Girl Kidnapped By Family.

singh1986

i totally agree with ak47 veer. everybody knows when u kick a kids <admin-profanity filter activated>, he will not make the same mistake again. for the people who speak about "oh we have rights", you have no idea what your talking about. if you would have grown up in punjab, it would be totally different.

Just because it's different doesn't mean it's right or better. Everyone will probably bring up their children in the way they see fit, probably based on their own experiences. You can beat your kids if you think it's going to make them better Sikhs, but please don't try to enforce your opinion on those of us who want to do it a different way.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so now your asking me who am i to tell you the same thing?

you made a comment supposedly knowing how or where i grow up.. so yes.. u have no idea what ur talking about... because u don't know anything about how i grew up... therefore i have every right to say that..

thank you for being done...

now.. getting back to the topic...

there are certain times where discipline requires 'force'... for example... sometimes parents slap their kids for doin somethin shtyapid... and many times rightfully so...

but there's a bid difference between 'discipline by force' and forcing sum1 to believe what u believe, or do what u want them to do... the girl is 16 years old... we've all made mistakes, especially around that age... maybe not the same mistakes, but mistakes none-the-less...

they have no right to take her life away from her, just because they don't approve of wha she does.. jus the same as back in Guru Sahibs days, where muslims were forcing others to convert to their belief... they had no right to do that.. and our Gurus and other Gursikhs stood up AGAINST this OPPRESSION...

but... now, apparently some people think that this type of behaviour is acceptable all in the name of 'family honour'...

can i say jus one thing....whilst every one gets all serious and really backing there cases a lil post like thi comes along

she'll come back when she's hungery
^^ above

hahaha jus made me laugh!!

rightiee now on the serious side....

I think that both parties were wrong. The girl firstly shouldnt have been going out with anyone...regardless of if he was "sikh" [which is being used quite loosly in some cases] or muslim. It doesnt matter if she was 21 16 or 45 its still a mistake....ok she has time to learn from it. The parent should never force. Thats not the job of a parent, they should guide the children. Although sometimes if the child is BLATENTLY wrong and the parent sees this they should sort thi out together now forcing anything on anyone. At the end of the day the Child will eventully realise her mistake...if that 10 days, months or years later then so be it but s/he will learn for them selves,I dont mean the parents should stand back at let the child run wild and stuff because oviously thats wrong but if they dont want to listen to you then the only way to show then is to leave them to figure it out for them selves hunna?

No one has the right to forcefully marry anyone else to someone!

But i can empathisize with the family...oviously they dealt with it the wrong way.

woo i love writting long posts =]

Fateh ji

Vah wot a beautiful tamasha waheguru has made..................we so busy stressing about someone elses jeeven we forget to take a deep look at ourselves............the failings we see in others are not actually theirs, they are OURS, and we are all slaves to OUR karams............eeach to their own and every be happy...........its all Wahegurus Hukam :s

Nah you guys are right really, you cant force someone to follow your views etc thats standard.

But as for the parents reactions, i think most of us are not parents and therefore have no idea of what they were going through etc. Until we get there anything they do or dont do wont make sense to us.

Theoreticaly we can discuss right/wrong but practicaly its probably gona be different.