Morakh

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A sakhi comes to mind. enjoy

Respect for Gurbani

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

When Baba Ji was only a few years old everyone in his village noticed he was different from ordinary children. Instead of spending time talking or playing Baba Ji would immerse himself in Seva and in Naam Simran 24 hours a day.

Baba_Thakur_Singh_Ji_6.jpg

One time as the children were playing outside some villagers saw Baba Ji carrying some planks of wood. They began to wonder what Baba Ji was doing.

Using a few tools he had borrowed from someone Baba Ji started to work on the wood he had bought while constantly keeping the name of Akaal Purakh on his lips. After a few days Baba Ji had finished his work and the villagers who were watching what Baba Ji was doing saw that he had made a Manji Sahib.

Baba Ji took this Manji Sahib into his house and placed a new cloth on it along with a new Rumalla Sahib. When he had done this he placed his gutka on the throne. Baba Ji also made a Chaur Sahib.

After preparing some sweets with the help of Mata Prem Kaur Ji, Baba Ji called out to all the children in the village to come to his house. They were curious as to what Baba Ji had been doing, so almost all the children who heard Baba Ji’s call went to his house. As they entered Baba Ji’s house he asked them to remove their shoes and wash their hands, feet and faces with water that he had brought in a jug. He then took them inside and told them to bow before their Guru. After all the children had done darshan of Guru Sahib and had spent some time reciting Gurbani, Baba Ji began to distribute the sweets his mother and him had prepared to all the children.

This is how much respect for Gurbani beloved Sikhs of Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj have.

post-2170-1112995387.jpg

Narrated by Bhai Harjeet Singh Ji

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

Sorry not interested in Jackanory, I deal with philosophy.

Page 810

iblwvlu mhlw 5 ]

bilaavul mehulaa 5

Bilaaval, Fifth Mehl:

ibnu swDU jo jIvnw qyqo ibrQwrI ]

bin saadhoo jo jeevunaa thaetho biruthaaree

That life, which has no contact with the Holy saints, is useless.

imlq sMig siB BRm imty giq BeI hmwrI ]1]

miluth sung sabh bhrum mittae gath bhee humaaree

Joining their congregation, all doubts are dispelled, and I am emancipated. ||1||

Could it mean the Saints of that time ??

mahapurks such as sant baba isher singh ji rara sahib wale and sant baba gurbachan singh ji khalsa bhindranwale and many others like sant baba nand singh ji kalera wale, we can only really understand the real meaning of gurbani when we listen to vichaar of gursikhs like these who are aphedd in maharaj them selves, by doing seva of true bhramgiani only will we then understand maharaj from within and have the same gian passed on from these mahapurks who have got it them selves, we can read gurbani allday all night but untill we have someone who is at same avashta to guide us and help us understand we will never be able to understand the real meaning of gurbani, yes we all have sikhi to the max on our computers we have all got the meanings, but can u truely say we know the reall meaning of that tuk from deep inside.

sant baba varyaam singh ji thoorkoht wale from bhai mani singh jis taksal, who have now passed away, they did katha on meanings of mool mantar which took them over a year beacuse they would goo sooo deep into the arath even the sangat sitting there wouldnt be able to understand what they are talking about, now we would only be able to understand these dungeh arath if we was at the same avashta, soo we all need mahapurks in our lives like these to show us and pass on ther gian soo one day we could reach the same level to understand the REAL meaning of gurbani.

to understand gurbani fully, you need maharaaj's full kirpa, you dont need any1 else

you can listen to all of the katha by all of the sants, this doesnt gurantee youre going to get the same understanding they had

and if different sants have different interpretations of gurbani, which is right?

altho listening to katha is obviously a good thing and will help you with understanding, but gurbani itself has the power to do anything, just by repeating with full faith

QUOTE(khalistan_zindabaad @ Nov 20 2007, 05:20 PM)

A sakhi comes to mind. enjoy

Respect for Gurbani

When Baba Ji was only a few years old everyone in his village noticed he was different from ordinary children. Instead of spending time talking or playing Baba Ji would immerse himself in Seva and in Naam Simran 24 hours a day.

One time as the children were playing outside some villagers saw Baba Ji carrying some planks of wood. They began to wonder what Baba Ji was doing.

Using a few tools he had borrowed from someone Baba Ji started to work on the wood he had bought while constantly keeping the name of Akaal Purakh on his lips. After a few days Baba Ji had finished his work and the villagers who were watching what Baba Ji was doing saw that he had made a Manji Sahib.

Baba Ji took this Manji Sahib into his house and placed a new cloth on it along with a new Rumalla Sahib. When he had done this he placed his gutka on the throne. Baba Ji also made a Chaur Sahib.

After preparing some sweets with the help of Mata Prem Kaur Ji, Baba Ji called out to all the children in the village to come to his house. They were curious as to what Baba Ji had been doing, so almost all the children who heard Baba Ji’s call went to his house. As they entered Baba Ji’s house he asked them to remove their shoes and wash their hands, feet and faces with water that he had brought in a jug. He then took them inside and told them to bow before their Guru. After all the children had done darshan of Guru Sahib and had spent some time reciting Gurbani, Baba Ji began to distribute the sweets his mother and him had prepared to all the children.

This is how much respect for Gurbani beloved Sikhs of Dhan Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj have.

Narrated by Bhai Harjeet Singh Ji

ikonkaar.blogspot.com

i think one shud watch there mouth, or elders may have to wash it out with soap. lol. grow up. watch wat your saying it may cause offence. actually it has. <banned word filter activated>

obviously you have not bothered to contemplate bani in a broad sense.

To contemplate something in a broad way can lead you to understand something wrongly, and could mislead as broad would mean, not stringent and not straight to the point.

With ethics and doctrine it has to be concise.

To contemplate something in a broad way can lead you to understand something wrongly, and could mislead as broad would mean, not stringent and not straight to the point.

With ethics and doctrine it has to be concise.

agreed. i wanted to say in entirety. but ofcourse thats not possible for us. so i used the word "broad" instead. and i still stand by what i said.

after reading your posts, i feel like making a thread on mehma of sant's as guru sahib speaks. rest assured, if i make one, it'll be very very concise

PS. dont paint everyone with the same brush

Vaheguru : )

Let's all do an ardas for sikh_youth_uk - I have a feeling he will be needing it.

I 2nd dat!! very true...

I hate nindaks, if i was a nindak in my past life i hope Waheguru never forgives me and i go to hell forever

VJKK, VJKF!