Singh Marries Singh

Guest Ojaam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fateh Ji.

I think i can explain this. I completely understand everyone's point of view (pro gays) so please bear with me whilst I attempt to explain. In Sikhi is it wrong when a guy looks at a girl and says she is hot?

Is it right to have these such superficial views of beauty?

The answer is that in sikhi things are based not on your outside but on your souls. In sikhi we are told that souls do not have genders. This is why we say there is equality. We are in turn told to love every soul since it is from the same God that you and me came from.

I think this explains a large part of life. We should love everyone. We should care for every soul in the planet...we have no such thing as family, relationships or even friendships as its one. In fact we are wrong to be nice to some people when we should be nice to everyone.

Sikhi also talks about the aspect of love, marriage, relationships. True love is that of the love for God. This means to love and care for every soul which represents God. But at the same time we are told that we must reproduce. The act of sexual activity in Sikhi is only for pro creation. Therefore the soul you choose to procreate with is of the opposite sex. The act of pro creation in sikhi is not based on things such as she is hot, she is a babe etc.

This is a very important point. In sikhi when males procreate with females its not to 'enjoy' her or anything of the kind. Many sikhs do not follow this. They see it as she 'turns me on'.......From this perspective if a guy is turned on by a guy then are we complaining because he is turned on by someone of the same sex?

The real answer is that you should not be turned on. Sikhi makes it clear that sexual relationships should be beyond desire. The people who I often see making a big fuss about gays are those who are ridden with desires for females. I often ask myself how people can they be so hypocrticial cos a man having desires for female is no different from a man having desire for anyother man. The desire is the same.

However if we were beyond these physical things (this is the ideal in sikhi) then we would only have sex to procreate. Just as I do not hate every man who tells me about his girl fantasies or how girls talk about which guy is looking buff.....I too cannot be hypocritical and choose to hate guys checking each other out. To me they both fall into the same category. Therefore both these groups of people are wrong as they cannot see that gender is an illusion when the truth is we have a non-gender soul.

Its rare to find people who are above such things but as sikhs we aim for the ideal to be beyond desire to only see an ocean of souls. We should only have sex to procreate and if we are not gonna procreate we are told to love every soul since it is from the same pot of clay that God made to make you. Therefore if you were a sikh you would care for every person (same sex and opposite sex equally) and for reproducing reasons you would chose someone of the opposite sex. We are told its a Sikhs duty to procreate where there is no such thing as loving a mans soul/female soul since souls do not have genders. Also sikhi makes it clear that you should love all the souls in the world not just your chosen soul.

Regardless I do not comment on this topic as I yet have to meet a male who does not check out the girls therefore what can I say to the gays/lesbians....nothing really cos they are doing no different from you. I prehaps can only explain what we are all doing wrong. This is very deep, I hope you can understand the differences. If not then please forgive me for not having the skills to communicate effectively.

Fateh

Guest peacemaker

^^^

You deal with a gay sikh the same as you would a straight sikh. Love them and accept them as your equal. Anyone who says differently is just close minded and not worth your time.

you can't just go around trying to change everyone

Why are we trying to change everyone else when we should be first concentrating on our own self?

This is a very important point. In sikhi when males procreate with females its not to 'enjoy' her or anything of the kind. Many sikhs do not follow this. They see it as she 'turns me on'.......From this perspective if a guy is turned on by a guy then are we complaining because he is turned on by someone of the same sex?

The real answer is that you should not be turned on. Sikhi makes it clear that sexual relationships should be beyond desire. The people who I often see making a big fuss about gays are those who are ridden with desires for females. I often ask myself how people can they be so hypocrticial cos a man having desires for female is no different from a man having desire for anyother man. The desire is the same.

LotLS i totally agree with u, fantastic respone.............the paragraph i have quoted was the point i was trying to get accross but me murakh and got anrgy cos "PEACE"maker was insinuating that i was being homophobic rolleyes.gif *Mod Edit: Bhenji, do you really think that pram-related comment wouldn't offend anyone?*

so if any of my comments have hurt or offended anyone, bhul chuck maafi cos it was not the way it was intended.........