Using Gurdwara Sangat Money To Extend Party Hall

dudley singh

Can I say something. What we all have to realize is that there is a demand for the halls. That’s the biggest problem and hurdle. The general sangat are not as naive as we make out, they all know that boozing and eating meat is a big no no in the Sikh dharm. Most people do not value dharma as much as their ancestors would have and therefore are not as willing to accept gurmat principles. Where it has gone wrong is that we have allowed these people to accept key decision making and leadership roles and we have been to lazy to challenge the false authority we have given them.

In my view the situation is much much more complex then leaflet handing out and the odd pp presentation. We are looking at cleaning a whole cultural generation up and this can only start by giving our next generation a better start in Sikhi. Someone’s already mentioned that this is long term, I would go as far as it will take the demise of a whole generation before Gurmat principles can be re-implemented back into our institutions.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Rupinder Singh you make very valid points aswell, it is definately all about grass routes education but at the same time we need to show the elders that we, the future of the Panth in the UK aint having it no more. The Gurdwara commitees have abused their power for long enough and have realised no one actually says anything to them so why would they want to stop if theyre making a nice profit.

If the youth go and make demands, they are bound to listen. If they arent willing to reason then why shouldnt we use force? we shouldnt be scared of these punks! I know for a fact the older Gursikhs will support us. Once a few Gurdwareh get in line the rest will follow.

Also from what ive seen from the anti Gurmat Gurdwareh in Birmingham that their commitee members arent even Amritdharis and have no youth on the commitee or if their is a few youngers on the commitee its their sons who are gonna listen to what their dads say anyways.

If a stand isnt made now then weve flopped it, we need to make leaflets, get articles written in newspapers, online petitions and then protests outside these Gurdwareh and make demands wearing full bana and shaaster. We need to forget all this jatha business and come together and stop this crap right now.

Remember strength in numbers!

PM me if you wanna get involved.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Sounds like a job for R4G, where they at?

on a side note, a wedding happened at another gurughar here, and the langar was actually gonna be in a party hall for lunch, so actually its not langar then cuz they were gonna have meat and sharab there. The dumbest part of all was that the secretary with big open beard was giving directions to the party hall! And just moments earlier, the granthi was saying how you're not allowed to wear socks in the gurdwara sahib. So lets not wear socks, but lets get drunk. :lol:

Yesterday a meeting was held by eldery sangat of Dudley administered by the 5 member management commitee which it was agreed that the party hall owned by the Gurdwara would be extended to attract more wedding parties and that the sangats money could be used to pay for it. It was also suggested that the gurdwara could be used as a security for any loan for the extension. if the sangat has decided this can we do anything to stop it other than stop putting money in the golak??

well why aren't I surprised that the "commitee members" agreed for a party hall, the commitee have become a joke to me too now, they dont do anything for Guru Ji, you really reckon the maya that is gathered currently is spent on Guru Ghar? I very muvh doubt it, half the Maya commitee members eat up themselves, Sangat shouldnt stop putting money in the golak, the Sangat need to be informed of whats going on with the Guru Ghar maya? Has any one tol thsi decision to the Saadh Sangat ? Dont no one care?