Why Are Sikhchic Posting Articles On So Called Sikhs?

Guest Guest

In refererence to :http://www.sikhchic.com/article-detail.php?id=364&cat=8

Why are sikhchic posting articles on non-sikhs?

http://blogs.thestate.com/bradwarthensblog/files/nikki.txt - this article states that her children are baptised methodist! She does not even state her religion in the electorial register and says that she believes in Jesus! Nor has she kept her full name ie "Nimrata" nor the "Kaur" instead its a westernised sounding name "Nikki" and with 2 surnames.!!!

No-offence but there is nothing "sikh" about her or her family. A successful asian women maybe. All the best to her.

I dont see any Sikh or SikhChic in this I am afraid. Maybe they should rename their site to "asianchic" grin.gif

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article you posted also states

She and the kids attend both a Methodist church and the local Sikh temple.

She has a Sikh background and takes her kids to Gurdwara, as well as church, she married a methodist, but is exposing her kids to both faiths, that surely beats out alot of "so-called" Sikhs that don't bother teaching their kids anything, completely appropriate that Sikhchic does an article on her, she is from Sikh background and has accomplished something very few people in our community have, and yet they think they can sit atop their ivory tower because they're more "sikh" than she is, completely idiotic!

http://blogs.thestate.com/bradwarthensblog/files/nikki.txt - this article states that her children are baptised methodist! She does not even state her religion in the electorial register and says that she believes in Jesus! Nor has she kept her full name ie "Nimrata" nor the "Kaur" instead its a westernised sounding name "Nikki" and with 2 surnames.!!!

No-offence but there is nothing "sikh" about her or her family. A successful asian women maybe. All the best to her.

I dont see any Sikh or SikhChic in this I am afraid. Maybe they should rename their site to "asianchic" grin.gif

Don't worry about it. Just send a note to website and hopefully they will do something about it.

She has a Sikh background and takes her kids to Gurdwara, as well as church, she married a methodist, but is exposing her kids to both faiths, that surely beats out alot of "so-called" Sikhs that don't bother teaching their kids anything, completely appropriate that Sikhchic does an article on her, she is from Sikh background and has accomplished something very few people in our community have, and yet they think they can sit atop their ivory tower because they're more "sikh" than she is, completely idiotic!

Welcome to Sikhsangat.com :lol:

Guest SikhChic bullshit site

Sooo.. Kids gonna get confused.. whats the purpose of going to religious place?? To learn something right? Christianity and Sikhism contradicts at many places.. How can one kid understand that? Christianity says.. "Jesus is the only way" while sikh doesn't believe in that theory.. So how they can have two different religion at the same time?? Sometime you don't have to defend which is not defend-able.

You are bang on. Although, Sikhchic overall has done an excellent job, my guess is that it's not easy coming up with new material all the time, so there was a cut and paste job. There is next to nothing in the article related to sikhi other than race, caste, or bloodline.

You put it very gracefully in that she is successfull and all the best to her and any hidden identities she may carry. However, sikhi is not about race, caste or bloodline.

Punjabi pride based in race, caste, or bloodline contradicts sikhi. It also offends my admiration of my sikh brothers and sisters who are from non punjabi backgrounds (without regard for bloodline, race, or caste). They follow the path of the guru much better than i do, ...how does race simply make me worthy of being recognized for a Sikh identity?

^^^Exactly just because she is brown and has come from a sikh family then is she automatically a sikh!?

I mean she hasnt even kept her surname as Kaur, can see how much respect she has for Sikhi.

Your not born a Sikh you become one, and actively practice Sikhi and she aint doing it.

IMO anyway. grin.gif