as you keep plodding on your path there is no need to worry about them.

^ Yeh. Or 'would I do it if I could see Guru Saheb next to me?'. He's always watching, but just because we can't see Him, we think He's not there.

Sitargirl, read Gurbani, do ardas, pray for Guru Saheb's guidance. Other people might be doing crazy things, but as long as you keep plodding on your path there is no need to worry about them.

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!

Agreed. ^^^

The main thing at university is to stay focused on your studies and to just stay firm against all the temptations thrown in your direction. If nothing else, hide in the library! :D After spending so much time in a peaceful environment (even if it means just sitting there and not studying), the last thing on your mind will be to go clubbing.

Guroo Rakhaa!

Vaheguroo Jee Ka Khalsaa! Vaheguroo Jee Ki Fatheh!