Why Have Bssf When We Have Boss

Into the Light

bssf activities will be more encompassing than boss. I am not gna pick any faults wiv any groups, but if sum1 wants to do sumthing which will mean that they may need to start from scratch then , then you can either help them or back off. DONT start any negativity before we even see what bssf does.

As for regenrating old orgs, its not as simple as that. Why cant bssf and boss co-exist? Maybe the people who want to get involved with bssf see an avenue for sewa that they couldnt see in boss. If you any burning issues turn up to the next meeting and then we can discuss it.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the ideas of BSSF they seem good.

I think we need to stop this unite crap, because you know really its just for show, on the inside we still hate and dislike jathas that might oppose ours. Its best to just accept diversity and create an understanding.

BSSF was needed. A seperate organisation from BOSS was definately needed.

BOSS is all taksalis. 2day 1 cannot be called "BOSS" without believing Bhindranwalle is alive. Its almost unthinkable for a member of BOSS to consider Bhindranwalle Shaheed. That is the reason why it only attracts Taksalis. Think about it.

BSSF attracts all sikhs , not only taksalis and AKJ but any1 else who wants to unite under 1 banner.

It also welcomes moneh sikhs who want to help.

Differences are not discussed. Sikh groups nowadays have too many differences which they argue about. But these differences are not argued about in BSSF, they are not discussed. Personal beliefs are left alone.

Unity is emphasised and together they move the sikh koum forward by educating others.

People may argue that BOSS do welcome all sikhs, but im not talking about camps.

Camps aside, im talking about in general. today when people think of BOSS they think Taksali stright away, BOSS = taksali views only.

we need every sikh to join together under 1 banner and unite. That is why BSSF is a good idea.

BSSF was needed. A seperate organisation from BOSS was definately needed.

BOSS is all taksalis........

I agree that BSSF (or any alternative) is needed, however BOSS is NOT 'all Taksalis'. I know the main BOSS guys because of uni Sikh Soc work and one is AKJ, the other had no jatha affiliation and one leans to the Punjab Radio/ Bhasauria mentality.

Yes, there have been periods (mostly late '90s and early 2000s) that BOSS was headed by Singhs who could be called 'Taksali' (apart from Bob) however whether or not they actually studied at Taksal is another matter. This was also the time BOSS was most active and every uni had a thriving Sikh Soc.

Competition is good - let's hope they push each other to new heights.

"Competition?"

for what? what are we competing?

Like u can see a glass as half empty or half full,

you can take this a nother group of naujawan trying to promote sikhi.............

This is a beatiful thing.................its okay to throw opinions about on the forums and how about actually get off our backsides to activly involve ourselves in the parchar of sikhi.............

Any group with the intent to spread the love of Guru Nanak's message is a good thing, one less group that could have been lost to violence, hate and gang crime

:)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

We founded the idea of a British Sikh Student Federation, after a large number of sikh youth were complaining about not having a voice within the panth or in British society.

We spent over 6 months talking to people and yes, some did suggest joining BOSS, but many also said that they wouldn't work with us of we joined BOSS.

I dont mean to criticise Boss, they have been around for a long time, and i would assume that they have done some good work in that time.

We dont intend to compete or overtake, we just want to raise the voice of the sikh student/youth population in Britian within the panth (through gurdwara's) and British society.

Once we are fully operational, we would hope to have a dedicated Media team that gets our message across, be it hate crimes against sikh youth in USA, France Turban Ban, Punjab Issues, and general student/youth concerns.

NOTE: At our first meeting, we decided to allow all members to follow any panthic maryada of their choice and not just one particular Jatha (group).

Contraversional issues such as Khalistan and Sant Bhindranwale's Shaheedi are also left to the personal opinions of each person and you are not forced to believe one particular view point.

Nice to see the debate on BSSF.

Please do let us know if we are doing anything wrong as this is your own Student Federation.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,

We founded the idea of a British Sikh Student Federation, after a large number of sikh youth were complaining about not having a voice within the panth or in British society.

We spent over 6 months talking to people and yes, some did suggest joining BOSS, but many also said that they wouldn't work with us of we joined BOSS.

I dont mean to criticise Boss, they have been around for a long time, and i would assume that they have done some good work in that time.

We dont intend to compete or overtake, we just want to raise the voice of the sikh student/youth population in Britian within the panth (through gurdwara's) and British society.

Once we are fully operational, we would hope to have a dedicated Media team that gets our message across, be it hate crimes against sikh youth in USA, France Turban Ban, Punjab Issues, and general student/youth concerns.

NOTE: At our first meeting, we decided to allow all members to follow any panthic maryada of their choice and not just one particular Jatha (group).

Contraversional issues such as Khalistan and Sant Bhindranwale's Shaheedi are also left to the personal opinions of each person and you are not forced to believe one particular view point.

Nice to see the debate on BSSF.

Please do let us know if we are doing anything wrong as this is your own Student Federation.

yeah but did you actually approach them with regards to working together????