Might Quit Sikhi

Guest quitter

I try to jaap naam, do paat, read gurbani and all that, but still feel the same. Do you think I would've posted this here if I didn't already try that? I'm saying, I've been doing it for many years and am trying to find people like me and how they got over this "phase" of not caring much for sikhi. I feel like a prisoner. Nothing seems to help and my interest has gone to other things.

I could stay in sikhi and do a "part time" job, but it gets harder and harder because I am losing faith.

OK

you -

1st error: Sikhi isnt a "religion" therefore there isnt the question of whether you're going to "try a different religion"

2nd error: If you don't have faith in something you've been doing for quite a while (im assuming here) then how can you be more faithful in a different "religion"?

3rd error: Your expectations, such as "feeling different after japp naam paath" etc, are flawed in the 1st place. If your expectations are something imaginery/unreachable you won';t even want to try to reach that goal!

everyone else -

Please stop posting Gurbani tuks, Sakhis etc because it doesn't seem to be helping this chap (and personally in the same position I won't get "enticed" by it either because .. I already knew that stuff :s )

now back to you..

"jaap nam, doing path" doesn't help if you dont understand it! Forget about 1 lined translations of STTM dig deep.. look into gurbani research on anything around sikhi you're bound to find something new.. You have limited Sikhi to deeds that even Guru Nanak was against - R I T U A L S .

Contemplate on everything. Dont see Sikhi as a "religion", look at it froma different view.. Spiritually..

Read books by Puran Singh - out of this world! Sikhi is modern, immortal, not bound by rules, even the sky isnt the limit, it's all about Love!

Stop Christianizing the concept of Sikhi because that limits Sikhi soo amazingly much! Gurudwara isnt a Sunday thing(unlike the church congregation), Langar is 24/7, Women are Higher than men(not even equal), Amrit Sanchar isnt "baptism" but initiation(no such thing as baptism in Sikhi). Nitnem isn't a "prayer" that u have to do (Like Muslim's Namaaz) but a chance to contemplate on Gurbani on a daily basis.

Panth is NOT religion, or a group of people, it is PATH

Guru Granth Sahib is NOT a religious book (like bible), it is Guru Nanak.

(on that note..) Guru Nanak is Not a prophet, Guru Nanak is Satguru - True Guru, already One with Akaal - Not sent down

(that reminds me..) Guru Nanak = Guru Gobind Singh = Guru Granth. There is NO difference between them! This is a major flaw in people's understanding of Sikhi.

Sorri went on for a bit lol..

did i make sense? :D

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

U arent living to your potential Sikhi wise... Try and live to your potential then! SIMPLE

Have you looked into sikhi fully or is changing you religion an easy way out?

Ok if you have looked deep into Sikhi and you still dont agree then personally i think then if you want to change you religion then fine...But how can you leave your Sikhi which was Guru ji's Kirpa to you when you havnt discovered your full potential in Sikhi yet?

Fateh ji

Look - be whatever, do whatever.... but BE a good person. A good human being.

when you say give up Sikhi, you can give up ure saroop... but tell me, wud u reli love to start drinking? eating meat? sleep around? I would think the answer is no - u just want to be "normal" right? You can give up on Sikhi... but Sikhi wont give up on you no matter what. You cut your hair? it will grow back! you can pierce ure ears but what happens after a while of not wearing any earings? It seals back up to its natural form. So go - quit on Sikhi... but Sikhi wont quit on you.

"quitter" jee, I was thinking of responding, but I am sure I could NOT have responded the way some Gurmukhs have, especially the following portions...

you may fall know due to your weaknesses, but when you get up you will get up much stronger. Just do ardaas, from the bottom of your heart. Ask mahraaj to keep you on the path of sikhi and keep you in his charan. Your ardaas could take months and years but if you do it from the bottom of your heart it is bound to come true.
Gurudwara isnt a Sunday thing(unlike the church congregation), Langar is 24/7, Women are Higher than men(not even equal), Amrit Sanchar isnt "baptism" but initiation(no such thing as baptism in Sikhi). Nitnem isn't a "prayer" that u have to do (Like Muslim's Namaaz) but a chance to contemplate on Gurbani on a daily basis.

Panth is NOT religion, or a group of people, it is PATH

Guru Granth Sahib is NOT a religious book (like bible), it is Guru Nanak.

(on that note..) Guru Nanak is Not a prophet, Guru Nanak is Satguru - True Guru, already One with Akaal - Not sent down

(that reminds me..) Guru Nanak = Guru Gobind Singh = Guru Granth. There is NO difference between them!

You can give up on Sikhi... but Sikhi wont give up on you no matter what. You cut your hair? it will grow back! you can pierce ure ears but what happens after a while of not wearing any earings? It seals back up to its natural form. So go - quit on Sikhi... but Sikhi wont quit on you.

Man I love you guys!

Guest _warrior_

Are you looking for the easy way out or are you really trying?

Remember, the path of the gurmukh is as thin as a strand of hair and as sharp as a double-edged sword. It is a difficult path and the further you go along it, the stronger the pull of Maya as it tries to hold you back.

You can either accept defeat and drown in Maya. going into other religions will not help if you do not have that faith and determination. All religions, all paths, all ways of living require it. OR you can shake off the doubts and strive forward with the strength of ten lions and the heart filled with the love of Bani and with naam as your sword.

The fact that you realize your not living up to your potential as a sikh shows that you know a lot more about sikhi than you may realize.

Sikhi teaches us that the potential of a human being is infinite. Why, because God is Akaal, infinite, and a Sikh's goal is to be one with God, meaning you make god's virtues your own. When we read Gurbaani and talk about the virtues of God, those virtues are to be your own.

It is you who are to be Akaal Moorat(image of the infinit)e, Ajooni(beyond birth and death), NirBhau(without fear) Nirvair(without hatred) etc etc

In sikhi, your human life is a chance to reach perfection. God is prefection. You are a part of God. Enjoy the journey on the path of Sikhi, a path to perfection.

Don't do paath, live it. Don't do simran, live it. Reform your habits, your character, the way you deal with people. Gurbaani isn't like a hindu mantar to be recited repeatdely like a parrot, it is to be a foundation(of GurGiaan, guru's knowledge) on which you base your character and way of life. It is your guide to interacting with nature, humanity, the creation.

A gursikh once said to us, when you stop learning, you stop growing. If you stop growing, your dead. So be alive, keep learning, keep growing spiritually.

You may want to choose another faith, but why leave a path to something so great that even you know your not living up to it? knowing this you already know that Guru sahib expects the best from you, isn't that amazing?

Not all the Guru Sahibs were born perfect. Gurbaani, the shabad made them perfect. Read the life of Guru Amar Das, he became guru at the age of over 70 years old.

So even the lives of our Gurus shows us that ordinary men can become prefect. It isn't some false promise or some tale, our gurus showed us this, by living it and achieving it.

peace.

^^^ to add to that...it takes time...u have to be patient with urself and need sangat who is on the path...maybe jus one person who can keep u in check and help u

... guru sahibs words/bani is what we need nd make our companion to help us reform.

im sure Mklq would agree that its not an easy path and there are lots of ups and downs one faces? (can i be more depressing and far away from chardikala attitude lol im sorry about that)

so what do u do when u are down? when does one get to the place/stage where its all annand/bliss? is perfection attainable by all?? why is it so hard for some and so easy for others? why one understands it all and the other dont and are in hell(livin it right now kinda thing)?

jus some questions i want answers for

(is life jus a struggle as Christian's believe?)

:s

bhul chuk muaff karni