Is Drinking Alcohol Bad?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low infrequent amounts does not do much apart from acutely alter your senses by relaxing you and to an extent can socially inhibit you and over the long term some argue it has cardioprotective properties.

Larger and more frequent amounts can cause social dysharmony, psychoses, liver disease and ultimately death.

Sikhism does not allow alcohol - full stop! If not drinking then do not start - believe me, it is very difficult to give up once in the habit. Gurbani and Sikhi will slowly turn you away from such habit, but if anyone there thinks they have a problem, or someone close to them tells them that then I would reccommend professional help.

hello could some1 tell me how alcohol is bad for us?

fateh

Excessiveness is really the problem

I agree

Lastly why would you want to drink a depressent?

It was used as an aesthetic or whatever u call it by Singh soldiers during wartime. That is a good use.

Although I know brandy is good for bemaari, flu-shuu, cough and probably some other things.

fateh

I agree

It was used as an aesthetic or whatever u call it by Singh soldiers during wartime. That is a good use.

Although I know brandy is good for bemaari, flu-shuu, cough and probably some other things.

Anything that alters the mind from ones own control, and can possibly cause someone to forget the name of waheguru is bad, if its not drunk and used as a antiseptic i would say this is ok but drinking it for pleasure and to change your conciousness i see as wrong and impertinent and the actions of a extremely weak being.

Just to confim to anyone who doubts it. Drinking is not acceptable in Sikhism.

fateh

I agree

Anything that alters mind from ones own control and can possibly someone forget the name of waheguru is bad, if its not drunk and used as a antiseptic i would say this is ok but drinking it afor pleasure and to change your conciousness i see as wring and impertinent and the actions of a extremely weak being.

Just to confim to anyone who doubts it. Drinking is not acceptable in Sikhism.

i meant anaesthetic, like the singhs used it during wartime when injured.

What does "in Sikhism" even mean?

i meant anaesthetic, like the singhs used it during wartime when injured.

Please state your source for this veer ji.

What does "in Sikhism" even mean?

It means 'according to Guru ji's teachings'. It's just a translation of 'Sikhi' and English grammar dictates that the ending should be 'ism' as opposed to 'ity' for Christianity etc. No bid deal. :)