To Every Uni Student

rimmel

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitar Girl!! long time no chat lol..

anywhoo.. well, i've never been to any clubs and don't intend to go anyway..

although, looking at other singhs going to balls kinda.. made me think.. depends whos there huna :D lol

nah I mean eating Out affects spirituality let alone going into an environment where ppl are drunk.. and u just sit there in the corner sipping on ur J2O.. lol what a great night that is (!)

Now to answer your question lol...

So yeah, maybe Singhs go coz they see other Singhs they know that go too..

And also maybe they were forced into Sikhi by parents - and so wana rebel by goin into clubs, act like players (then look incredibly stupid.. cant really complain abt hukam lol)

The best excuse I give to my mates is "it effects my spirituality" then they start calling me some next saint lol.. but They tend to understand.. I've heard the same old "but he goes" quote used.. but i goes "maybe he's stronger than me :) "

If all excuses fail: "My parents dont let me" - But that's coz im living at home so it works for me lol

Underground crusador still don't recognise who i am???

sitargirl, you're hard pressed to find a black and white answer

someone said "what would i do if i had guru gobind singh ji right beside me everywhere iwent"

frankly, if i had that faith, and he was with me no matter what, i'd step foot into a BILLION clubs, cuz i know nothing would hurt me... different perspective eh?

i personally have never stepped foot inside a club. This makes my perspective very biased, but I don't think i even WILL, simply because I'm too weak to be in that atmosphere. when people have asked me "but xyz singh goes, and HE'S a sikh, why cant you", my very honest answer is simply "he's stronger than me. I can't go into that atmosphere and feel like i'm not damaging my spirituality. maybe he can, and power to him for htat" cuz it's the truth.

Ultimately, don't DAMAGE your spirituality... making no gain in spiritual progress is still beter than making a negative gain (or dropping).. ultimately, we should always only do things that increase and propogate spiritual progress, but more importantly, we shouldn't ever engage in anything that makes us fall to any length...

if you think you can be in a club atmosphere and not have it bother you, then that's the answer FOR YOU. we born alone, we die alone, so don't look for a black/white rule that fits everyone... ultimately, aisa kam moolai na keechai, jit ant pachhotaayeeai

someone said "what would i do if i had guru gobind singh ji right beside me everywhere iwent"

frankly, if i had that faith, and he was with me no matter what, i'd step foot into a BILLION clubs, cuz i know nothing would hurt me... different perspective eh?

I disagree because Guru is not used as some sort of protector, only God protects.....guru is a teacher and he teaches you about life and God. Going to a club is not part of his teachings. Lets look at the sakhi of Bhai Joga. Bhai Joga was a great Gursikh and he wanted to go to the Kota....

lets look at what happens on the kota.....night time, provocative dancing, alcohol.....doesn't sound too different from a club right?? Also not everyone who goes to the kota is intent on intercourse just like everyone who goes to a club. Also in a kota if something is to happen both sides consent just as u expect in a club although lets be honest sometimes there's the overly drunk person who is just throwing their body onto everyone.

Now lets look at what your saying......Guru ji is your protector......just like he was Bhai Joga's......funny how he stopped Bhai Joga going but somehow is encouraging you to go...

Please don't delude yourself.

my very honest answer is simply "he's stronger than me. I can't go into that atmosphere and feel like i'm not damaging my spirituality. maybe he can, and power to him for htat" cuz it's the truth

Erm excuse me???? Have you been on facebook or Hi5 and seen photo's of what these SINGHS get up to. I'm more than happy to post them up here for you. The truth is not what you think. Flippen hell.....do u really go up to these ppl and say wow ure so strong cos u go to a club.........surely this implies that this is what all of us shud aim for?

Maybe I should start sending the Giani, Maharaj Ji's saroop and loadsa other people to a club. Surely no one is stronger than Maharaj ji. Hey thats quite a cool idea shall we try it out?

Face up and smell the coffee - there are a bunch of deluded youths who through knowing people like you think it is okay for them to go clubbing cos they are ultra strong and importantly they are the COOL sikhs..

Tell me one thing - when these amritdhari's go - how do they get in with their kirpan on? Do they take it off?

What about their Amrit vela....do they do that at the club cos once you leave the club your sleepy and spend at least half the next day sleeping in....

If we all look into ourselves then Guruji's message shows that sikhs esp those who have taken AMRIT should not be present in clubs. In all honesty I dunno how these ppl get in cos they cannot get in wearing kirpans.......unlike Islam the reasons we do not go are not antisocial reasons. The reasons make logical sense but only is ure willing to see.

A final thing - do u know that Guru Gobind Singh Ji's horse refused to walk across a tabacoo field? I'm sure it was pretty damn strong in its sikhi too, it wasn't gonna smoke, it wasn't gonna do anything other than pass through BUT ITS NOT ABOUT THAT THOUGH. The horse had better sense than the most of us to know that a sikh is a saint.

I dont go clubbing because i dont want to its as simple as that and you're right sitargirl there are ''singhs'' on facebook et al who go to clubs and you can see their pictures there of them kissing random white girls! but anyway simply they look like idiots and they arent cool! earlier you said "I see like these amazing sikh ppl go" i think you are sometimes too quick to judge just because someone who wears a turban and keeps a beard doesnt make them amazing etc if they were into sikhi they wouldnt be in a club in the first place and if they go to clubs just because they follow other sikh men that doesnt make them a singh it makes them a sheep for following the other singhs!

Going into clubs has got nothing to do with about being weak/strong, its just that it is not a suitable place. And those people with kesh, amrit dharis that do go they probably think they are cool or something, you should let them know, that its disgraceful that they do those kinds of things (in a nice way i mean..i just dont have that good vocab...lol). Even if it is a friends bday or whatever, WHAT KIND OF PLACE IS A CLUB TO CELEBRATE THE BDAY. THat is shameful, spend it with your family and friends at home or at a decent place at least. What kind of friend are they who invite you to the club for their bday. And what kind of person are you if you attend. Thats my view anyway.

Kiddah People.

Me im a Kesh Dhari Mr Singh just moved up to leeds to study Music Composition/production and Jazz for Uni ( at leeds collage of music). Me Personally i have been going out 2tobars/clubs for...a hell of a long time. one of the MAIN reasons for me going out is to meet new people and getting to know a little bit more about someone. and before anyone pipes up NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO GO TO BARS ARE PISSHEADS/CRACKHEADS/COKEWHORES etc. yes that goes on but not everyone who goes out to bars gets involved in that...in my experience most people dont.

I love the atmosphere from a buzzing club. and i dont see the problem with dancing dude. everyone always brings up that "issue" and the same recycled crap is said over and over again. THERES NOTHING WRONG WITH DANCING.

My point is enjoy yourself, dont <admin-profanity filter activated> about,go out meet new people and TRUST me...you'll be a more open person for it.